Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Red Sox on ESPN...AGAIN !!

oh and are you serious about the rangers/a's being a better game. to date the rangers are one game over .500 and the A's are 3 games under. that division is a joke and do you honestly think a national audience would watch that?

How do ya like them apples?!

Point is....

Not all Red Sox games are GOOD enough to have on NATIONAL television....

Red Sox fans are no MORE passionate than alot of fans...PLEASE !!

Just because the movie Fever Pitch came out...don't think for a second you are better fans than say.....

The Vikings .....

The Toronto Maple Leafs.....

The Cubs...
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

"tjohnson" wrote:
    oh and are you serious about the rangers/a's being a better game. to date the rangers are one game over .500 and the A's are 3 games under. that division is a joke and do you honestly think a national audience would watch that?
    Oh...the Devil Rays are lighting the baseball world on fire.........PLEASE !!!!!

Thanks to PPE for sig

"vikesoto" wrote:
    Point is....

Just because the movie Fever Pitch came out...don't think for a second you are better fans than say.....

The Vikings .....

The Cubs...
    Are you kidding about Cubs fans? Have you ever been to one of their games? They're fans are no where close to sox fans, and as much as i am a vikings fan, i dont think vikings fans are as passionate either, and im sure ill take a lot of crap for that but w/e.

and the devil rays are a very good team. scott kazmir is probably the best young pitcher in baseball. their offense is stacked w/ crawford, gomes and plenty of great young talent in gathright, balldelli, upton, cantu. they're actually a fun team to watch w/ all their speed, if they didnt play in the most comptitive division in baseball theyd be a lot better.

sirweeze is offline Starter

ESPN is way more concerned with catering to the masses than they are with providing quality balanced programming, and that will never change. If both the Yankees and Red Sox had combined records of 19-234893 over the next ten years, they would STILL be televised as often as they are, because that's where the biggest markets are, and that's just the way it is. Nevermind that there are more interesting teams that are more fun to watch that the rest of the country may not know much about (Detroit, Cleveland, or the surprise runs by Colorado and Cincinnati).

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

baseball is boring IMO, not matter whos playing, unless it's supermodels in bikinis of course

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    Point is....

The Vikings .....

The Cubs...
    Are you kidding about Cubs fans? Have you ever been to one of their games? They're fans are no where close to sox fans, and as much as i am a vikings fan, i dont think vikings fans are as passionate either, and im sure ill take a lot of crap for that but w/e.

and the devil rays are a very good team. scott kazmir is probably the best young pitcher in baseball. their offense is stacked w/ crawford, gomes and plenty of great young talent in gathright, balldelli, upton, cantu. they're actually a fun team to watch w/ all their speed, if they didnt play in the most comptitive division in baseball theyd be a lot better.
    The Devil Rays are a very good team......

In what universe !!!!!!

Thanks to PPE for sig

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

thats fine..nobody stops a healthy st louis cardinals in the playoffs this season..that wouldve been the case last year had rolen played
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikesoto" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    Point is....

The Vikings .....

The Cubs...

The Devil Rays are a very good team......

In what universe !!!!!!
    if the devil rays had 2 more good pitchers behind kazmir, they would be a very good team..they have the offense, and most of their impact players are young, so they have a great core to build around in the next few years..kazmir is turning out to be one of the best pitchers in baseball, the only unfortunate thing is that every single one of their pitchers besides him are god awful, AA ball talents

and i have to mention, maple leafs fans are among the dumbest, worst fans in all of sports..you go to a leafs game, and everybody sitting in their suit and tie barely even applauds a goal..the leafs dont have hockey fans at their games, just people who own big businesses and get the tickets from sponsorships and such..worst environment to watch a hockey game, toronto
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast