Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Relationship problems...

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Just be happy that it is not 5 years. I would say wait it out. Could be anything. She could have lost the phone.
    She could have lost her cell, but rumor has it some people still use landline phones. I have a cell, but it's old and if there could be dust on it because it never rings, there would be.
    What is a landline?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Just be happy that it is not 5 years. I would say wait it out. Could be anything. She could have lost the phone.
    I was on a trip, lost my phone, was in a huge hurry to get from point a to b, didn't have time to call my wife. I tried once, and couldn't find a pay phone.

Anyway, don't let your mind wonder until you get a definite.

Good luck!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    Thanks guys still nothing.
    :-\ Not sure whats worse waiting to hear from her, or thinking she went back to her ex?

Ahh well floop it.....
    It can be nerve racking....Are you over reacting, are you not acting enough....Just always know that you are the victim and she is ~messed up~ up for not being considerate enough to contact you to end it or to say, honey, you're over reacting. I wouldn't even accept the uncle excuse anymore because she could text you and say, hey I'm going thru somethings, I need some time alone. Where is the consideration?

My point exactly, plus she knows she could reach me on facebook if she lost her phone.
    But she hasn't been on that either so who knows. At this point, it's turning from nerve racking to pissed off.

Just don't get it, if she did run back to her ex then fine. Just tell me........
    She sounds busy, no facebook.... no phone... in this day of constant contact, we tend to forget that people can get busy and disconnected from non-reality (web and cell).

She is off the grid until further word.

My suggestion is this.
    You can't control the situation whether the outcome is good or bad.
    There is no reason to sit and dwell on it until you know or have an explanation.
    Find something to do to keep your mind off of it.
    The real issue here is the time and not knowing when you will know.
    It can be a bit stressful, not knowing when you will get an answer.

I suggest an activity to get yourself off the grid, something like a game of golf where you can beat yourself up mentally for a while.
    LOL!
    It is 3 hours of self torture.
    Seriously, find something to keep yourself occupied.

Good luck!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    :-\ Not sure whats worse waiting to hear from her, or thinking she went back to her ex?

Ahh well floop it.....
    It can be nerve racking....Are you over reacting, are you not acting enough....Just always know that you are the victim and she is ~messed up~ up for not being considerate enough to contact you to end it or to say, honey, you're over reacting. I wouldn't even accept the uncle excuse anymore because she could text you and say, hey I'm going thru somethings, I need some time alone. Where is the consideration?

My point exactly, plus she knows she could reach me on facebook if she lost her phone.
    But she hasn't been on that either so who knows. At this point, it's turning from nerve racking to pissed off.

Just don't get it, if she did run back to her ex then fine. Just tell me........
    She sounds busy, no facebook.... no phone... in this day of constant contact, we tend to forget that people can get busy and disconnected from non-reality (web and cell).

My suggestion is this.
    There is no reason to sit and dwell on it until you know or have an explanation.

I suggest an activity to get yourself off the grid, something like a game of golf where you can beat yourself up mentally for a while.
    LOL!

Good luck!
    Very well said SIA - you keep that kind of advise up and I won't have a job around here!!

Definitely just get out and do something to keep busy.
    Whatever happens is TOTALLY out of your control and anything you do is likely to make it worse for you in the long-run....
    Golf, beer, and friends - if you're of age

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:

Ahh well floop it.....

My suggestion is this.

LOL!

Good luck!
    Very well said SIA - you keep that kind of advise up and I won't have a job around here!!

Whatever happens is TOTALLY out of your control and anything you do is likely to make it worse for you in the long-run....
    Definately of age! Man believe it or not this has been helpful!
    Just made plans to go to Columbia and tailgate for the Mizzou game...Then the Vikes on Sunday!

Feeling better already!

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikestand link=topic=53131.msg993449#msg993449 date=1252580451]

Ahh well floop it.....

My suggestion is this.

LOL!

Good luck!

Definately of age! Man believe it or not this has been helpful!
    Just made plans to go to Columbia and tailgate for the Mizzou game...Then the Vikes on Sunday!

Feeling better already!
    [/quote]

Glad some of us could help out.
    Just go worry about keeping yourself happy.
    The girl situation will work itself out and the proper response will present itself when the time comes.... You just have to not worry about it when you can't do anything about it.

To quote Animal House.

My advise, son, is to start drinking heavily (paraphrase)

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I was on a trip, lost my phone, was in a huge hurry to get from point a to b, didn't have time to call my wife. I tried once, and couldn't find a pay phone.

Anyway, don't let your mind wonder until you get a definite.

Good luck!
    Really 4 days? They talk every day! It's possible she is busy but I don't think so man. Don't over react but don't get blindsided either.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I said it before and I'll say it again.....Girls are like buses...miss one, next 15 mins another one coming.
    Keep your mind off her but don't forget to get a new female friend atn the tailgates.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I said it before and I'll say it again.....Girls are like buses...miss one, next 15 mins another one coming.
    Keep your mind off her but don't forget to get a new female friend atn the tailgates.
    Kevon, you're on a roll today.

I agree with you there... she's being irresponsible by not letting him know what's up - but we all deal with family illnesses differently and can't really judge...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Who knows man.
    We always want to attach some meaning to things, but the truth is that we usually don't know what's going on.

It could be bad.
    It could be nothing.

Edit: well I couldn't get the embedding to work, so here's the link.
    edit 2: wtf am i doing?
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast