Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Red Sox cede moral high ground

    So I don't wanna hear any more whining about the Evil Empire!

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=2662770&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    Ich mag der Red Sox nicht!

  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    Another sportswriter weighs in:

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6173822?FSO1&ATT=HMA
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    This is exactly what is wrong with baseball, and exactly why I don't watch it. How is it fair that the Sox can go out and spend 50 million bucks to NEGOTIATE with a guy when the Pirates can't even afford to PAY one guy 50 million bucks?

    The NFL thrives because of its parity from top to bottom, and that's something that baseball doesn't have.

  5. #5
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    This is exactly what is wrong with baseball, and exactly why I don't watch it. How is it fair that the Sox can go out and spend 50 million bucks to NEGOTIATE with a guy when the Pirates can't even afford to PAY one guy 50 million bucks?

    The NFL thrives because of its parity from top to bottom, and that's something that baseball doesn't have.

    The whole Twins payroll was 70 million last year, and 2 years ago was under 50 million.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    They both cede moral high ground.

    [img width=200 height=267]http://www.yankeessuckonline.com/images/Steinbrenner_hitler.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    They both cede moral high ground.

    [img width=200 height=267]http://www.yankeessuckonline.com/images/Steinbrenner_hitler.jpg[/img]
    ALL the owners cede moral high ground...because they ALL take the money that George gives them every year and shut their mouths.
    The RIGHT thing to do would be to institute a salary cap and in doing so, give up the antitrust exemption that they have...which would allow the larger markets to get saturated with more teams thereby dividing up the pie more...BUT the greedy owners (ALL of them) won't do it...heck, many of those owners take George's money and POCKET IT, not even spending it on the team...AT LEAST George spends his money on trying to improve the team...as opposed to a guy we all know, who DIDN'T spend CRAP on HIS team when he had it...remember Red McCombs.
    Who would you rather have, George or Red? (there are no other choices in this hypothetical....so pick one or the other)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    This is exactly what is wrong with baseball, and exactly why I don't watch it. How is it fair that the Sox can go out and spend 50 million bucks to NEGOTIATE with a guy when the Pirates can't even afford to PAY one guy 50 million bucks?

    The NFL thrives because of its parity from top to bottom, and that's something that baseball doesn't have.



    The whole Twins payroll was 70 million last year, and 2 years ago was under 50 million.
    And Carl Pohlad is the TIGHTEST owner in MLB...besides being one of the richest!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #9
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    This is exactly what is wrong with baseball, and exactly why I don't watch it. How is it fair that the Sox can go out and spend 50 million bucks to NEGOTIATE with a guy when the Pirates can't even afford to PAY one guy 50 million bucks?

    The NFL thrives because of its parity from top to bottom, and that's something that baseball doesn't have.

    The whole Twins payroll was 70 million last year, and 2 years ago was under 50 million.
    What's your point?

  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Red Sox cede moral high ground

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    This is exactly what is wrong with baseball, and exactly why I don't watch it. How is it fair that the Sox can go out and spend 50 million bucks to NEGOTIATE with a guy when the Pirates can't even afford to PAY one guy 50 million bucks?

    The NFL thrives because of its parity from top to bottom, and that's something that baseball doesn't have.

    The whole Twins payroll was 70 million last year, and 2 years ago was under 50 million.
    What's your point?
    it means he can add
    ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FedEx Air & Ground Players of Week 11
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:00 AM
  2. Taylor Wins Fed Ex Ground Player Of The Year Over AD and LT
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 10:39 AM
  3. Dangerous Ground
    By Del Rio in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 08:16 PM
  4. Clayton: Tice on Shaky Ground
    By TARKenton in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 01:29 PM
  5. CC on dodgy ground?
    By BenWah in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-13-2002, 12:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •