Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: A sad day in NBA History

Bennett just said that the banners would stay in Seattle, but they would make replicas of the banners and trophys and take them to OKC.. He said that if Seattle gets a new team he will share their history with them..

As for expansion, i dont think its an option.. Stern wants to get into Asia and Europe someway.. Expanding inside North America i dont think is an option right now..

And i really dont want to do to other fans what Bennett just have done to us..

Bennett really helped out Stern in the past, he wanted to grant Bennett wish about NBA in Oklahoma City, however an expansion team for OKC would have been the right solution..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

aceclown is offline Coach

"skum" wrote:
    Bennett just said that the banners would stay in Seattle, but they would make replicas of the banners and trophys and take them to OKC.. He said that if Seattle gets a new team he will share their history with them..

As for expansion, i dont think its an option.. Stern wants to get into Asia and Europe someway.. Expanding inside North America i dont think is an option right now..

And i really dont want to do to other fans what Bennett just have done to us..

Bennett really helped out Stern in the past, he wanted to grant Bennett wish about NBA in Oklahoma City, however an expansion team for OKC would have been the right solution..
    Trust me, if Seattle gets the arena situation resolved, there is no way Asia or Europe would get a franchise over Seattle.
    Look at the bright side, it can't get any worse than it is right now.
    Time for the city to move forward and try to attract a franchise to get the Sonics back.
    The NBA isn't the same without them.

Chuch.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

When I was a teenager
    :'( ,I was a huge NBA fan I remember clearly
    the 80´s Supersonics with Xavier McDaniel (a beast),Dale Ellis and Most of all Tom Chambers ,I really liked Ellis and his 3 pointers.It is a pity the Sonics are gone ,I have always had sympathy for them....
    El underdog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12