Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Report: Sammy Sosa tested positive in 2003

Sammy Sosa is one of the 104 major league players who tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in 2003, the New York Times reported, citing lawyers who have knowledge of the drug-testing results from that year.

That year was the first in which Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed. There were no penalties for a positive result in 2003.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4264062
    One of those things that's not surprising but you still don't wanna hear it
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Report: Sammy Sosa tested positive in 2003

"Tad7" wrote:
    Sammy Sosa is one of the 104 major league players who tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in 2003, the New York Times reported, citing lawyers who have knowledge of the drug-testing results from that year.

That year was the first in which Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed. There were no penalties for a positive result in 2003.
    The fact that these stories keep coming out is a testament to how screwed up baseball really is. Not even the fact players were using steriods but that confidential information is being released, they were supposed to be secret. If I were Sosa I would sue MLB.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

The fact that these stories keep coming out is a testament to how screwed up baseball really is. Not even the fact players were using steriods but that confidential information is being released, they were supposed to be secret. If I were Sosa I would sue MLB.
    Ultimately nobody to blame but himself though.
    Either he shouldn't' have done it in the first place or he shouldn't' have gotten caught.
    Either way he is a dumbass.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

Either he shouldn't' have done it in the first place or he shouldn't' have gotten caught.
    I don't know if I can call him a dumbass if taking steroids made him millions of dollars.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

What a joke.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Mr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

I don't know if I can call him a dumbass if taking steroids made him millions of dollars.
    There are plenty of dumbass millionaires out there.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

There are plenty of dumbass millionaires out there.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Cork bat

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

lol. Honestly, who cares? As I have said before, and will say again, baseball needs more steroids because all I want to see is some dingers
    We're bringing purple back.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Cork bat, rude, steroids...the complete asshole.
    Slammin' Sammy, I'd love to.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast