Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: `Redneck Shop' creates dispute in S.C.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=43095.msg737698#msg737698 date=1205186945]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43095.msg737692#msg737692 date=1205186627]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=43095.msg737668#msg737668 date=1205184238]
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=43095.msg737663#msg737663 date=1205183892]
    We still have active KKK members in the US Senate

To be fair, Byrd is a former KKK member.
    He denounced it in 2005.
    I believe he is still both an idiot and a racist, but no longer a KKK member...
    Fair or not his Liberal jiggly butt shouldn't even be in the Senate. He's been in politics since 1959, therefore a member off the KKK while in politics for 46 years before denouncing it. Makes you wonder what they got away with all those years.

And what is with these political threads today?

This is the second one on a site that strictly forbids political, racial & religious issues.
    You appear to be the only one bringing politics into it. No one else even mentioned that they were liberal other than you. And you say it in a derrogatory way.
    When you bring a Senator into a thread, which I did not, Liberal or Conservative, it becomes a political thread.

Even Senators aside, we shouldn't be discussing the KKK in forum on a diversified site like this, regardless if KKK is sugarcoated with the word Redneck.
    I disagree they were just discussing a well known person who's in an important job who used to be in the KKK.
    It wasn't about politics it was just using someone who HAPPENS to be in politics as an example.

Then you brought up liberal.
    [/quote]

I certainly didn't bring up the KKK. That in itself should warrant a thread lock.

Read the rest of my post BTW
    [/quote]

I did read the whole post..............BTW!!!!!

I was thinking of skipping that huge sentence but I bit the bullet and just worked my way through it.
    [/quote]

What huge sentence? All I'm saying is the minute the KKK was brought up in this thread it should have been locked. Even before a Senators pic was brought into play.

Like I said, I've voted both Liberal & Conservative & have no political preference. Just not having a very good day.

What did you expect with me losing an hours sleep the other day?
    :P

I just don't feel a thread discussing anything about the KKK belongs here on a site that has many races that belong to it. How do you think it makes others feel?

[/quote]

If we were discussing the KKK in the way that we were cheering it on or something I would find that offensive and a lockable idea, but not when it's just being discussed in this way.

I just want to put in here that you can be a "redneck" and not be a racist a**hole. ;D I have a "red" neck, literally and figuratively speaking. I shoot guns, catch fish, ride 4 -wheelers, kill and consume many different types of animals and drink bud-Light. It's a good thing to be a "redneck." ;D
    Tuco the world.....

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

By the way as a guy living about 1/2 hour from there, I didnt even know the Redneck Shop was still open.
    It got alot of attention several years ago, but I thought i had heard that it closed.
    There was an Older African American lady that I beleive I heard drove her car through the front of the store several years ago.
    I thought that was kind of funny, and I guess I thought it had closed after that.

Funny that I hear about this on PPO and not on my local news here.
    Not saying it wasnt on there, I just hadnt heard it.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Turboe" wrote:
    By the way as a guy living about 1/2 hour from there, I didnt even know the Redneck Shop was still open.
    It got alot of attention several years ago, but I thought i had heard that it closed.
    There was an Older African American lady that I beleive I heard drove her car through the front of the store several years ago.
    I thought that was kind of funny, and I guess I thought it had closed after that.

The sad thing is business will probably improve with all the publicity they are getting. A lot of crazies out there.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:

The sad thing is business will probably improve with all the publicity they are getting. A lot of crazies out there.
    Or it will draw a lot of protesters as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

This is sad.
    What is even sadder is that bigots and racist have always existed and always will.
    No matter what laws or lawsuits may come, it will be here forever.
    It seems to have no boundries, rich, poor, any color, any religion, any political party, educated, uneducated.
    Hate is a part of mankind as a whole.
    That is the saddest of all.
    Only the individual person can choose to carry that hate, pass it on or leave it behind.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    This is sad.
    What is even sadder is that bigots and racist have always existed and always will.
    It seems to have no boundries, rich, poor, any color, any religion, any political party, educated, uneducated.
    Only the individual person can choose to carry that hate, pass it on or leave it behind.
    Well said. As a parent, I try hard to instill in my girls a sense of "there's good and bad in all races, creeds, etc.". But even that is a somewhat negative outlook...I get so saddened when I see people cheering in the streets after young people are murdered or when buildings burn down. It's tough to be a parent today...then again, it had to hard for our parents and grandparents too...just today a different type of "hard".
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

every one has the right to be as ignorant as they want
    :-\

so racism to extents is protected by the constitution, even if it goes against every thing the constitution stands for.

as long as you don't violate any one else's rights you have the right to believe and say what ever you want. that doesn't mean that you won't have to deal with the reprocussions. this store will get lots of protests. people will be forced to resign for saying 1 word and misrepresenting the employer . but no one will ever have to a day in jail for being ignorant

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

every one has the right to be as ignorant as they want
    :-\
    Problem is, too many have the ability.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    This is sad.
    How do you rationalize this post with the posting of your "shoot the illegals" game?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast