Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Shaq to Suns, Marion to Heat

Should be interesting to see how this pans out, big risk for the suns, Shaq's been injured, Marion is young and consistent

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Shaq trade

Shaq might be a decent gamble for a championship, but the 40 million over the next couple years tips the scales to the point of saying don't pull the trigger.

The Suns let Riley and the Heat off the hook for the $$$$.. not wise IMO.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    Shaq might be a decent gamble for a championship, but the 40 million over the next couple years tips the scales to the point of saying don't pull the trigger.

Yeah but they lost the contracts of Marion and banks. 20 million a year is not that much for one of the greatest players of all time.

It is too early to tell, anything less than a championship and it was a bad trade for the suns, anything more and it was a good trade.

I don't see the heat winning another championship ever. Wade is overrated and was a bi-product of Shaq's dominance. The heat should be shopping Wade.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Why is there a replay?
    I wondered that myself. Perhaps it says if I click the initial link, I just don't have the energy to do that.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Yeah but they lost the contracts of Marion and banks. 20 million a year is not that much for one of the greatest players of all time.

It is too early to tell, anything less than a championship and it was a bad trade for the suns, anything more and it was a good trade.

I don't see the heat winning another championship ever. Wade is overrated and was a bi-product of Shaq's dominance. The heat should be shopping Wade.
    Magic Johnson is considered by many to be one of the best to ever play the game.
    Why doesn't somebody pick him up?
    Hell Karl Malone and Dominic Wilkins are probably getting bored as well.
    Seeing as how they are some of the greatest of all time, maybe they can help make a championship push.
    ;D

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Shaq/Marion Trade (Heat/Suns)

I personally like this trade.
    The suns would not be able to retain marion after next year as he will no doubt want/get a max contract.
    With the play of up and coming star boris diaw they are pretty well set at the SF position. Another area of concern is that Nash only has a few more years, if that, of high level play and they need to make the roster adjustments to make a run now, and have money available in a few years to sign key players (i.e. Diaw and Barbosa)

I believe this trade was made almost exclusively to give the suns a big man to cover Duncan when they meet in the playoffs (most likely conference championship).
    Shaq's presence will also take some heat off Amare who should be a little more free to hit his 10-14 foot shot that he has developed so well.

The only concern i have for the suns regarding this trade is that Shaq's presence in the lane generally clogs it up a bit.
    Steve nash has always thrived on driving and dishing and im wondering how this will affect their offense.

In any case, i dont see Shaq playing a lot of minutes unitl it counts (i.e. playoffs)

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Shaq/Marion Trade (Heat/Suns)

Mr. Sux.. (note I have to drop the Pack part. )

I agree with the short term of this trade for the Suns, but wait til they are still paying him 20 million to sit on the injured list the next 2 years. The Heat get out of that fat deal and have cap room and lotto position to rebuild with. Still think it is a mistake.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Magic Johnson is considered by many to be one of the best to ever play the game.
    Seeing as how they are some of the greatest of all time, maybe they can help make a championship push.
    ;D
    The difference is that Oneil won a championship in 06, even though he did not have a good regular season. He carried the team to a couple of road playoff wins.

20 mil put shaq at the fifth highest paid, but of the 4 ahead of him I would only take KG.

1. Kevin Garnett - $23,750,00

2. Michael Finley - $21,696,750

3. Stephon Marbury - $20,109,375

4. Allen Iverson - $20,109,375

5. Shaq - $20M

The change of scenery is going to motivate Shaq and by the time the playoffs roll around he will be the most dominating center in the leaque.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

;D
    The difference is that Oneil won a championship in 06, even though he did not have a good regular season. He carried the team to a couple of road playoff wins.

20 mil put shaq at the fifth highest paid, but of the 4 ahead of him I would only take KG.

5. Shaq - $20M

The change of scenery is going to motivate Shaq and by the time the playoffs roll around he will be the most dominating center in the leaque.
    The problem is, anything less than that and he is a disapointment for what they gave up.
    And stating that he will be the most dominating center in the league may be a bit optimistic given his age/size/injury history.

It is very possible, but still optimistic.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

;D

5. Shaq - $20M

The problem is, anything less than that and he is a disapointment for what they gave up.
    And stating that he will be the most dominating center in the league may be a bit optimistic given his age/size/injury history.

It is very possible, but still optimistic.
    Very risky, before they made the trade they had the best record in the western conferance, but they must have realized that in a 5 or 7 game series they would not be able to beat the Spurs, Dallas, or the improved Lakers, who all have dominant big men. If that is the case then you have no choice but to make a trade(assuming the goal is to win a championship). Nash isn't getting any younger so if it doesn't work out this year or next they will be starting over anyway.

Shaq is going through a divorce which has distracted him from basketball some, but I think the move will get him away from that and he will be refocused on basketball.

Plus the ownership will make a fortune on Shaq jerseys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast