Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Randy Foye

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Randy Foye

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    The Twolves should trade Garnett. They are just wasting the talent of a great player and Garnett deserves a chance at the Championship. At this point I am more of a Garnett fan than a Wolves fan. Unless the Twolves bring in somebody big it will be another sad season for Garnett.

What happened to McCants? Did they give up on him already?
    McCants had to have microfracture surgery on his knee which may cost him all of the next season like it did for Udeze and Stodamire.
    Yep. :sad:

Still.. Ricky Davis, KG, Foye, and McCants when he returns.. amazing lineup. Add in a productive center and they will be playoff bound again.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

kevin mchale got punked..there is absolutely no excuse for not coming away with another player from portland in the roy for foye trade..he shouldve been able to ship jaric there in exchange for miles as well as the pick swap..what an idiot
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

they got the right guy, but the fact that portland was insanely desperate for roy, and the fact that we just handed him to them was inexcusable
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    The Twolves should trade Garnett. They are just wasting the talent of a great player and Garnett deserves a chance at the Championship. At this point I am more of a Garnett fan than a Wolves fan. Unless the Twolves bring in somebody big it will be another sad season for Garnett.

McCants had to have microfracture surgery on his knee which may cost him all of the next season like it did for Udeze and Stodamire.
    Yep. :sad:

Still.. Ricky Davis, KG, Foye, and McCants when he returns.. amazing lineup. Add in a productive center and they will be playoff bound again.
    Don't you guys still have Olowokandi??? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

Yep. sad

Don't you guys still have Olowokandi??? lol
    I agree cajun i totally agree with you

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

What do yall think about the picks who got in this years draft? What would you grade them

I give them a B+

Formerly Viking24

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ViKing24" wrote:
    What do yall think about the picks who got in this years draft? What would you grade them

I give them a B+
    For who? The T-Wolves?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:

I give them a B+
    For who? The T-Wolves?
    yah

Foye ends up in Minnesota

Associated Press
    Posted: 1 hour ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Randy Foye's road back to Minnesota covered three teams, both coasts and 4,700 miles. All in about an hour.

Foye's NBA career started in Boston on Wednesday night, when he was drafted by the Celtics with the seventh pick. His rights were then traded to Portland in a deal involving Sebastian Telfair before he finally found a permanent home with the Minnesota Timberwolves, who sent No. 6 pick Brandon Roy to the Blazers for Foye and cash.

The journey ended right where the Villanova guard wanted to be all along.

"It was just nerve-racking," Foye said Wednesday night. "Then like two picks before me, my agent and Brandon's agent were making eye contact, and I didn't know what was going on at the time. And once I saw my agent's face light up, he was like, 'Yeah, Boston is going to take you,'

"And then, 'Portland is going to take you.'

"And then when they said Minnesota, I was like, 'OK, good, yeah, bring it on."'

Phew!

Foye will be returning to the city where he starred during the NCAA tournament, nearly carrying the Wildcats to their first Final Four since 1985. He scored 29 points in a win over Boston College at the Metrodome in the regional semifinals, then 25 in a loss to eventual-champion Florida in the Elite Eight.

"All I remember about when I was in Minneapolis is I was on fire," Foye said on June 15 after a predraft workout with the Timberwolves.

He spent had dinner with Kevin Garnett during the visit and said he'd love to start his career by feeding the former MVP in the post.

"Kevin Garnett was there and watched most of the workout and I talked to Kevin McHale and when I went there and played, I just impressed them," Foye said.

"I did a lot of things that they probably think that I couldn't do. I'm just happy to be a Timberwolf right now."

It wasn't an easy decision for the Wolves, who selected Roy, a 6-foot-6 guard out of Washington, with the sixth overall selection.

"We were split," said coach Dwane Casey, who got to know Roy well in his 14 years as an assistant with the Sonics. "We've been up there arguing all day. I've known Brandon and I like Randy Foye, so I could have went either way."

After the Wolves picked Roy, the Celtics chose Foye at No. 7. But they were picking for Portland as part of a trade agreed upon earlier in the day.

Boston received Telfair, center Theo Ratliff and a second-round draft pick in 2008 from Portland in return for Foye, forward Raef LaFrentz, point guard Dan Dickau and cash.

The Blazers then sent Foye to Minnesota.

"They really liked (Roy)," Casey said. "He was a local kid from out there. They could have went either way, we could have went either way. But we're happy with the guy we got."

Casey said he sees Foye as a "Chauncey Billups-type" combo guard, but Foye sees himself as a true point guard.

"It feels great to be the first point guard taken," Foye said. "That is a lot of pressure. But if you don't live up to the hype, you know, it doesn't really matter, as long as you just play as hard as you can for your teammates."

The Timberwolves have been in desperate need of a reliable decision maker since trading Sam Cassell to the Clippers for Marko Jaric before last season.

Troy Hudson is injury prone, Marcus Banks is a free agent who is still learning and Jaric hasn't worked out at the point as the team hoped.

"Randy Foye is NBA-ready," Casey said. "There's going to be some things he has to learn as far as being a point guard. But athletically, mentally, physically, he's a young man who has come through a lot."

After his father was killed in a motorcycle accident and his mother walked out on him, Foye spent much of his youth shuttling between the homes of his two grandmothers - Ruth Martin and Betty Foye.

Martin lived in New Jersey's hard-scrabble Prince Street projects, where Foye saw someone shot in an elevator when he was 9 years old.

"I could have been directed into the wrong direction, but I wasn't," Foye said in March during Villanova's appearance at the Metrodome. "I just tried to keep myself, my little circle, surrounded with great people."

Formerly Viking24

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Both of our trades included cash considerations and I think the deal with Portland moving Roy there will have some good money involved in it for us. I really think we did those trades to have that extra money in hopes to be extra agressive in Free Agency! It also makes sense that we did that trade because we needed a PG and between Roy, McCants and Ricky Davis they would all be to similar of players size wise and skill wise... we did not need him. Plus who knows if Marcus Banks will sign with us again in Free Agency... drafting Foye suggests not!!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

What I don't get about the Wolves deal is that they swap picks and only get cash considerations you should get a future 2nd at least. Also what is with the NBA GM's it seems that everyone knows what is going to happen before it takes place.

As far as Foye vs. Roy I am torn on the players and could go either way because I think they are both pretty good.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234