Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

A sad day in NBA History

My Seattle Supersonics are moving to Oklahoma City..

While i not feel as much for the Supersonics as i do for the Vikings, i still love them enough to have a very strange feeling of disgust inside me right now..

Seattle is the first championship winning franchise to win an NBA title to move since 1955.

Sonics fans have supported the Sonics for 41 years.

Gary Paytons jersey will not be retired in Seattle, proberly nor anywhere..

Way to go NBA, youre dead to me right now and watch out T-Wolves fans, you could be next.. and dont bother trying to stop the NBA, because they dont care..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: A sad day in NBA History

Looks like this has been in the works for a while, eh Skum? It's really too bad - Seattle is going to miss them. Why do you think they're moving? Couldn't sell out games?

I agree about the NBA not caring - otherwise Kevin McHale would have been gone a long time ago. And Garnett would still be a Timberwolf.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Blog Entries

Howard Schultz, the starbucks CEO made a huge mistake in selling the team to local OKC businessmen.

Local OKC Business men said that they wanted a $500 million public funded Arena in order to stay in Seattle, Seattle has just public funded a new baseball stadium and a new football stadium.. They rejected.. They said a KeyArena remodel woudnt work..

Local OKC Business men said that they where going to leave with 2 years left on the lease, the city sued the Sonics owners, because a deal is a deal.. it all ended in a seattlement, the city of Seattle sold the team for 45 million dollars..

Sickening

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries

oh and then it helps that your gay-boyfriend is David Stern

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

It would be gut wrenching for a favorite team to leave.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

aceclown is offline Coach

I feel for ya man.
    Trust me, this is exactly the reason why we spend so much time debating a new Vikings stadium.

The one positive to take away from this as a Sonics fan, is that the Oklahoma City franchise will carry a different name- much like the Baltimore Ravens did following their move from Cleveland.

Hopefully Seattle can arrange to renovate the Key again to make it a viable profitable arena or build a new one altogether.
    Because if and when NBA basketball does return to Seattle, you can count on the team being called the Super Sonics (much like the return of the Browns).
    I honestly believe NBA basketball will return to Seattle sometime relatively soon.

Chuch.

Blog Entries

"aceclown" wrote:
    I feel for ya man.
    Trust me, this is exactly the reason why we spend so much time debating a new Vikings stadium.

The one positive to take away from this as a Sonics fan, is that the Oklahoma City franchise will carry a different name- much like the Baltimore Ravens did following their move from Cleveland.

Hopefully Seattle can arrange to renovate the Key again to make it a viable profitable arena or build a new one altogether.
    Because if and when NBA basketball does return to Seattle, you can count on the team being called the Super Sonics (much like the return of the Browns).
    I honestly believe NBA basketball will return to Seattle sometime relatively soon.
    Lets hope so... Never has the Browns been discussed more than it is in Seattle right now..

Funny thing is that before KeyArena was not a viable arena to carry a NBA team, even with a renovation it would not be possible.. Now that the team is gone.. both Bennett and NBA say that KeyArena can work.. It is so sickening..

Also.. Bennett is trying to claim our history, he wants to bring the championship banner and the trophies to the Ford Center.. this is almost pissing me off more than the fact they are leaving.. Bennett said he sees those as assets to his new team.. say WHAT?.. theif..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"skum" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    I feel for ya man.

Lets hope so... Never has the Browns been discussed more than it is in Seattle right now..

Funny thing is that before KeyArena was not a viable arena to carry a NBA team, even with a renovation it would not be possible.. Now that the team is gone.. both Bennett and NBA say that KeyArena can work.. It is so sickening..

Also.. Bennett is trying to claim our history, he wants to bring the championship banner and the trophies to the Ford Center.. this is almost pissing me off more than the fact they are leaving.. Bennett said he sees those as assets to his new team.. say WHAT?.. theif..
    Wow..
    I feel for ya.
    That is absurd!

I pray Seattle gets a new NBA team named the Super Sonics (even though I hated them back in the day for continuosly knocking the T-Wolves out of the playoffs)..
    and they SMOKE the Oklahoma City team..
    forever.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

aceclown is offline Coach

"skum" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    I feel for ya man.

To take the banners to OKC would negate any statement made that the name and history of the Sonics would remain in Seattle.

And as for Key Arena, even after the renovation in the mid 90's the capacity is still only roughly 17,500 with a below average number of suites.
    I honestly think that they should implode the place and rebuild the arena on the same plot of land that the Key current stands on, as the roof seems to inhibit any significant improvement.

Keep your head up, one way or another basketball will return.

Chuch.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I think Oklahoma City deserves a team and am glad to see that have a franchise, but it is sad that the Seattle fans have been stripped of their team.
    Who knows, this may be a blessing in disguise for the future Sonics as they will get to start fresh with no players under contract taking up cap space and likely get a top pick.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast