Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Shaquille O'neal traded

Kobe might be playing pick up ball with Martha Stewart-
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Shaquille O'neal traded

Good one purplehorn!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Shaquille O'neal traded

Too much money to be doing stuff like that i think. :roll:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Shaquille O'neal traded

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Too much money to be doing stuff like that i think. :roll:
    [size=7px][/size]

Funny thats what Martha said :roll:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Shaquille O'neal traded

nailed it Purplehorn
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Shaquille O'neal traded

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The lakers however now lack a big man, and I just don't think that Odom, Grant and Butler will be able to take over for Shaq, but it will be interesting to see how they will gel with Kobe. Remember Fisher is gone too now and I think that hurts a little bit. Who knows if Malone will be back too, I heard he is having talks with the Spurs. Denver will be tough, but the jury is still out on them. Nene is overrated, Camby will probably go back to being hurt now that he played a full season, and we'll see if 'Melo has a sophmore slump or not. We'll see I guess, it will be fun!

I agree that they need a big guy or two, but nobody will be able to take over for shaq. Remember that they have a new coach and a new offense, so it won't revolve around the center, like the stupid triangle did. Kobe will probably go back to scoring 30 points a game. Odom and butler are both capable of scoring 20+ points on any given night. Payton will be better now that he is out of the triangle offense and will have the ball in his hands more. We all saw last year that payton is not a stand still shooter, he needs the ball in his hands and he needs to create and penetrate. Even with how bad he was in the triangle, he still averaged over 14 points a game, so I expect at least a few more points a game from him. Also there is kareem rush, who showed in the playoffs last year that he can flat out score the ball, if he gets some PT. I think that if rush was a starter, he could score 18-20 points a game. We also have our first round pick, sasha, who experts said was the most "ready to play", player in the draft. He is expected to come in and play point for us some next season. So while I agree that we definately need a big guy, it doesn't need to be a guy who scores a ton of points. Vlade has said he wants to come back to LA and he would fit in nicely with the new run-n-gun style the lakers will be playing under rudy t next year.

Again, I am not saying Kobe will lead the lakers to the championship next season, but the lakers do have plenty of talent and scoring on their team, to be a playoff team. I think it is crazy to say kobe won't be ale to win a championship without shaq, when he is only gonna be 26 in august, and we don't know who will be on his team in the future. Not saying you said this, but i think somebody did, or maybe not.

I just think this trade had to happen for so many reasons. Shaq wouldn't play for the lakers anymore, he is 32 and has been missing more and more games because of injuries, without his huge contract the team will be able to bring in some players in FA in the next few years. If you would have asked me 3 or 4 years ago, who would i take Kobe or shaq? I would have said shaq in a heartbeat, but not now. Shaq is 32 and his injuries will cause him to miss more and more games over the next few years, and kobe is 26 and in the prime of his career. Seems like a no brainer. It would have been impossible for the lakers to get even close to a fair trade for shaq, because there really isn't one. They new they had to trade him to the east, and there wasn't much in the east. They got 2 good young players to play with kobe, and i think they got the best trade they possibly could. The finals this year, should show that the lakers needed to get some younger, more athletic players, and they got 2 good ones in the trade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123