Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Rolling Stones Halftime Show

Since the Janet nip-poppin' the NFL hasnt allowed MTV too do the halftimeshows anymore, which sucks - cause allthough i dont mind listening to the stones and mccartney and so, they dont put up a show and its really boring to see.. I still remember the Aerosmith halftime show, with alot of other stars, that was really good imo.. and was a real show..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I actually went on the computer at halftime. I hate the Stones, and did not want to watch them at the SB. I will also agree that the only thing worse than the Stones was the officiating.

The sad part about that is that the NFL has actually came out and said that the SB was a very well officiated game. They had a list of all the questionable penalties and everyone went against the Seahawks. Now I am not a Hawks fan, but when you are a football fan in general, and a team gets screwed out of the biggest game in their careers, that is a joke.

The head NFL guys can say that it was a fair officiated game but anyone who is not a Steelers fan, or a casual fan rooting for the Steelers can clearly see that it was a piss poor officiated game from the start.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The halftime show was weak sauce. I hated it, i'm not a Stones fan (dont hate me) but I didnt grow up with thier music....so im not gonna lie and say, OH YA I LOVE SOME STONES! So I just sat thier staring like....please end.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I like the Rolling Stones but that performance was pretty lousy and I think it's about time to hang it up for them. I bet it's tough though they've doing it so long that they must love it and it's hard to let go of something you love.

Thanks Josdin

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Jagger was doing all he could to put on a good show. The rest of the stones were just unmotivated and uninspired. They played like they didn't want to be there. They played like they were, well dead.

Halftime shows are just going to keep on getting worse and worse. A change is needed.

My proposal is to have a "band championship" during the playoffs. Get four different bands to play during halftime for each divisional playoff game. Then afterwards the fans vote and the two top vote getters play in the conference championship games. After the polls are run again, the winning band gets to play during Super Bowl Halftime.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Gift is offline Coordinator

"V-Unit" wrote:
    My proposal is to have a "band championship" during the playoffs. Get four different bands to play during halftime for each divisional playoff game. Then afterwards the fans vote and the two top vote getters play in the conference championship games. After the polls are run again, the winning band gets to play during Super Bowl Halftime.
    Not a bad idea V

and yeah, the halftime show was a joke, proves that even with all the money the nfl has they still can't polish a turd.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    :headbang:

The NFL should have stayed with the Original plan and used the music of Detroit & MI instead. Kid Rock, Eminem
    Well they wanted too, but it was determined that Kid Rock and Eminem really isn't music in the pure sense of the word "Music"

Also they found out that the entire musical scores for Eminem were written by deaf, dyslexic, mongoloid chimps from a traveling circus.

And in Rap and Hip Hop that is considered using a "professional" writer.
    Apparently a big no no.
    Okay, I don't care if you go after Eminem, but leave Kid Rock out of this. He would've put on a great show.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"josdin00" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

The NFL should have stayed with the Original plan and used the music of Detroit & MI instead. Kid Rock, Eminem
    Well they wanted too, but it was determined that Kid Rock and Eminem really isn't music in the pure sense of the word "Music"

Also they found out that the entire musical scores for Eminem were written by deaf, dyslexic, mongoloid chimps from a traveling circus.

Apparently a big no no.
    Okay, I don't care if you go after Eminem, but leave Kid Rock out of this. He would've put on a great show.
    you got that right
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Why does there have to be a band at all at halftime? How about something related to sports.

Punt, pass and kick finals? Gladiators? Lingerie bowl?
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Gift" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

Apparently a big no no.
    you got that right
    I am 39 years old and have absolutely no use for rap / hip hop, but there are about 3 or 4 Eminem songs I like. Throw in Kid Rock and Bob Seger - now you've got a great cross generational half-time show!

:thumbright:

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast