Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Rejoice, hockey fans!!!

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    This will offend some of my brothers on this site but oh well, what has to be done is coaches like Jacques Lemaire need to be abolished from the game. I have been to two Wild games and watched them plenty on T.V. and they are simply the worst team in NHL to watch. They play the trap clogging up the neutral zone and scoring 1 or 2 goals a game. Minnesotans have been strongly supporting their team since it has been back and now it is time to give them some real hockey. I would love someone on here to give me their viewpoint if they disagree with me, because in my opinion the Wild's style of play is what is killing NHL hockey!!
    Lamaire is an amazing coach... you may not like his style of play with the Wild much, but he's playing to his team's strength. They are NOT the most talented team in the NHL and he plays them in a way to suit their defensive abilities. He got that team deep into the playoffs 2 seasons ago... his coaching was responsible.

Admittingly... it's a bit dull at times, but I played on underskilled teams growing up and there were days that style of play was our only hope!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Re: Rejoice, hockey fans!!!

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "CanadaViking" wrote:
    This will offend some of my brothers on this site but oh well, what has to be done is coaches like Jacques Lemaire need to be abolished from the game. I have been to two Wild games and watched them plenty on T.V. and they are simply the worst team in NHL to watch. They play the trap clogging up the neutral zone and scoring 1 or 2 goals a game. Minnesotans have been strongly supporting their team since it has been back and now it is time to give them some real hockey. I would love someone on here to give me their viewpoint if they disagree with me, because in my opinion the Wild's style of play is what is killing NHL hockey!!
    Lamaire is an amazing coach... you may not like his style of play with the Wild much, but he's playing to his team's strength. They are NOT the most talented team in the NHL and he plays them in a way to suit their defensive abilities. He got that team deep into the playoffs 2 seasons ago... his coaching was responsible.

Admittingly... it's a bit dull at times, but I played on underskilled teams growing up and there were days that style of play was our only hope!
    I enjoyed watching the Wild more than any playoff team MN has had since the 91 world series. The way they put offensive powerhouses in check with a third of the other team's salary was awesome.
    But, the NHL is supposedly changing the rules, expanding the offensive zone and adopting a 4 on 4 and 3 on 3 in OT followed by a shootout, so scoring should be 1 or 2 goals/game higher.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123