Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roenick...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Roenick...

can kiss my MF AZZ...F*** him...jealous...of what...that he is an a$$hole...puhleeze...he ain't gettin' any more of MY money (via ticket sales, merchandise, etc.)...the NHL can rot in he!! for all I care...those ingrates get to do what they love and make a ton of money doing it...and they barely give sh*t back to the fans...stay away, Roenick...WE don't need YOU either!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3721780
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Roenick...

Ya know, Cajun, I read the article and watched the clip...and I don't get that from Roenick. In fact, I agreed with most of what he said. I think his lash out was directed at the people who wrote the Players off as spoiled without bothering to really dig into what was going on.

Personally, I blame Gary Bettman (The Commissioner of the NHL for those non-Hockey fans out there). He took a product that was on the rise (Hockey), and in 12 years managed to kill it.

Does Hockey need a salary cap? Yep.
    Were the Players over paid? Yep.
    Were the Owners being screwed? Yep.

But where was Bettman FOUR YEARS AGO when the last CBA came up for negotiation??? He was telling the NHLPA, "Oh, we'll just extend this one."

BETTMAN created the problems. BETTMAN keeps trying to change the game to appeal to little old ladies in retirement homes. BETTMAN didn't make the right changes when they needed to be made, then whined about it for over TWO YEARS.

Not that Bob Gudenow is any better (Head of the NHLPA). He needs to be severly beaten as well.

For non-Hockey fans out there, imagine Red *chokes on camel dongs* McCombs being cloned twice, and you get an idea of the quality of leadership in the NHL and NHLPA.

So, do I blame Roenick for being ticked? Nope. It wasn't the players or the owners creating the problems...it was the idiots in charge of both.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

I heard the entire clip. He starts off good until he decides to tell us all how he really feels.

Hey if the shoe fits, he made himself look spoiled. Fact is fans have the right to be fans regardless of what they say. The sport was weak as it was he should be kissing fans assess to get them back in the seats.

Am I supposed to be impressed that this ordeal has cost you 7 million dollars? Money that I in essence paid to you by simply being a fan?

He is a dumbass, the things he said were even more ignorant then the target audience he went schitzo on.

He has an interview tonight with Dan Patrick he requested it be live so he isn't taken out of context. Sorry to tell you bud, but you weren't taken out of context. They captured your piss fest on camera it's your own damn fault.

He may not be to blame for throwing a rich kid temper tantrum, but he is to blame for his misguided delivery. The fans are in no way to blame for this BS.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"Caine" wrote:
    Ya know, Cajun, I read the article and watched the clip...and I don't get that from Roenick. In fact, I agreed with most of what he said. I think his lash out was directed at the people who wrote the Players off as spoiled without bothering to really dig into what was going on.

Personally, I blame Gary Bettman (The Commissioner of the NHL for those non-Hockey fans out there). He took a product that was on the rise (Hockey), and in 12 years managed to kill it.

But where was Bettman FOUR YEARS AGO when the last CBA came up for negotiation??? He was telling the NHLPA, "Oh, we'll just extend this one."

BETTMAN created the problems. BETTMAN keeps trying to change the game to appeal to little old ladies in retirement homes. BETTMAN didn't make the right changes when they needed to be made, then whined about it for over TWO YEARS.

Not that Bob Gudenow is any better (Head of the NHLPA). He needs to be severly beaten as well.

For non-Hockey fans out there, imagine Red *chokes on camel dongs* McCombs being cloned twice, and you get an idea of the quality of leadership in the NHL and NHLPA.

So, do I blame Roenick for being ticked? Nope. It wasn't the players or the owners creating the problems...it was the idiots in charge of both.

Caine
    The biggest way Bettman destroyed the NHL is with all the expansion to crappy markets. I mean, who wants to watch hockey in the middle of the desert in Arizona? But they need a team more than Winnipeg? And how does Florida get 2 teams??? The Minnesota Wild were a very good move because there is actually a market for hockey in Minnesota, unlike al these places down south.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I love watching hockey but Roenick should be ticked off at the NHLPA and Gary Bettman for screwing up the negotiations and not salvaging the season. He should not be mad at the fans but he should be begging for our forgiveness and plead with all to come back. The sad part is this lockout probably cost us getting to see some of the great Vets from playing again with players like Chelios, Forsberg, Hull, Yzerman and others that probably won't come back and at a time like this the NHL needs their star power to bring back the fans that they lost.

I do not care what anyone says Playoff hockey is the greatest thing to watch. Remember the series with Detroit and Colorado had in about 1999 and how great that series was. And now the NHL doesn't even have a TV deal anymore thanks to there boneheaded lockout.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

MNVikingGangsta Guest

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    I love watching hockey but Roenick should be ticked off at the NHLPA and Gary Bettman for screwing up the negotiations and not salvaging the season. He should not be mad at the fans but he should be begging for our forgiveness and plead with all to come back. The sad part is this lockout probably cost us getting to see some of the great Vets from playing again with players like Chelios, Forsberg, Hull, Yzerman and others that probably won't come back and at a time like this the NHL needs their star power to bring back the fans that they lost.

I do not care what anyone says Playoff hockey is the greatest thing to watch. Remember the series with Detroit and Colorado had in about 1999 and how great that series was. And now the NHL doesn't even have a TV deal anymore thanks to there boneheaded lockout.
    those serious were so awesome. roy and vernon? meetting at center ice to throw down. better than a boxing match. i remember as soon as the puck would drop so would their gloves.
    i totall agree with ya that playoff hockey is better than anything else.
    hopefully out of all this hockey will be better for it, no two line passing, less hooking and stuff to make the game more exciting and fast paced. if they take fighting out of hockey i will be pissed off tho. i always here analysts saying how fighting is bad for the sport but they are so wrong. fighting is apart of hockey wheather they like it or not

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I think the stupidest rule change they are considering is those retarded big nets. Making the nets bigger would just be avoiding the problem. If the problem is that the game is boring, making the nets bigger won't help. So what, instead of having boring 2-1 games, now you'll have boring 8-6 games. I just don't get it. The style of play won't change at all, a bunch of teams will still play the trap, and there will still be tons of hooking and stickwork behind the play. And that's really the problem.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    He still shouldn't dis the fans...I agree that Buttman (not a typo) and the powers that be dropped the ball (or puck, as the case may be)...BUT the fans ultimately create the market that pays Roenick's salary...and I don't think that he should gripe about us voicing our displeasure...he needs to rip on the owners and Buttman, NOT US. Heck, give me that kind of money and the fans can throw rotten tomatoes at me all day if they want to!

Excerpted from article:
    Flyers center Jeremy Roenick ripped into fans who have been critical of the NHL Players' Association throughout the current NHL lockout.
    "If people are going to sit and chastise pro athletes for being cocky, they need to look at one thing and that's the deal we're going to be signing in about three weeks,' Roenick said. "Pro athletes are not cocky. Pro athletes care about the game. Everybody out there who calls us spoiled because we play a game, they can kiss my a--.

"I will say personally, to everybody who calls us spoiled, you guys are just jealous. We're trying to get this thing back on the ice and make it better for the fans. If you don't realize that, then don't come. We don't want you in the rink, we don't want you in the stadium, we don't want you to watch hockey.'

He WAS ripping unhappy fans...and I don't think he has that right...he can rip on the sportswriters all he wants for the negative press that the players got, but the sportswriters don't pay to get in, and therefore don't pay his salary. WE are ultimately the boss...and we vote with our dollars...so if he wants to create a larger pool of dollars for the players and the owners to share, he needs to start kissing up to the fans, because that is who is funding the realization of his dreams.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    I think the stupidest rule change they are considering is those retarded big nets. Making the nets bigger would just be avoiding the problem. If the problem is that the game is boring, making the nets bigger won't help. So what, instead of having boring 2-1 games, now you'll have boring 8-6 games. I just don't get it. The style of play won't change at all, a bunch of teams will still play the trap, and there will still be tons of hooking and stickwork behind the play. And that's really the problem.
    They have to face the fact that goaltending has gotten better and making the nets bigger is a stupid idea. Like you said they need to make certain defenses illegal to fix the problem, but I myself like to watch a 2-1 grind it out hockey game because I think it is the way hockey is played. JMO but I am a die-hard hockey fan (college especially) and they should make the Pro game more like college if they want to change the rules.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Was he ripping FANS...or was he ripping the Media?

I wish I could ask him. He never says "Fans", he says "People". And the only people he'd really have occassion to hear from are the Media.

Makes me wonder.

Caine

PS: Bettman is a tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast