Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    "singersp" wrote:
    :-\ OK, What is the real, real reason you started this thread?
    Here is why singer

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=29656.0

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    "WVV" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    :-\ OK, What is the real, real reason you started this thread?
    Here is why singer

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=29656.0
    Everything is clean so far....but I really don't see this getting anywhere without a fight.

    "WVV]<br" wrote:
    Everything is clean so far....but I really don't see this getting anywhere without a fight.

    Sorry Cajun...gonna have to lock it. Iraq is just too volatile.[/b]
    ??? So your locking up threads because they might get volatile? That could happen in almost every thread, LOL.

    If you lock up the "True HOF Thread" or the "Cheer Up Vikings Fans" thread because they might get dirty, I'll have to hunt you down!
    ;D

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    "singersp" wrote:
    "WVV" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    :-\ OK, What is the real, real reason you started this thread?
    Here is why singer

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=29656.0
    Everything is clean so far....but I really don't see this getting anywhere without a fight.

    "WVV]<br" wrote:
    Everything is clean so far....but I really don't see this getting anywhere without a fight.

    Sorry Cajun...gonna have to lock it. Iraq is just too volatile.[/b]
    ??? So your locking up threads because they might get volatile? That could happen in almost every thread, LOL.

    If you lock up the "True HOF Thread" or the "Cheer Up Vikings Fans" thread because they might get dirty, I'll have to hunt you down!
    ;D
    True...that could be every thread, but Cheer UP Vikes Fans and the True HOF Thread haven't been historically problematic. There has NEVER been a political thread that hasn't gotten locked at some point.

    Besides, it has been stated pretty clearly (although it isn't officially in the rules) that politics is prohibited. Cajun has had a few locked, as has Tarkenton10 and a few others that have posted political articles have had them locked as well.

  4. #14
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    Just in case you don't believe me that EVERY political thread gets locked...here's some proof.

    Josdin locked this one because...using his words...it had the "potential" to get ugly:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28368.20

    This one was locked because it was political:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28817.0

    Seperation of church and state:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28910.0

    Iraq:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28859.0

    TNT locked this one because it MIGHT turn into a death penalty debate.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=29474.0

    Politics:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=27488.10


    Anyone still want to complain about it? Politics is not allowed.

  5. #15
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    Ltrey...I am your father!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    Just in case you don't believe me that EVERY political thread gets locked...here's some proof.

    Josdin locked this one because...using his words...it had the "potential" to get ugly:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28368.20

    This one was locked because it was political:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28817.0

    Seperation of church and state:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28910.0

    Iraq:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28859.0

    TNT locked this one because it MIGHT turn into a death penalty debate.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=29474.0

    Politics:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=27488.10


    Anyone still want to complain about it? Politics is not allowed.
    LOL! Hey Ltrey! Go back & look at my posts & look for the smilies & the LOL's. Smilies are your friends. I can't believe you took me seriously!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    Just in case you don't believe me that EVERY political thread gets locked...here's some proof.

    Josdin locked this one because...using his words...it had the "potential" to get ugly:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28368.20

    This one was locked because it was political:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28817.0

    Seperation of church and state:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28910.0

    Iraq:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28859.0

    TNT locked this one because it MIGHT turn into a death penalty debate.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=29474.0

    Politics:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=27488.10


    Anyone still want to complain about it? Politics is not allowed.
    LOL! Hey Ltrey! Go back & look at my posts & look for the smilies & the LOL's. Smilies are your friends. I can't believe you took me seriously!
    You weren't the only one singer, so that post wasn't necessarily directed at you!


    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Ltrey...I am your father!!!
    Haha...the funny thing about that is, you met my dad!

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    You weren't the only one singer, so that post wasn't necessarily directed at you!
    LOL! so I was a scapegoat? Would you say I was closer to the Childress kind of scapegoat or teetering more on the Smoot side?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    You weren't the only one singer, so that post wasn't necessarily directed at you!
    LOL! so I was a scapegoat? Would you say I was closer to the Childress kind of scapegoat or teetering more on the Smoot side?
    Haha...I'd say you're more of the Childress scapegoat. The Smoot side is WAYYY to serious for this.

  10. #20
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: The REAL REAL reason...

    Ltrey did the right thing.


    End of story

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: The REAL reason...
    By RK. in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
  2. The REAL reason...
    By cajunvike in forum Post Wasteland
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
  3. The real reason behind Moss' trade
    By WootBandit in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:47 AM
  4. The real reason we lost the MNF game
    By sdvikefan in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 02:46 PM
  5. The Real Reason for the Slump
    By MiamiViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 10:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •