Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: As Seen on TV

  1. #11
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: As Seen on TV

    I've used the pocket fisherman before, those things crack me up.

    My bro-in-law was at the store with me a few yrs ago and he says, wow, check it out, one of those ugly sticks.
    You can grab the tip and bend it over until it touches the handle.
    I said, 'no way' knowing he would prove it.
    He showed me and it splintered into a zillion intact lenghwise fragments.
    Guess not.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: As Seen on TV

    Oh c'mon! I know there has got to be lots of these out there.



    I didn't buy it from TV. I believe I got it from my parents. It was one of the earliest kitchen gadgets sold on TV.

    Even before the Ronco bottle & jug cutter.



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: As Seen on TV

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I bought a "Pocket Fisherman" several years ago and it worked very well considering the pole was so short. You couldn't cast real far but it did work like a charm if you had a heavy enough lure on the end.



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: As Seen on TV

    "singersp" wrote:
    Oh c'mon! I know there has got to be lots of these out there.



    I didn't buy it from TV. I believe I got it from my parents. It was one of the earliest kitchen gadgets sold on TV.

    Even before the Ronco bottle & jug cutter.


    Those were great until the platic teeth on the top broke off and fell into the fries.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    979

    Re: As Seen on TV

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Has anyone ever bought the the stupid stuff they sell on TV info-mercials?
    I just saw this stupid thing where you can peel a potato in 8 seconds by rubbing it.
    It's called Tater Mitt


    http://www.tatermitts.com/?cid=307760
    Being a food professional, I have seen this and noticed that it is atleast partially cooked potato.
    You don't need gloves to rub the peel of that then.
    I found it pretty funny.
    SKOL VIKINGS

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Andover
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: As Seen on TV

    I don’t know what it is but the infomercials with this woman
    always make me want to buy something although I never have. When I first saw her I was like why do they have her doing this? But
    I get drawn in everytime. It’s mesmerizing lol


    I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

  7. #17
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: As Seen on TV

    What qualifications do you need to be a "TV Food Expert"
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: As Seen on TV

    "digital420" wrote:
    the last thing i wanna do when i'm rubbin my tater is de-skin it..


    DiGiTaL


    Glad to see I'm not the only one to rub my tater!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: As Seen on TV

    "Garland" wrote:
    There used to be a site that would rate everysingle "as Seen on TV" product buty I cannot find it for the life of me. Some I was surprised were total junk while others were actually good products. But with the gloves I would be worried that I would have to scratch my nards while wearing the gloves and then oh-oh.
    Those gloves would not be a big hit at this Saturdays


    http://www.masturbate-a-thon.com/

    Yes....It is real!
    Only in SF!!


    I wonder how many PPO'ers are already signed up?
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: As Seen on TV

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    There used to be a site that would rate everysingle "as Seen on TV" product buty I cannot find it for the life of me. Some I was surprised were total junk while others were actually good products. But with the gloves I would be worried that I would have to scratch my nards while wearing the gloves and then oh-oh.
    Those gloves would not be a big hit at this Saturdays


    http://www.masturbate-a-thon.com/

    Yes....It is real!
    Only in SF!!


    I wonder how many PPO'ers are already signed up?
    Wow, this thread just took a turn for the worse. ;D
    You can even listen to a song from the "Wet Spots" on that page.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •