Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Ryder Cup 2006

Commiserations to the US, things just went for us over the three days. Just wish Month could transfer his Ryder Cup success to the Majors - still thats the way it falls.
    Would love to have seen Darren Clarke get the winning point to ice a great weekends golf for him. Credit to the guy for performing the way he has after his recent tragedy.
    I see the BBC site now reckons that Clarke is odds on favourite to win the Sports Personality of the Year.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I was surprised just how easily the Europeans won it, I honestly thought at some point on Sunday the Americans could get some sort of momentum going and at least make it close. However at no point in the whole match-up did the end result look in doubt.

Both teams played some great golf, at times on Sunday every putt or pitch seemed to end up in the hole, with both teams also managing holes in one over the weekend. America's captain Tom Lehman want up in my estimation after his antics in Brookline, with all the matches being played in the right spirit. The crowd generated a great atmosphere through out and the whole tournament was a great advert for the sport.

The only question that remains is with all the talent the Europeans have shown, why are they unable to win any major events? Hopefully that is a situation that will change sometime soon.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Easy win for the Europeans, and the Captain of the European team in 2008 is going to be Nick Faldo..

The man who has won more points in the Ryder Cup than ANYONE.

EVER.

Not a bad thing when you're leading the team.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

I thought that the Ryder Cup went well. We lost but there is no reason to be down on Team USA. The European players were hitting some fantastic shots and we didn't. I am still proud of Team USA.

The only thing that I hated was the media making it out to be Tiger's team, when it was a whole collection of America's finest golfers that was on display.

Good job, Team USA. I am still proud of you guys.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I thought that the Ryder Cup went well. We lost but there is no reason to be down on Team USA. The European players were hitting some fantastic shots and we didn't. I am still proud of Team USA.

The only thing that I hated was the media making it out to be Tiger's team, when it was a whole collection of America's finest golfers that was on display.

Good job, Team USA. I am still proud of you guys.
    I'm glad to see some americans in this thread.

I'm also glad you stand by your team. I hope in two years it'll be a much more even match that comes down to the very end.

With a European win...
    ;D

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123