Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scientology

Del Rio Guest

Re: Scientology

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Comon now if someone made a post like this about christianity there would be riots.
    Right, but that's because Christianity is a 2000 year old religion. There would probably be riots over a post like that about Judaism too, but once again, Judaism is several thousand years old. Scientology is a 50 year old "religion" that is easily traced back to one dude who wanted to make something up! That's why I think there is a difference.
    One could argue Christianity is traced back to one dude making something up, maybe even a group of people making something up. Mormanism...one dude making something up, Muslim...one dude making something up.

The point being you can't proove any religion is real. So why make fun of one that you think is a sham. I know people who feel christianity is the biggest joke played of all times, and that people who follow it are their own kind of crazy......but they are not allowed to blast it.

What is the difference if one guy made it up 2000 years ago or one guy made it up 50 years ago? You have 2000 years to buy into it and forget it was made up?

Del Rio Guest

Not to mention the link is so bias that it's pretty lame it was even posted. I can find links for every major religion that make similar claims to being a cult and being a detrament to society.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

The reason that Scientology is different is because it is clearly a covert attempt to ensnare and directly brainwash people (not as in "convert," I'm talking about overt, taking-people-to-a-secret-room-and-putting-them-into-an-impressionable-alpha-brain-waves-state brainwashing). Read the link I posted if you want to see their methods. And some of the things they've done to people. People have died because of a belief in high-level members' supposed "healing" abilities.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Del Rio Guest

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    The reason that Scientology is different is because it is clearly a covert attempt to ensnare and directly brainwash people (not as in "convert," I'm talking about overt, taking-people-to-a-secret-room-and-putting-them-into-an-impressionable-alpha-brain-waves-state brainwashing). Read the link I posted if you want to see their methods. And some of the things they've done to people. People have died because of a belief in high-level members' supposed "healing" abilities.
    Trust me when I say christianity has lead to many more deaths then Scientology. Your link is a joke.

I'm locking this thread for now. Not because I am a Scientologist I'm definately not, but because it is simply not appropriate to start a thread with the sole purpose of bashing a religion that you do not agree with. Just no need for it.

We can't pick and choose what religions we bash on here, it's all or nothing. I imagine most people would agree with avoiding the situation all together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123