Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: SCHOOL -- 1958 vs. 2008

I was raised in the same kinda home as Anderson. Every guy in my family has wrestled at some point in his life. And many served America in the service. One of my uncles was a Olympic wrestler and Green Beret. You didn't win any points by being a pussy. You didn't complain about dumb petty things. You scraped your knee? You rubbed some dirt on it. You got beat? You got up and tried again, but you were never a lousy loser. You practiced and worked till you could actually win. You certainly didn't get a medal if you lost. You had to earn that shit. If you wanted it bad enough you would do anything work and practice till you were good enough to earn it. And You certainly knew how to put in a days work or you didn't eat. You fought for what is right.

To many mental pussies out there. Guys who can fight and will. But aren't good winners or losers. Those bastards are the worse. Fighting with them usually doesn't help, just makes them resort to stabbing you in the back.

I agree with Anderson. I have no respect for some of these new modern girly guys. I think parenting has a big part in that. Most of those types of guys never had good discipline. Parents really need to get off their asses these days and raise their kids right.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Coward of the County": The movie
    The song inspired a 1981 television movie of the same name, set in Georgia during World War II. The film starred: Rogers himself as Reverend Matt Spencer (the narrator); Frederick Lehne as his troubled nephew Tommy Spencer; and Largo Woodruff as Becky. The movie added several characters never mentioned in the song, including: Car-Wash (Noble Willingham); Violet (Ann-Alicia); and Lem Gatlin, father of the "Gatlin Boys" (brothers Jimmy, Paul and Luke).
    Still got that WV southern love pumping through your veins, eh BLV.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Coward of the County": The movie
    The song inspired a 1981 television movie of the same name, set in Georgia during World War II. The film starred: Rogers himself as Reverend Matt Spencer (the narrator); Frederick Lehne as his troubled nephew Tommy Spencer; and Largo Woodruff as Becky. The movie added several characters never mentioned in the song, including: Car-Wash (Noble Willingham); Violet (Ann-Alicia); and Lem Gatlin, father of the "Gatlin Boys" (brothers Jimmy, Paul and Luke).
    Still got that WV southern love pumping through your veins, eh BLV.
    :P
    No even close

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The 'back in the day' threads are funny.
    Everyone knows there are good and bad things about every generation.
    As a parent I know that it is a challenge to teach kids about earning things in the era where everyone gets a trophy for participating no matter how much they suck. There are also some hard-working kids that are an asset to society, but, I would have to go with there being more pussies in today's society in the great USA then there was in the past.
    Good post.

And you're right, there are a ton of pussies in todays youth.... and not good "meow", male "meow".

Fortunately for me, my dad is very old-school, so was just about every male authority figure in my life, except for one, but my dad pointed out his femininity to me at a young age and I lost all respect for him.

Men are supposed to be men, we're supposed to fight, and be aggressive. Not be little girls, like mothers raise their sons to be nowadays. When I was growing up through elementary school, and middle school, I got into fights a lot. Whether there was a dispute that needed to be settled, or if someone was just giving me pooh, and I didn't like it, I hit them, and if they hit back, it was on. But today, little kids are taught not to fight, not to defend themselves, just to tell a teacher, or talk it out. Well you know what? Sometimes teacher doesn't know best, sometimes you just have to man up and throw a fricken punch.

That's why whenever I see a little boy crying, I tell him "SUCK IT UP beeyatch! ARE YOU A GIRL? I DON'T THINK SO!"

or if I see two little boys arguing, I step in and say "You know guys, this really would be easier if you would just fight"

Some mothers get very upset about me stepping in and parenting their children, so I just flash them my "WWCD?" t-shirt(which I wear as an undershirt every day, and if they back down, they don't get punched out.

LOL.
    I once told a kid (son of a friend of mine) who got picked on in school all the time, go find the biggest kid that is bothering you and hit him square in the nose.

I told him he might get his ass beat and that he would have to do it again, but I gauranteed him that he wouldn't have to do it twice.

It worked, but I sure got hell from the boys mom for giving him that advice.

;D

Wildman has been told from the day he could understand.....

"Don't start a fight, but never walk away from one".

Label me old school.
    That's what my dad taught me my entire life.

Until I grew 5 inches and gained 100 pounds in 3 years.

When I was a regular sized kid he told me not to walk away, but when I hit 6'4" 275 he told me "Don't fight, at your size, even when you win, you're gonna lose."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123