Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Re: Rita heads for 6-KINGS

Im in Kingwood(about 30 mins Northeast of Houston) and my school has been canceled for tomorrow and Friday. Im really not sure if im leaving I doubt it unless my car is in possibility to flood.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"fred3105" wrote:
    Im in Kingwood(about 30 mins Northeast of Houston) and my school has been canceled for tomorrow and Friday. Im really not sure if im leaving I doubt it unless my car is in possibility to flood.

Just head out man, if you have the ability and funds to make a road trip out of it ... the earlier the better. Grab a couple friends and hit the road where ever it takes you ..... Better to be safe then sorry .... trust me, you might be pissed you left and nothing happened. But heck, school is closed anyway, take advantage of it.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If you are in its path get out. Its not worth taking a chance. Think of it as a mini vacation. :smile:

WWBGD

6-KINGS Guest

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Looks like Hurricane Rita is headed straight towards me.
    It should be in my town Sat night through Sunday Morning.
    Sustained winds of 55-73 MPH Gust of 90 MPH possible.
    Ain't that great?

hope this link works

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005/RITA_graphics.shtml

6-KINGS :cry:

If those are the actual estimates of when it will hit you (55-73mph and gust 90mph) .... that's a baby.

But it doesn't sound like those are accurate as we are all hearing Cat. 4 and now poss. Cat. 5 !! Get out though, I'm a little jaded over here ... last year during Charlie we boarded up our entire place, packed everything up ... it took us 2 full days and hundreds of $$ just to get prepaired as Tampa was to get slammed directly on. Filled tons of sandbags, etc .... Then, nothing. And the other 2 hurricanes (Frances and forget the other one, we did nothing for) as by the time they reached us they were Cat. 1 or 2 and just babies.

Again, don't take anything for granted and get that plywood, water, and sandbags early .....
    Ok this is very new to me.
    Based on what they are saying do I need to board up my windows if it is a cat 2 by the time it hits me?

6-KINGS Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Thanks guys.
    But I worry more about other PPO members that live in Houston.
    If you members read this, you are welcome to stay with me and my family. I live farther north and it should be somewhat better.
    Do not hesitate, sure it will be cramped but we will manage.
    Just PM me.

I also have family in Lufkin Tx.
    How about me in Galveston? I think we are going to get the dirty edge.

Where are you at 6-Kings?
    Sorry for the delay, I somehow missed your post.
    Sure come on up
    I live in Benbrook just SW of Fort Worth.
    We have 12 policemen and one police woman.
    So we will be safe!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Never done this before, tried to post an image ... so please bare with me:

[img]

ahh screw it, go here: http://www.drudgereport.com/9.jpg

The spagetti reports show it mostly being around 96 mph when it hits land ... that is getting to be pretty serious ... but again, I don't know where everyone is located. People right on the coast always get the worst of it as the storm always intensifies right before landfall, plus they have to deal with the storm surge of water.

Plus, it's what Wed at 2pm and the models get updated at 5pm, 11pm, 2am, 5am, 11am and again at 2pm EST.... they are "Estimating" landfall right now at 7am on Saturday .... SOOOooooo, much can change before now and then. If you have the time, get supplies, board up the glass on you house (including the garage door opening with the door down on the outside, very important as this is a great cause of damage during hurricanes), and get sandbags ready (depending on which zone you are in for flooding). Then the fun begins, Waiting .... that is literally the worst part ... the anticipation of it all. :grin:

This way, if it hits ... your prepared! If it doesn't, you still have everything ready .... as hurricane season for the Gulf doesn't end till Nov. 30th !!!

6-KINGS Guest

Thanks.

Hey Cajun what is the law concerning the shooting of looters?

Fortunately I'm in a second floor apartment. I'll freely admit to being a total dork when it comes to possible bad weather. I'm going to park my car away from the trees and uphill (a freaky strong ice storm in Raleigh taught me the tree-lesson...a willow tree was frozen to my car, no real damage, but it was a pain to get my car out). I am preparing the emergency kit they suggest (including filling the tub with water so I can flush the toilet). I went to the grocery store yesterday and purchased a little extra bottled water and canned food (I can always donate the extra cans to the food bank). I'm going to buy batteries for my flashlight and radio tonight. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I really hope those of you closer to the shore will leave. I'm almost tempted to take off so I don't have to deal with the worry of no electricy, but I have to finish packing up my apartment so I can leave next Thursday (oh, crap, is that soon...panic attack).

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"southern_yankee" wrote:
    Back to Raleigh, NC. Got a job and a fiance there.
    You gonna hit the Vikings-Panthers game later this year?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Thanks.

Hey Cajun what is the law concerning the shooting of looters?
    Check your PM
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast