Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

School Official Tackles Disorderly Student at Shakopee Basketball Game

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5911707&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

SHAKOPEE, Minn. -- Video of a Prior Lake student running onto the basketball floor and getting tackled by a Shakopee High School administrator is making rounds on YouTube. The fan was tackled by an activities director after grabbing the ball toward the end of the game and taking shots.

Youtube Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZbumkF4xHs

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: School Official Tackles Disorderly Student at Shakopee Basketball Game

I can't believe that happened in my back yard and only heard about it now!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

hopefully the vikes give that guy a look

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

I just watched the video... WOW!!! What a absolute abuse of power by this "activities" director. This is horrible. I honestly hope this man is suspended from his position. Dont get me wrong, the kid who ran on the court was out of line. But the fact a grown man, who is under "power" in the school felt he needed to tackle the kid to the ground in that manner is disgusting. He completely overreacted. I will be contacting the school district on this and expressing my view point, I as a parent highly suggest any other parent to do the same. People like this man who over reacte in this way to a student has no place in a school.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I just watched the video... WOW!!! What a absolute abuse of power by this "activities" director. This is horrible. I honestly hope this man is suspended from his position. Dont get me wrong, the kid who ran on the court was out of line. But the fact a grown man, who is under "power" in the school felt he needed to tackle the kid to the ground in that manner is disgusting. He completely overreacted. I will be contacting the school district on this and expressing my view point, I as a parent highly suggest any other parent to do the same. People like this man who over reacte in this way to a student has no place in a school.

Maybe the kid repeatedly called him "dude" in school.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:

Maybe the kid repeatedly called him "dude" in school.
    Yeah that story in Pittsburg was crazy to believe as well.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't think that the staff person was out of line in doing this. It was not a very violent take down and he was just doing his job. As a teacher and athletics supervisor I probably would've done the same thing. The supervisor's are there to protect the players, coaches and officials and that needs to be done regardless of the severity of what's going on.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I think it was pretty funny
    ;D what's the big deal looking it from anotherway, he wanted to stop the kid but fell and therefor they tripped and it looked like a tackle
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

im on the complete opposite side of you.
    He took the kid down no big deal, the kid was out of line, got what he deserved.

Thanks josdin00

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I agree, it wasn't anything malicious (sp?). Just the guy doin what he had to do.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast