Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

A request for you to read

I'm putting this post up that is probably more geared to the UK posters but if anyone else is willing to donate as well then I would be grateful

As some of you know my wife ( Mrs AngloVike ) has been under treatment over the last 3 years for initial kidney cancer - which required an operation - and then subsequently secondary kidney cancer... which was why we did not get to a game last year and are unlikely to do so again this year.

So far the treatment has been working and has been keeping things in check (next scan due next month) and so it has been more life limiting as opposed to terminal . The treatment is harsh on body and mind and late last year, having been signed off work, she was referred to a local hospice to help her cope with the mental and physical side of the treatment at one of their day centres. I always assumed hospices to be associated with end of life situations but that is far from the case. They have been very good and it is easy to see the difference in her that one day a week makes.

As I said it is not terminal for her and things are going well and I would like now to do something to repay what the hospice has done for her and for others there as well.

So I have signed up for a midnight pyjama walk being organised by the hospice to raise funds. If anyone would like to sponsor me for this then I would be happy to accept and any donation is welcome.

The link for this is Peter Philp is fundraising for Thames Hospicecare andmore information about the hospice and their work can be found at Thames Hospicecare | Home

Webby/Mods - Incidentally if it's felt that this isn't appropriate for the site then please go ahead and remove as I won't be offended

Thanks
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

A request for you to read

No, best wishes your way.
    We can help out too from this side of the pond?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    There are gift amounts of 10, 20, 50 & 100 Lira to choose from when donating. What are the equivalents of those amounts in U.S. Dollars? All the conversion charts I see use Pounds for the UK.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    There are gift amounts of 10, 20, 50 & 100 Lira to choose from when donating. What are the equivalents of those amounts in U.S. Dollars? All the conversion charts I see use Pounds for the UK.
    Lira ?? not sure how that comes up - I just checked and it did come up as Pounds - current conversion rate I've seen on this side of the pond gives an approx rate of £1 = $1.50 or $1 =£0.65 if that helps

Thanks guys

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Lira ?? not sure how that comes up - I just checked and it did come up as Pounds - current conversion rate I've seen on this side of the pond gives an approx rate of£ 1 = $1.50 or $1 =£0.65 if that helps

Thanks guys
    Sorry for the confusion, the British pound symbol, which I'm not familiar with, looks very similar to the Italian Lira symbol.

Nevertheless, thanx for the conversion factor. I've made a £20 donation.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, the British pound symbol, which I'm not familiar with, looks very similar to the Italian Lira symbol.

Nevertheless, thanx for the conversion factor. I've made a £20 donation.
    and thank you and that is a lot believe me - much appreciated and as I say any money will be welcomed by them. It all adds up mate

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Hi Anglo, when was/is the walk? Just asking because I know there was a big moonwalk up here in Edinburgh last night. By the way do we get a refund if you don't make it all the way round? Just kidding of course, I'm happy to donate to such a worthy cause. Unfortunately cancer has affected a few members of my family so I know how much help these people and places give.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    Hi Anglo, when was/is the walk? Just asking because I know there was a big moonwalk up here in Edinburgh last night. By the way do we get a refund if you don't make it all the way round? Just kidding of course, I'm happy to donate to such a worthy cause. Unfortunately cancer has affected a few members of my family so I know how much help these people and places give.

Thanks for that, the walk is 30th this month ( Saturday night ) and no need for the refund as I will complete it, even if I have to crawl the last part
    Unfortunately cancer has and will affect many people so appreciate your donation.

I've now got an android phone so will be loading the PPO app on and will look to maybe post some pics up as the walk progresses - assuming it lets me do that lol

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    best of luck to the missus mate, look forward to seeing the pics

Blog Entries
    See if my PPO android app works ok
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kw1.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast