Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Sad ... Very sad.

I actually read an article that touched on this in TIME magazine. It was a while ago and I don't remember exactly what they said, but it was a pretty good explanation I will see if I have it still when I get home.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Ultra that is what the story tries to make it sound like! They have to transport them in some manner and that is not showing disrespect, the soldiers remains have to be returned home somehow and unless you want a military transport C-131 or so forth to take each of them to a town individually they have to move them somehow. How is this showing them disrespect? They are transporting them on a plane the same as if it was a military plan like a C-131. And the ones that arrive in the twincities are met by a military honor guard. This story is written to make it sound like they are mistreating these soldiers remains, and that is not the case. This was strictly done to enflame people with miss information! Do you think that they drop them from a cover belt on top of luggage and leave them any way the coffin falls? They are brought aboard an AIRPLANE and secured for the flight. How is this disrespecting them in anyway?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Ultra that is what is being done, the fallen soldiers arrive in the US on military transport with honor guard. And then are sent on to the home town of the soldier, and are met there by military guard from local VFW's.

What more should they do?

Cajun, sorry you do not like the president but the 53 million people that voted for him, do! Sorry your candidate lost, but get the f*ck over it! You seem to think that our government is the most evil and vile thing on earth, why don't you run for office and change it then! But I would rather live under this government than 99% of the governments on this planet, and I think you should be a little more grateful that you were born here and not in Iran.
    Ok OK I gotta jump in for a second. Cajun nor anybody else needs to "get over" Bush being "re-elected". What we do have to do is ried out the remainder of his presidency and try not to hurt ourselves. If politics is a forbidden topic on this site let's keep it that way. If we're gonna have Bush haters and supporters jump all over each other on this website, count me on Cajun's side on this one. I would agree with what several of you have said but let's all keep this calm ok???? And I agree fallen soldiers should be treated with the utmost dignity...period.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Word up DC!! Totally agree

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Ultra that is what is being done, the fallen soldiers arrive in the US on military transport with honor guard. And then are sent on to the home town of the soldier, and are met there by military guard from local VFW's.

What more should they do?

Cajun, sorry you do not like the president but the 53 million people that voted for him, do! Sorry your candidate lost, but get the f*ck over it! You seem to think that our government is the most evil and vile thing on earth, why don't you run for office and change it then! But I would rather live under this government than 99% of the governments on this planet, and I think you should be a little more grateful that you were born here and not in Iran.
    I already apologized for bringing him into this discussion...so you get the F*ck over it!

I AM grateful for living here...but that doesn't mean I have to support one party or the other...don't equate my dislike for the current Administration for my feelings about this country...if anything, I think that we have the greatest system in the world...I just feel like it is being misused and abused, not that it is bad. I am no less of an American than you and I am tired of being painted as such by self-righteous pompous Republican supporters like you...I am an Independent voter and your party needs to remember that when they come calling for my vote...I voted for Reagan both times, so don't try to paint me as a Democrat...I vote for what I think the country needs at the moment, not like some brainwashed voter who just punches the buttons that their chosen party says to...BOTH parties put up BAD candidates and just because they win it doesn't make them the better candidate, just the one who conned the most people. The country is leaning way too much to the right at the present...and that is a bad thing in my opinion. I only want to see an administration that is properly checked and balanced...and that is not happening right now. The blatant arrogance displayed by the leaders in Congress is a prime example of a total disregard for what the best solutions for this country could be...kind of a "my way or the highway" attitude that is counterproductive. What ever happened to "I'm a uniter not a divider"...Bush has done nothing to show me that he is a uniter...especially now that he has a Republican Congress to rubber stamp his ideas.

Just my $2.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Ultra that is what the story tries to make it sound like! They have to transport them in some manner and that is not showing disrespect, the soldiers remains have to be returned home somehow and unless you want a military transport C-131 or so forth to take each of them to a town individually they have to move them somehow. How is this showing them disrespect? They are transporting them on a plane the same as if it was a military plan like a C-131. And the ones that arrive in the twincities are met by a military honor guard. This story is written to make it sound like they are mistreating these soldiers remains, and that is not the case. This was strictly done to enflame people with miss information! Do you think that they drop them from a cover belt on top of luggage and leave them any way the coffin falls? They are brought aboard an AIRPLANE and secured for the flight. How is this disrespecting them in anyway?
    I hear what you are saying here.

I made a request that if I was killed in combat the they have to put my casket in the bomb bay of a B1 Stealth Bomber and parachute me my awaiting grave in Arlington National Cemetary.

Hopefully it would not be too windy so I did not get hung up in the trees. :lol:

(just trying to lighten the mood here)

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

This is a horrible act. Cajun you are a lame excuse, everything in this country doesn't happen because of the president. I am sure if he knew that these brave young soldiers were being treated this way he would have changed it by now. I am soooo glad Bush got in this white house just to have you pissed off for four years that is sooo sweet. I know if Kerry got in I would not be ball sucking all day long about the woes of this country and pinning my life's problems on him for four years! Here is to '08 so you can whine until 2012!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

SamDawg84 Guest

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Word up DC!! Totally agree
    for once in like a while i agree

Del Rio Guest

Clean it up guys.

The issue initially brought to light is sensitive. It is a subject that should be handled pretty delicately. There are lots of smart people on this site, lots of people that bring ideas and angles to a discussion that can really make it dynamic in a good way.

I was gonna lock this but I am a bit trigger shy being a newb. I would just suggest trying to keep the politics out of it.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I will.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123