Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: record oil profits!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Yeah, but YOUR boobs are in charge right now...so they get ALL the blame! Let's switch it around in 2008...then you can blame the Dems all you want! Heck, if they have as much power as the Repubs do right now, I will join in with you on most issues. :grin:
    Ya know, when you toss around parties and Bush this, Bush that...it takes away from the good points you have.

I liken it to some members here expressing their views by just using personal attacks.

So, before 2000 no company ever "cooked" their books? Why don't we blame the company, not the adminstration?

Yes. The dreaded Republicans are in power. In 2008 they will still be in power. I do not care who is in power. I am independant of any party. If there is a good Democrat (havn't found one yet :razz: ) I will vote for that person.

Really, what kind of power does the President really have? Some think they are just a figure and that things are controlled by other governing bodies. Getting back to the issue of gas...what power does the President really have in gas prices?
    The President appoints the top people in all of the regulatory administrative offices...therefore he has tremendous power to regulate most everything in the US. If he was so inclined, he could freeze gasoline prices nationwide...at least until the lower half of the country recovers from the devastation that the hurricanes have caused....with the RECORD PROFITS, the oil companies would certainly not be that harmed by the temporary freeze...it would go a long way to show their patriotic support for this country.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Yes. Freeze them breifly he could do because of disaster.

I think it would take an act of Congress for a more permanent freeze.

If prices were froze, oil companies would start to lay peopel off and now you still have a big mess.

Its a no win situation.

Remember, for every action there is a reaction.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

As I have been reading thru this a couple of thoughts have occured to me.(imagine that).First off,the reason you see all those huge SUV,s is because if a vehicle weighs in at over 6,000 pounds its tax deductible. And that my friends is about a 35,000 $ deduction,hell I bought one. Second while everyone whines about big oil,they are small fry compared to the two biggest enterprises in this country.Making you sick and curing you.Want to see ungodly profits check those out.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

So basically, f!!ck the little guy, huh? Remember that the next time that you all vote...the guys that are currently in there aren't doing squat for you!

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    As I have been reading thru this a couple of thoughts have occured to me.(imagine that).First off,the reason you see all those huge SUV,s is because if a vehicle weighs in at over 6,000 pounds its tax deductible. And that my friends is about a 35,000 $ deduction,hell I bought one. Second while everyone whines about big oil,they are small fry compared to the two biggest enterprises in this country.Making you sick and curing you.Want to see ungodly profits check those out.
    I do not think everybody takes a deduction for it.

Maybe, had the Rockefellers not bought the patents to hybridized engines in the 70's, we'd all have electric cars now. But then that would set us free.....

6-KINGS Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    So basically, f!!ck the little guy, huh? Remember that the next time that you all vote...the guys that are currently in there aren't doing squat for you!
    This coming from a trial lawyer/class action lawyer.

As you get rich.
    Is that how you feel "not guilty" about your take of the lawsuits.
    "I'm in it for the little guy"
    It all about the "what have you done for me lately" mentallity.
    Come on Cajun.

Geez I know that is harsh, but you keep pushing and pushing a point that holds no water.
    Just political fodder.

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    This coming from a trial lawyer/class action lawyer.

As you get rich.

Is that how you feel "not guilty" about your take of the lawsuits.
    "I'm in it for the little guy"
    It all about the "what have you done for me lately" mentallity.
    Come on Cajun.

Geez I know that is harsh, but you keep pushing and pushing a point that holds no water.
    Just political fodder.
    You are correct...as I get rich! As long as the vast majority of the country continues to look the other way, I will keep on cashing in...why shouldn't I? It's not like anyone is doing anything to stop what's happening regarding the widening disparity between rich and poor...so if I can't convince people to look at what is really going on, why waste any more of my time trying to save their hopeless butts. It is much easier and more rewarding to take care of my own business and let the blind fools fend for themselves...now THAT'S harsh! :twisted:

Took you 3 days to think of that?

(6 wins) :grin:

Just looked at the thread when I was fishing around for all those threads for my Groundhog day declaration! So how come no one responded to THOSE threads???

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678