Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: racist question? please advise.

why asians are so good at ping pong is something we will never know...
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

zimtwister is offline Coach

randy 8404- that was one of the best things [insightful] i have read on here. delrio and you make us sound like hicks! as if i need anyones help with that! ok i am a pot stirrer. it is funny and true. stir or get off the pot!
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    I know but I can't tell.

It has something to do with Ninjas and Oprah Winfrey........that is all I can disclose at this time.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    The football player question I would say was answered correctly.

The cheerleader one is a bit more gritty, but as a black male I'll bite.

The honest reason is that in America, white women are still the standard of beauty. This standard of beauty is very rigid, and has not changed for quite some time. Exotic women (brazilian, etc) are valued, but for the most part, there is definately still a bias especially surrounding black women.

Why do I say this? Not because I'm a bitter black man (believe me, my ex girlfriend was polish,) but because it's true. Think of the black women considered most beautiful in America. Halle Berry. She's half white, number 1, and number 2 her features are delicate and sharp enough that she has an almost european bone facial structure. Beyonce? Pale skinned enough that she doesn't look too black. Case in point with Beyonce: People said she didn't look good in Austin Powers Goldmember. Why? Because she had an afro. Believe it or not, Afro is the natural state of black persons' hair - male or female. When she went back to that, she was ridiculed. When is Alicia Keys considered most beautiful? When her hair is long, permmed, and straight. When it's in cornrows, she is considered less beautiful.

I know this may seem as if I'm trying reverse racism or something here, but if you think about it, you'll find me to be right.

Edit: This is true of black men as well

[I am NOT bragging here] I was considered one of the better looking individuals at my high school - but I kept my hair very, very short (think Randy when he first came into the league.) Then I let my hair grow through the summer of my junior year into my senior year, and let my hair alternate between a fro and cornrows (not as big as Randy's :lol: ). People looked at me differently - much differently. I kept my fro very clean, always well shaped and my face stayed tidily shaven, but perspectives still changed. It's just true - think about Will Smith, Denzel Washington etc. vs Randy Moss, Allen Iverson, etc. Both Moss and Iverson are good looking black men - but they both wear their hair very ethnically.
    Charlize Theron is about as hot as they get, and she was born and raised in South Africa. Technically, that makes her an African American... (PS I dont care how Beyonce's hair is styled... she always looks good)

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

I say bring on ALL of them hardbodied cheerleaders you won't see or hear me complain.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    Why is Forrest Gump so good at ping pongin'?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    The football player question I would say was answered correctly.

The cheerleader one is a bit more gritty, but as a black male I'll bite.

The honest reason is that in America, white women are still the standard of beauty. This standard of beauty is very rigid, and has not changed for quite some time. Exotic women (brazilian, etc) are valued, but for the most part, there is definately still a bias especially surrounding black women.

Why do I say this? Not because I'm a bitter black man (believe me, my ex girlfriend was polish,) but because it's true. Think of the black women considered most beautiful in America. Halle Berry. She's half white, number 1, and number 2 her features are delicate and sharp enough that she has an almost european bone facial structure. Beyonce? Pale skinned enough that she doesn't look too black. Case in point with Beyonce: People said she didn't look good in Austin Powers Goldmember. Why? Because she had an afro. Believe it or not, Afro is the natural state of black persons' hair - male or female. When she went back to that, she was ridiculed. When is Alicia Keys considered most beautiful? When her hair is long, permmed, and straight. When it's in cornrows, she is considered less beautiful.

I know this may seem as if I'm trying reverse racism or something here, but if you think about it, you'll find me to be right.

Edit: This is true of black men as well

[I am NOT bragging here] I was considered one of the better looking individuals at my high school - but I kept my hair very, very short (think Randy when he first came into the league.) Then I let my hair grow through the summer of my junior year into my senior year, and let my hair alternate between a fro and cornrows (not as big as Randy's :lol: ). People looked at me differently - much differently. I kept my fro very clean, always well shaped and my face stayed tidily shaven, but perspectives still changed. It's just true - think about Will Smith, Denzel Washington etc. vs Randy Moss, Allen Iverson, etc. Both Moss and Iverson are good looking black men - but they both wear their hair very ethnically.
    Charlize Theron is about as hot as they get, and she was born and raised in South Africa. Technically, that makes her an African American... (PS I dont care how Beyonce's hair is styled... she always looks good)
    Technically, she is African...her parents were Afrikaaner, not American. You gotta be American to be African-American!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Bheadgood is offline Rookie

I always heard that theres an extra muscle...lol I've read that back in slave times they bread big strong men and women which resulted in good jeans.
    Any matter can be resolved over a few coldies.

Del Rio Guest

Yeah I think Levi's came out of that.

There was some comedian guy on comedy central and he was a racist bastage. Some black guy I don't remember his name but I was laughing so hard.

He probably wasn't racist he was just making fun of all colors. One joke he said was I don't care if you are racist just stick with one name damnit.

First we were slaves so yall called us N-word white people can't say, then we got angry and yall called us Black, hell now we have money so we are African Americans....

Anyway, funny guy. I'm sure I slaughtered his joke.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I agree the standard for beauty is White women. That makes sense. The hair thing cracks me up. But you live it, hey think of it this way for all those people you lost when you started thuging your hair, maybe you gained even more who though you were a hard jiggly butt.
    See, if I wasn't top of my class, in the honors program, involved on newspaper and stuff, maybe

But seeing as I quit all sports junior year to focus on academics...lol

I've since cut it by the way. It's now low again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast