Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Tupac

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: RIP Tupac

"Json" wrote:

I think it's sad that americans treat poor people the way they do.
    It's a disgrace to our county and at times it makes me ashamed.
    This was probably just meant to agitate the people, because if you meant it as a true statement you need to get outside our borders once in a while and see the world a little bit.

Nowhere in the world do the "poor" have the opportunities for betterment that they do here.
    And although there are still poor people here (as there are everywhere) at least in this country there are people that try to help the poor and programs that try to help people in those circumstances.

Is there still suffering and poverty, hell yes.
    But to say that it's a disgrace to our county and at times it makes you ashamed seems just a wee bit over dramatized.
    Well you need to just get out and see how the poor fare elsewhere to see disgrace.

Del Rio Guest

"Turboe" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

This was probably just meant to agitate the people, because if you meant it as a true statement you need to get outside our borders once in a while and see the world a little bit.

Nowhere in the world do the "poor" have the opportunities for betterment that they do here.
    And although there are still poor people here (as there are everywhere) at least in this country there are people that try to help the poor and programs that try to help people in those circumstances.

But to say that it's a disgrace to our county and at times it makes you ashamed seems just a wee bit over dramatized.
    Well you need to just get out and see how the poor fare elsewhere to see disgrace.
    I can't speak for him, but I understood his comments to mean more about the justice system and how the rich get special treatment.

A local example would be the kidnapping of Elizibeth Smart who had very wealthy parents and it became a national hunt to bring her back. As opposed to the little girl that came from a white trash family that was in the basement of the next door neighbor dead and the police looked there but had to come back a month later to find her.........

There is a discrepency there.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

You are right about what you say, Turboe...I think that the embarassment comes more from the fact that our country has the resources to make things even BETTER than they already are compared to other countries.
    I'm not talking about giving free money to deadbeats but creating more opportunities for those who are WILLING to work hard...and those people DO still exist here in the US.
    For those who just want a free handout, I say let them starve.
    It's a fine line...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    RIP Pac!
    I find it amazing that they have not found the person who was responsible.
    Just goes to show how America truly is in my opinion.
    I don't see it as a black/white thing as much as I do a poor/rich thing.
    Was 2PAC poor when he was murdered? What did he waste his cash on?
    ?
    He was a millionaire. If he was poor when he was murdered then what did he manage to spend all his millions on?

I mean a "?" is an amazing addition to the conversation and ever so helpful, but posting just a ? is against the rules. So add a bit more next time maybe a ?! would be good.
    I would like to know what he wasted his cash on.
    Drugs, booze, partys, cars, women.....living large pretty much.

As far as the cops never caught who did it........The person behind it is also dead (IMHO).
    Sometimes you have to let the thugs deal with each other.

I got into rap after his death, I bought one of his CD's to check it out.
    By far one of my favorites.
    Even though I don't listen to much rap anymore, I always listen to pac once and a while.

Json is offline GM

Del Rio hit it on the nose again.
    I was defenitly referring to the justice system.
    As for fellow Americans most of us are willing to help and there are great programs here to help the poor not starve to death or freeze to death.
    One question I would ask you PurplePride80 is what about the Hurricane Katrina vicitims?
    You can't tell me that this moment of crisis showed the strength of our government?
    Now I know there where americans that helped and gave there all but it goes back to the justice system, the government officials, the police deptartment, etc.
    These citizens where stuck in hell for days and when some decided to finally leave by walking to another location for help they where told by the police to go back and had guns drawn on them to stop them from leaving and seeking refuge.
    This too me is very confilicting and it does remind me of something I'd hear about in a 3rd world.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

He is not really dead! Well at least the conspiracy theorists think so.(they do have some valid arguments. But did anyone see the Chapelle skit when they were dancing in the club listening to 2Pac. Funny stuff.

It is hard to belive that it was 10 years ago that he was killed. Somewhere there is information out there. and I truely belive that that the police know something but will probably never get solved.

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

I just finished reading several albums worth of Tupac's lyrics.

Um yeah he had some "issue's"

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

"6-KINGS" wrote:

Don't we ALL?

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    I mean...you can read???

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

RIP Tupac, I still love his music ad biggie small's too!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast