Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Romantic ideas

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Romantic ideas

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Club her over the head, drag her to your cave and have your way with her all night long! :evil4:
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Variation for Pologirl's birthday: Club Darren Sharper over the head, bring him over to Polo's house, plant him in her bed...and when she gets home, let her have her way with him! :lol:
    Hey! Sharper's mine :twisted:
    DC gets Winfield!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Club her over the head, drag her to your cave and have your way with her all night long! :evil4:
    Variation for Pologirl's birthday: Club Darren Sharper over the head, bring him over to Polo's house, plant him in her bed...and when she gets home, let her have her way with him! :lol:
    DC gets Winfield!
    You may have to fight her for that!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    DC gets Winfield!
    You may have to fight her for that!!! :lol:
    No need for violence, we can have a verbal agreement, so DC you get Winfield ok?! :wink: :lol:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If she has her passport, buy a ticket to Paris. I have been wanting to do this for some time. Just haven't found the time that we are both available to go.

I want it to be a total surprise.

Lots of Whoopie(gong show/newly wed show lingo) on vacation.

It is amazing how we associate romance with getting laid.

A nice bottle of wine with a special dinner that you cooked is great.

Not a lot of originality, but these usually work.

Basically anything where you take some time to plan will be a romantic time. Unless it totally goes wrong.

Potus had some good ideas, bring out some sentimental items that remind her of a good time had elsewhere, hopefully with you....

I have taken my wife to the restaurant that we went to the night we got engaged a few times. Or back to the restaurant that we first went to on the first date. These are always special. The trick is not to use them to often so they keep their specialness.

I will have to think of some original ones so I can implement them myself. Let me give it a try and I will get back.

gpless05 is offline Starter

tell her to act her age not her shoe size!
    [img]http//i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/SkolPepper11/thefraycopy.jpg[/img]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Why is it always the guy who has to plan a romantic evening with his wife/GF, especially on their anniversary?

What happened to equal rights, 50/50 & all that.

When it was Mothers Day, my ex always expected a gift from me.

When it was Fathers Day, I'd hear "You're not my father".

Anyways, take her away for a weekend, just the two of you to a nice hotel. It doesn't have to be some exciting city. It's just for the two of you to get away for a while.

Take her to a nice quite restaurant & have a nice dinner.

Go for a walk on a beach, take a carriage ride or take a limo for your night out.

Make her a nice candlelit 3 course dinner that you prepared & whip out the nice China.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    If she has her passport, buy a ticket to Paris. I have been wanting to do this for some time. Just haven't found the time that we are both available to go.

Basically anything where you take some time to plan will be a romantic time. Unless it totally goes wrong.

Potus had some good ideas, bring out some sentimental items that remind her of a good time had elsewhere, hopefully with you....

I have taken my wife to the restaurant that we went to the night we got engaged a few times. Or back to the restaurant that we first went to on the first date. These are always special. The trick is not to use them to often so they keep their specialness.

I will have to think of some original ones so I can implement them myself. Let me give it a try and I will get back.
    Haha, I'm too poor to travel to Europe.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Haha, I'm too poor to travel to Europe.
    That makes it a bigger gesture.

I get what you are saying. My wife and I love to travel, we prioritize for it.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

well, the best outside the box idea I have ever had in the romance department was a gift i made for my first anniversary.

If you follow the wedding gift rules, then you will note that paper is the material of choice for the first anniversary gift. I gave my wife our very own love currency.

I am a collector of money -- coins and paper bills -- from other countries. I scanned in some choice bills and altered them in photoshop. In most cases, I removed the head of state pictures and replaced them with pictures relevant to my wife and me. I altered the text on the bills to read messages that are significant to our relationship. I also made the bills specific to an romantic activity so that they are worth 20 minutes of this, 10 things of that, etc. Use your imagination so that I can respect the pg-13 rating of the site. My wife and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary in a week and we still exchange this currency, so I'd call this a successful romantic gift.

So if you're not keen on all the labor that goes into making your own love currency, there are some general suggestions to finding a romantic gift that's right for you:

1) Take the time to be thoughtful, you'll make a good decision

2) gifts that you make, rather than buy or that are ready-made, speak volumes about your dedication and are very memorable in the long run

3) gifts that focus on your relationship and that communicate your wishes for the future of that relationship usually inspire feelings of romance

4) bottom line, make it personal, not generic and your intentions should be well received

I have to agree with snowinapril that travel can help foster the mood for romantic encounters, but you don't have to drop a load of cash to capture that mood. You could do something as simple as getting an attractive photo of a far away location that you'd like to visit with your significant other. Write a story or tell her why you want to visit that place *with* her, what you'd like to do *with* her when you'd visit said location.

If you're apprehensive about a gift that depends on the imagination, you could always buy some jewelry from the place in the photo to supplement. In this way, the exotic pair of earrings you bought her would remind her of how you want to take a trip with her someday to a beach in Kerala or tour the Pyrenees.

and that's my $.03, adjusted for inflation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234