Thread: Screw Them!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Screw Them!!!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=371251&cc=5901
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Screw Them!!!

why are you so mad about that?

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Because as a nation they are a bunch of hypocrites...they denegrate women, turn a blind eye to violence by their fellow Muslims and cost me a ton in gasoline by arbitrarily raising oil prices every time one of the sheiks wants a new racehorse or Bentley!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Because as a nation they are a bunch of hypocrites...they denegrate women, turn a blind eye to violence by their fellow Muslims and cost me a ton in gasoline by arbitrarily raising oil prices every time one of the sheiks wants a new racehorse or Bentley!
    Yah but the players HAVE to refuse the award

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

It makes sense to me. If they don't want the award, just have them send it to me. I'll take it.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Er.. Caj, don't piss about.

Would any other player or country accept an award that involved a presentation of 2 lbs of cocaine?

Of course they wouldn't cos it's illegal! In Muslim countries, alcohol is illegal.

And these high oil prices come as a result of a strong global economy, natural disaster, unilateral action against the oil-producing nations (not just Iraq, Iran's on the list and Venezuala is being strong-armed as well), and fear; of economic recession, further military or financial sanctions against the oil-producing nations.

Of course the oil companies don't help matters; claiming increased oil prices and the cost of refining it on the one hand and making record profits on the other, but you don't complain about that?

[EDIT] Apologies for the tone and the content of this post; only after I typed it did I realise it was somewhat geopolitical in nature and a bit condescending in tone. I haven't erased it, instead I hope this annotation explains myself so nobody comes back and tears me a new one.

"Benet" wrote:

Would any other player or country accept an award that involved a presentation of 2 lbs of cocaine?

Of course they wouldn't cos it's illegal! In Muslim countries, alcohol is illegal.

And these high oil prices come as a result of a strong global economy, natural disaster, unilateral action against the oil-producing nations (not just Iraq, Iran's on the list and Venezuala is being strong-armed as well), and fear; of economic recession, further military or financial sanctions against the oil-producing nations.

Of course the oil companies don't help matters; claiming increased oil prices and the cost of refining it on the one hand and making record profits on the other, but you don't complain about that?
    Yes I DO complain about the oil companies....EVERY DAY...but since Bush, Cheney and their cronies condone that behavior, I don't have much say in what our leaders do to line the pockets of their buddies here.

What I dislike most about countries that have "religious legal systems" is that they are basing "civil" law on "moral" codes...codes based on beliefs, not logic. So IF your beliefs don't dovetail to what the religious legal system says you have to do, you have to compromise your beliefs in order to stay out of jail, get flogged or other penalties imposed by these governments. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the religions themselves (I believe that everyone should be able to dictate their moral lives)....what I AM knocking is the fact that these religious legal systems are in essence imposing their religious beliefs on everyone there by making their religious laws part of the civil code. And THAT I cannot abide by!!!

"Benet" wrote:

[EDIT] Apologies for the tone and the content of this post; only after I typed it did I realise it was somewhat geopolitical in nature and a bit condescending in tone. I haven't erased it, instead I hope this annotation explains myself so nobody comes back and tears me a new one.
    The tone was INTENTIONAL...not because I wanted to be a jerk...but to both invite debate AND to juxtapose that with the fact that it is also condescending of those countries to impose their religious based laws on those citizens and visitors to those countries who come from different religious backgrounds. See my point?

BTW, no offense taken from any of your posts...or language for that matter...it's all good!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Yes I DO complain about the oil companies....EVERY DAY...but since Bush, Cheney and their cronies condone that behavior, I don't have much say in what our leaders do to line the pockets of their buddies here.

What I dislike most about countries that have "religious legal systems" is that they are basing "civil" law on "moral" codes...codes based on beliefs, not logic. So IF your beliefs don't dovetail to what the religious legal system says you have to do, you have to compromise your beliefs in order to stay out of jail, get flogged or other penalties imposed by these governments. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the religions themselves (I believe that everyone should be able to dictate their moral lives)....what I AM knocking is the fact that these religious legal systems are in essence imposing their religious beliefs on everyone there by making their religious laws part of the civil code. And THAT I cannot abide by!!!
    Fair enough mate, you've more than justified your position to me.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:

The biggest mistake George W. Bush made in the Iraq conflict was to PREDETERMINE what Iraq's new form of Government would be.

You read it here first.

It wasn't following bad intel, it wasn't going in at all, it was PREDETERMINING the form of government.

In America, we're all about our "Freedoms". Freedom of speech, religion, blah, blah, blah. On any given day, I will hear at LEAST 3 people at some point in time claim that some mythical RIGHT of theirs has somehow been violated.

*groan*

To me, the ultimate hypocrasy is the fact that we do not allow other people the opportunity to find their own "Freedoms". I am not muslim - and I really am not fond of the extremists - but the truth is that muslim nations tend to, by and large, be populated by.....you guessed it....MUSLIMS. And, since the vast majority of them are muslims, it only makes sense - to them - that their laws reflect their PERSONAL BELIEF STRUCTURE.

While we may find some of those laws to be repugnant, offensive, or archaic, it is important to recognize the FACT that these are NOT OUR COUNTRIES. We CANNOT impose our moral/legal standards upon nations that do not subscribe to them any more than we accept them imposing their standards on us.

Many of the Muslim leaders call America, "The Great Satan" due to our moral wantonness and our liberal attitude towards religion. Do we then curtail our unchaste behaviour and experience a religious revival?

No - we tell them to pound sand.

So how can you - or we, or us, or whatever - expect them to conform to YOUR belief structure? In doing so, aren't you imposing YOUR religious/moral/legal beliefs on them? And, in doing so, aren't you restricting THEIR "freedoms"?

Yes, you are.

The greatest freedom we have, quite honestly, is the freedom to make the wrong choice. This is significant because we have a choice to begin with. Well, so does Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the Sudan, Djibudi, the UAE, etc, etc. And, overwhelmingly, they have chosen to be MUSLIM.

We cannot, in good faith, force someone else to conform to our belief structure and then hang the label "Freedom" on it because then it no longer is. It's like frosting a turd and calling it a cookie...

So, instead of blasting the Saudi's for refusing to accept an award sponsered by a corporation who supplies a substance which is in direct violation to their religious beliefs and their countries' laws, we should APPLAUD their convictions and their willingness to take the "Moral High Road"....something too many Americans lack the backbone to do, and then disguise their weakness and cowardice behind a veil of "Freedoms".

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast