Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Shaquille O'neal traded

What a great week so far. Shaq traded for some newer more athletic players on the team. Foward position addressed by adding odom and butler. And best of all KOBE IS STAYING!!!!!! :cheers: :king: :salute:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Shaquille O'neal traded

did anyone else watch sportscenter this morning and they stated how without shaq the lakers were under .500 and without kobe they were 3 times better then they were without shaq the lakers got ripped off brian grants an undersized big man caron butler isnt bad but lamar odom even though he sucked with the clippers and was on drugs he had a good season last year and i think the heat will win at least 50 games this year so i dont think that 1st round draft pick will be great
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Shaquille O'neal traded

"SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    did anyone else watch sportscenter this morning and they stated how without shaq the lakers were under .500 and without kobe they were 3 times better then they were without shaq the lakers got ripped off brian grants an undersized big man caron butler isnt bad but lamar odom even though he sucked with the clippers and was on drugs he had a good season last year and i think the heat will win at least 50 games this year so i dont think that 1st round draft pick will be great

Actually the 1st round pick isn't for next seasons draft. The earliest it will be is in 2006, if the heats pick isn't higher than 14, I believe. If they are above 14, then it moves to 2007 if it isn't above 10 or so, and so on and so on. I don't like that part of the trade.

Yes, the record of the lakers has been a ton better when shaq has played and kobe hasn't, compared to when kobe has played and shaq hasn't. The lakers offense went through shaq, and when he was out, of coarse their offense was gonna struggle, not only because of Kobe. The interesting thing to look at is what has happened the last few years. When the lakers were winning their 3 consecutive championships, the absolutley won pretty much every game that shaq dominated and kobe didn't. When Kobe dominated and shaq didn't, they didn't win a lot of the time. Now look at the last 2 seasons. When shaq has dominated the game and kobe hasn't, the lakers lost. When kobe dominated a game and shaq didn't, the lakers won. The finals showed exactly this. Shaq was awesome in the finals and Kobe didn't play well, and the lakers lost. I really think the pivital offensive player has changed from shaq to kobe in these last few years, and it actually did a little in the last year that they won a championship. The Lakers will be running a totally different offensive system this year, that doesn't evolve around the center, and I think they can be a good team again right away, now that they have Kobe back.

Caron Butler is a future star in this league, with no doubt in my mind. I am pumped we got him. I also love Odom and his versitility, but I did see him seem to disapear in some of their playoff games last year, so that worries me some. He will still be a good scorer for us. Brian grant is just a big body. I don't really like his game much, but we do need big guys. We need to bring in another big guy, hopefully one that can score a few points.

I, like every laker fan, hate to see shaq go, but I do think it is for the best of the team. Shaq is the single reason why the lakers became my favorite team back when he signed with them. While I will have to like the heat now with him there(and I love wade), the lakers will definately stay my favorite team. The same thing kind of happened with the vikes. They became my favorite team, when they got my all time favorite player, cunningham. even though he left, they have remained my favorite team.

Shaq is gonna miss more and more games because of injuries as he gets older. The heat gave up most of their team to get shaq and that will certainly hurt them if shaq misses time with injuries. Since the heat are in the weak east, they will probably win more games than the lakers, but I still think the lakers will be the better of the 2 teams next year. I do think kobe will eventually lead the lakers to championships without shaq, I think it might take time for him to adjust to playing without him. I think we will make the playoffs next season, and be a very dangerous team while in. I will not predict any further than that though. I can't wait for the heat/lakers game!

Shaquille O'neal traded

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Kobe is going to be back with the lakers, he announced it today!!
    they needed him during this last championship games some of our assoicates in LA where in tears by the way the Lakers played of course I did not get to see any of the games but they said it was BAD, hope he will get them back on track
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Shaquille O'neal traded

I personally don't think Kobe will be able to do it without Shaq (it being getting his team back to the finals). Kobe is very talented, don't get me wrong, but without that force in the middle, other team's D will focus more on him and force him to take tougher shots, or pass the ball off making him much less effective. I think the door may be opening for the T-wolves a bit, Shaq gone to the East, we resigned Troy Hudson. In my humble opinion the two teams we need to worry about are Sactown and San Antonio!! Next year should be fun!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Shaquille O'neal traded

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    yeah I just read that... boooooo
    Damn, I was hoping that Kobe would completly screw the Lakers!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Shaquille O'neal traded

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I personally don't think Kobe will be able to do it without Shaq (it being getting his team back to the finals). Kobe is very talented, don't get me wrong, but without that force in the middle, other team's D will focus more on him and force him to take tougher shots, or pass the ball off making him much less effective. I think the door may be opening for the T-wolves a bit, Shaq gone to the East, we resigned Troy Hudson. In my humble opinion the two teams we need to worry about are Sactown and San Antonio!! Next year should be fun!!
    Dont forget about odom, bulter and grant. Well grant sucks but the other two are pretty good. Paytons coming back and he doesnt have to be in the triangle anymore so he can do his magic with the fastbreak. Malone is questionable and it seems like we are trying to pursue vlade flop divac. :? At least the lakers are once again a young team unlike last year.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Shaquille O'neal traded

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I am not gonna say Kobe will get the lakers back to the championship next season, but he will eventually learn and do it. he will go through the same thing Jordan did, and learn how to get the most out the players around him.

As far as teams that the t-pups should be worried about, they better be worried about the nuggets. K-mart and carmelo are an awesome duo and will make denver one of the better teams in the west next year. Denver definately became my 2nd favorite team now that they got K-mart, who i like, and I love carmelo. The lakers won't be an easy team to beat next year, but probably not a team that will make a run at the finals. Who knows though, Kobe might suprise some people by how well he plays under Rudy T and in the run-n-gun style of offense we will be running next year.

Shaquille O'neal traded

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

I am not gonna say Kobe will get the lakers back to the championship next season, but he will eventually learn and do it. he will go through the same thing Jordan did, and learn how to get the most out the players around him.

As far as teams that the t-pups should be worried about, they better be worried about the nuggets. K-mart and carmelo are an awesome duo and will make denver one of the better teams in the west next year. Denver definately became my 2nd favorite team now that they got K-mart, who i like, and I love carmelo. The lakers won't be an easy team to beat next year, but probably not a team that will make a run at the finals. Who knows though, Kobe might suprise some people by how well he plays under Rudy T and in the run-n-gun style of offense we will be running next year.
    Dont forget about phoenix, there an up and coming team with steve nash added and possibly q-rich as well. stoudamire and marion are solid or above solid fowards.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Shaquille O'neal traded

The lakers however now lack a big man, and I just don't think that Odom, Grant and Butler will be able to take over for Shaq, but it will be interesting to see how they will gel with Kobe. Remember Fisher is gone too now and I think that hurts a little bit. Who knows if Malone will be back too, I heard he is having talks with the Spurs. Denver will be tough, but the jury is still out on them. Nene is overrated, Camby will probably go back to being hurt now that he played a full season, and we'll see if 'Melo has a sophmore slump or not. We'll see I guess, it will be fun!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast