Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Recycling is bad for the envoronment!

Hey Jeremy, do you have any unbiased sources? You know, something scientific, reliable and peer reviewed?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

hey jeremy, make a way thats efficient for trash to be recycled and save our environment, and make our air cleaner! that way we dont have to worry about incinerating our dairy bottles or read this thread much longer. or better yet, buy a nice pair of over-alls (sp.?), put a grass stalk in you mouth, talk with a drawl, and go plant some trees and make a killing off wood pulp. make sure you dispose that waste properly!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Hey Jeremy, do you have any unbiased sources? You know, something scientific, reliable and peer reviewed?
    According to his source

Scientists Complicit

Unfortunately, air pollution health scientists are also complicit in the exaggeration of air pollution's health effects.
    scientists are just scaring us about things like ozone, global warming, air pollution.....

Heartland dot whatever also has an area called the smokers lounge to defend smokers rights :shock: smoking isn't as bad as everyone things :roll: now as a (sorry) smoker that is currently between quiting attempts, give me a break, I know this is the worst thing I'm doing to myself

Link

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"BradTheMan14" wrote:
    this serious no joke dont recycle it are bad for yous. plus it are no good for its earth and it are unhealthy to waste energy and do that leave its
    Are you writing like that on purpose?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

You may think it's just as simple as planting another tree in the ground but it's not that simple.

A tree does not grow overnight, If we use paper & wood at a faster rate then we can replenish it, then our forests will eventually be raped & bare.

I'm not a tree hugger by any stretch of the word, but recycling makes sense. As mentioned before, we just need to find a more econmical means of recycling it.

All plastics including those used to produce the clothes on your back are made from petrochemicals derived from oil & we all know what a precious commodity that is.

Recycling makes sense no matter how you slice it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Do you ever wonder where "Generation" the recycled toilet paper comes from?

Jeremy is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    You may think it's just as simple as planting another tree in the ground but it's not that simple.

A tree does not grow overnight, If we use paper & wood at a faster rate then we can replenish it, then our forests will eventually be raped & bare.

I'm not a tree hugger by any stretch of the word, but recycling makes sense. As mentioned before, we just need to find a more econmical means of recycling it.

All plastics including those used to produce the clothes on your back are made from petrochemicals derived from oil & we all know what a precious commodity that is.

We don't have economical or efficient means of recycling. It's forced on us. It has to be subsidized by the government. It takes more energy to make a plastic bottle from scratch than is does to make plastic from other plastic bottles. Untill someone finds a way to recycle paper, and plastic much efficeintly it does more harm than it does good.

We are not going to "run out of trees". Trees are a renewable resource. They anticipate the demand of paper and plant trees accordingly. Why is that so hard of a concept to grasp? There are more trees now than there was 50 years ago.

Oil isn't that important. We are not going to complaetly run out of it ever. Eventually it will become scarce the price will skyrocket. We'll be forced to find an alternate fuel, thank god. No more invading the Middle East.

Hydrogen or ethanol are the most two likely alternatives. The exhaust from a hydrogen burning engine is H2O, or water. Ethonal burns cleaner than oil based fuels and comes from a renewable resource, corn. Are we going to run out of corn too if and when we start using it as an alternate fuel? I think they'll just grow more corn like they do with trees.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"vikes09" wrote:
    hey jeremy, make a way thats efficient for trash to be recycled and save our environment, and make our air cleaner! that way we dont have to worry about incinerating our dairy bottles or read this thread much longer. or better yet, buy a nice pair of over-alls (sp.?), put a grass stalk in you mouth, talk with a drawl, and go plant some trees and make a killing off wood pulp. make sure you dispose that waste properly!
    Make sure you dispose of the chemical sludge properly that comes with recycling paper. What's so bad about burying paper underground? Is rotting papaer going to poison the water table?

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

We don't have economical or efficient means of recycling. It's forced on us. It has to be subsidized by the government. It takes more energy to make a plastic bottle from scratch than is does to make plastic from other plastic bottles. Untill someone finds a way to recycle paper, and plastic much efficeintly it does more harm than it does good.

We are not going to "run out of trees". Trees are a renewable resource. They anticipate the demand of paper and plant trees accordingly. Why is that so hard of a concept to grasp? There are more trees now than there was 50 years ago.

Oil isn't that important. We are not going to complaetly run out of it ever. Eventually it will become scarce the price will skyrocket. We'll be forced to find an alternate fuel, thank god. No more invading the Middle East.

Hydrogen or ethanol are the most two likely alternatives. The exhaust from a hydrogen burning engine is H2O, or water. Ethonal burns cleaner than oil based fuels and comes from a renewable resource, corn. Are we going to run out of corn too if and when we start using it as an alternate fuel? I think they'll just grow more corn like they do with trees.
    True, trees are a replinishable source. But are we replenishing them faster than we are using wood & paper products. It takes years for a single tree to grow.

Are you telling me we use less wood & paper that that tree would produce over the course of the years it takes to grow it?

Do you have any source that backs up your claim that we have more trees today then we did 50 years ago?

You also missed my point on oil as well. Not only is oil used for fuel. All plastics are made from oil. When the price skrockets & becomes scarce how will you make plastic & at what cost?

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

its going to cost to dig up a spot big enough to put our excess paper in the ground.

we should just take a big valley in the middle of Nepal, and put all our paper there. just dump it down there. im sure nepalions :???: wont mind.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast