Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    Here is the link, http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3368384

    What I want to know is, what's the real reason he's resigning? O.K. he has some health issues but, all of the sudden it's a concern. He gets "flu-like symptoms" yesterday and while he didn't feel well, he decided to quit. I don't buy it. The story also mentioned how Tomjanovich wasn't happy with the team's performance and how that could have played a part in his decision. Maybe the lack of performance could be his fault and not the team's. I really want to see his comments if indeed he quits and I hope he has a real good reason why he's doing it.

    The way I would interpret the article is, Rudy didn't realize that he was brought in not to maintain a championship calibur team, but to try build a quality team with a new line-up. Now that the pressure is starting to mount up and the press is focused on the Lakers lack of progress, Rudy wants out. What a chicken-s***. All I know is he better get his a** out of L.A. and quick, cause when this becomes official he's not going to want to run into any Laker fans.

  2. #2
    JTSnow's Avatar
    JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    326

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    i know it was a bad move for the lakers getting rid of jaskson
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

  3. #3
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    Phil Jackson: North Dakotan! Do you think he is a Vikes fan?

  4. #4
    JTSnow's Avatar
    JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    326

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Phil Jackson: North Dakotan! Do you think he is a Vikes fan?
    ????????????????
    I hope he is
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

  5. #5
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    The "Guru!" He has to be a Vikings fan.

  6. #6
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    "JTSnow" wrote:
    i know it was a bad move for the lakers getting rid of jaskson


    I don't think it was as easy as keep Phil or don't. Kobe and Phil didn't mesh, and when phil said that they either get rid of kobe or get rid of him, then they knew he had to go. One interesting thing to note, is that buchart of ESPN, the guy who broke this story, said that Phil is a possibility to take over again. I very highly doubt that will happen, and it doesn't make much sense when him and kobe didn't get along, but he said that phil was asked about it and Phil said that he liked the talent on the lakers team and was interested. What???? Even though it is not likely he will coach in LA again, he would go there, before he would go to the crappy knicks team, which has been reported lately.

    If I were a betting man, mark my words here guys, I would bet the del harris takes over for rudy to finish the season, and then they look at who is out there during the offseason.

  7. #7
    JTSnow's Avatar
    JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    326

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "JTSnow" wrote:
    i know it was a bad move for the lakers getting rid of jaskson


    I don't think it was as easy as keep Phil or don't. Kobe and Phil didn't mesh, and when phil said that they either get rid of kobe or get rid of him, then they knew he had to go. One interesting thing to note, is that buchart of ESPN, the guy who broke this story, said that Phil is a possibility to take over again. I very highly doubt that will happen, and it doesn't make much sense when him and kobe didn't get along, but he said that phil was asked about it and Phil said that he liked the talent on the lakers team and was interested. What???? Even though it is not likely he will coach in LA again, he would go there, before he would go to the crappy knicks team, which has been reported lately.

    If I were a betting man, mark my words here guys, I would bet the del harris takes over for rudy to finish the season, and then they look at who is out there during the offseason.
    i would have traded kobi instead of getting rid of phil, kobi is a ball hog and he only care about himself.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

  8. #8
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    "JTSnow" wrote:
    i would have traded kobi instead of getting rid of phil, kobi is a ball hog and he only care about himself.
    Although I don't like the way it went down, the GM had no choice, and I agree with that choice. There was tension between Phil and Kobe nevermind Shaq, Phil's health was a big concern, Kobe wanted it to be his team. If they had kept Phil Jackson then Kobe would be a Clipper right now, the team probably in second behind the Suns, and the Lakers would still be left with a mediocre team and questions as to when Jackson will retire.

    I think the idea of Phil returning to Lakers is great, at least for the short term. Maybe a little time away made Phil realize that he'd like another shot with Kobe and L.A. Maybe that same time away made Kobe realize that he doesn't know it all and he needs Jackson more than he thought.

    As a fan all I can do is wait and hope that they continue to build a strong team around Kobe. Here's to to the Purple and Gold. ccasion5:

  9. #9
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    "JTSnow" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "JTSnow" wrote:
    i know it was a bad move for the lakers getting rid of jaskson


    I don't think it was as easy as keep Phil or don't. Kobe and Phil didn't mesh, and when phil said that they either get rid of kobe or get rid of him, then they knew he had to go. One interesting thing to note, is that buchart of ESPN, the guy who broke this story, said that Phil is a possibility to take over again. I very highly doubt that will happen, and it doesn't make much sense when him and kobe didn't get along, but he said that phil was asked about it and Phil said that he liked the talent on the lakers team and was interested. What???? Even though it is not likely he will coach in LA again, he would go there, before he would go to the crappy knicks team, which has been reported lately.

    If I were a betting man, mark my words here guys, I would bet the del harris takes over for rudy to finish the season, and then they look at who is out there during the offseason.
    i would have traded kobi instead of getting rid of phil, kobi is a ball hog and he only care about himself.


    1st off, you can't trade Kobe when he is a FA. 2nd, keeping a coach instead of one of the best players in the league, is the stupidest move you could possibly make in the NBA. Especially when that coach couldn't win you a championship the last 2 years with 2 of the 3 or 4 best players in the league on his team.

    Kobe is a ball hog, yet he was like 5th or 6th in the league in assists before he got hurt. Everyone told me that Kobe's was gonna shoot 40 times a game now that shaq is gone, but check the stats. He doesn't shoot anymore than he did with shaq on the team. Say kobe doesn't make his teammates better, then check out chris mihms career stats before and after he played with Kobe. Check chucky atkins stats before and after he played with Kobe.

    Fact is Kobe is one of the best players in the NBA and the Lakers had to keep him and build for the future around him. They didn't make the moves to win this year, but to win in the future.

  10. #10
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Rudy T resigns from the Lakers.

    During the Lakers pre-game on Fox Sports they released a statement which said that Rudy T is "considering" resigning due to health problems, however no official announcement is expected yet. Two things, either the health reason is an excuse and Rudy just can't hack it or his "flu-like" symptoms are just a cover for a more serious health problem.

    It's probably best that there is no announcement tonight given the Lakers are currently playing against Portland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Grizzlies fail to make deal with Rudy Gay
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 08:42 AM
  2. Zygmunt Resigns
    By V-Unit in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 01:33 PM
  3. Childress resigns!!!
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 04:00 PM
  4. Casserly resigns as Texans' GM
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 08:37 AM
  5. Lakers win!
    By iowaviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 02:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •