Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Reasons Why Pro sports teams have moved

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Vikings lease won't expire when the MSFC gives them the metrodome. The MSFC is the reason why revenue is low because they take (nearly) all the money from concessions and souvenirs. I always hear in here that "The Metrodome isn't that bad, why do they need a new stadium?" They do and don't, but parting ways with the MSFC will help as there will be no lease deadline and the Vikings will keep more profits until a stadium deal gets done. Please chill out.
    The vikings would get to keep all the revenue from concessions and save on there rent payment, but they would also become responsible for paying the utilities, maintenance, property taxes, insurance etc. My guess is it would come out as a wash since the MSFC has never made a profit on it's operations(that I can find) even when they were collecting rent from the twins and gophers.

Ran across this story recently, hope it doesn't offend anyone.
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/aug2002/bush-a01.shtml

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/05/13/president.2000/jackson.bush/
    A couple of interesting reads my friend.
    Wish I was that wise when it comes to stocks.
    I sure have taken a beating of late.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Vikings lease won't expire when the MSFC gives them the metrodome. The MSFC is the reason why revenue is low because they take (nearly) all the money from concessions and souvenirs. I always hear in here that "The Metrodome isn't that bad, why do they need a new stadium?" They do and don't, but parting ways with the MSFC will help as there will be no lease deadline and the Vikings will keep more profits until a stadium deal gets done. Please chill out.
    The vikings would get to keep all the revenue from concessions and save on there rent payment, but they would also become responsible for paying the utilities, maintenance, property taxes, insurance etc. My guess is it would come out as a wash since the MSFC has never made a profit on it's operations(that I can find) even when they were collecting rent from the twins and gophers.

A couple of interesting reads my friend.
    Wish I was that wise when it comes to stocks.
    I sure have taken a beating of late.

;D
    No one is that good at picking stocks, the money came from taxpayers. He was politically connected so he was able to get the government to build a stadium, which lead to him making a 2400% return on his investment in a very short time. Publicly financed stadiums are little more than a huge tax break to the super rich.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Isn't this the second time you've aluded to the MSFC giving up the Dome?

What leads you to believe that will happen?
    I work for a company contracted for the Vikings and have an office on L1 of the Metrodome. They've alluded to it and I'm banking on getting the whole stadium when the Twins and Gophers are out.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

+1

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

I talk to my state rep every few months and he has told me that he offered a bill to Wilf where Wilf would get the dome for $1 and then could do anything he wanted with it and he didn't take the deal.

I would be in favor of dissolving the MSFC right now and turning the keys over to wilf so that he could have a bigger cut of the pie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

Current Metrodome lease

The Vikings' current lease with the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, as signed by both parties in August 1979, keeps them in the Metrodome until 2011.[1] The lease is considered one of the least lucrative among NFL teams, it includes provisions where the commission owns the stadium, and the Vikings are locked into paying rent until the end of the 2011 season, which is usually around $3.5 million annually; the Vikings pay the MSFC 9.5 percent of its ticket sales; the commission "reserves all rights to sell or lease advertising in any part of the Stadium" and the team can't use the scoreboard for any ads and does not control naming rights for the building; the commission controls the limited parking and its revenue; and the commission pays the team 10 percent of all concession sales, which in 2004 and 2005, amounted to just over half a million for the team each year while the MSFC takes roughly 35 percent of concessions sold during Vikings games.[2] The Vikings were 30th out of 32 NFL teams in local revenues in 2005.[2] The Vikings, as well as the stadium's other tenants, have continually turned down any proposals for renovating the Metrodome itself.[2] A plan for a joint Vikings/University of Minnesota football stadium was proposed in 2002, but differences over how the stadium would be design and run, as well as state budget constraints, led to the plan's failure.[3]

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

I work for a company contracted for the Vikings and have an office on L1 of the Metrodome. They've alluded to it and I'm banking on getting the whole stadium when the Twins and Gophers are out.
    Thanks.
    You have a bit more insight than I then my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

I talk to my state rep every few months and he has told me that he offered a bill to Wilf where Wilf would get the dome for $1 and then could do anything he wanted with it and he didn't take the deal.

I would be in favor of dissolving the MSFC right now and turning the keys over to wilf so that he could have a bigger cut of the pie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

Current Metrodome lease

The Vikings' current lease with the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, as signed by both parties in August 1979, keeps them in the Metrodome until 2011.[1] The lease is considered one of the least lucrative among NFL teams, it includes provisions where the commission owns the stadium, and the Vikings are locked into paying rent until the end of the 2011 season, which is usually around $3.5 million annually; the Vikings pay the MSFC 9.5 percent of its ticket sales; the commission "reserves all rights to sell or lease advertising in any part of the Stadium" and the team can't use the scoreboard for any ads and does not control naming rights for the building; the commission controls the limited parking and its revenue; and the commission pays the team 10 percent of all concession sales, which in 2004 and 2005, amounted to just over half a million for the team each year while the MSFC takes roughly 35 percent of concessions sold during Vikings games.[2] The Vikings were 30th out of 32 NFL teams in local revenues in 2005.[2] The Vikings, as well as the stadium's other tenants, have continually turned down any proposals for renovating the Metrodome itself.[2] A plan for a joint Vikings/University of Minnesota football stadium was proposed in 2002, but differences over how the stadium would be design and run, as well as state budget constraints, led to the plan's failure.[3]
    Great stuff my friend..

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

build something already

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12