Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50
  1. #11
    zimtwister is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    959

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    del- i guess you ar right about the region thing, here in MN there is lots of blonde blue eyed chix so i spose thats why the cheerleederrs are mostly blonde. and webby and cajun a pot not stirred is as useless as a turd. [sorry,that was lame]
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

  2. #12
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    "zimtwister" wrote:
    del- i guess you ar right about the region thing, here in MN there is lots of blonde blue eyed chix so i spose thats why the cheerleederrs are mostly blonde. and webby and cajun a pot not stirred is as useless as a turd. [sorry,that was lame]
    Make that a bird turd....WORD. :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #13
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    LMAO this thread rocks.. I got to see someone earn thier title! That a boy Zim! I hope to get one one day

  4. #14
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    This question was raised in a college course I took a couple years ago. We talked about it for over two days and came to a concensus. It is a scientific fact that blacks are built better for running sports. There lower leg muscles have just been designed that way to adapt to their environment. Just like their noses. Europeans (nordic-alpine people) have narrow noses...while Africans have wider noses. This evolution is because where it is hot, you need to breathe more air. This is probably the reason all of your best long distance runners are from Kenya, Ghana, etc. Africans were busy hunting (running down antelope) while Europeans were shoveling snow for the most part. Eurpoeans are structured better in the upper back and chest area. Just due to evolution. This is the reason all of your best swimmers, weightlifters, world stongest man competitors are white.
    Now you will always have the occasional white guy who can jump and dance or the black guy who is a great swimmer but for the most what we are seeing in sports is due from evolution of different people adapting to their environments. This is the conclusion we came to.

    Now do not ask me why Hispanics are so good in soccer or why Asians can play ping pong so well cuz we didn't get that far.



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  5. #15
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    The football player question I would say was answered correctly.

    The cheerleader one is a bit more gritty, but as a black male I'll bite.

    The honest reason is that in America, white women are still the standard of beauty. This standard of beauty is very rigid, and has not changed for quite some time. Exotic women (brazilian, etc) are valued, but for the most part, there is definately still a bias especially surrounding black women.

    Why do I say this? Not because I'm a bitter black man (believe me, my ex girlfriend was polish,) but because it's true. Think of the black women considered most beautiful in America. Halle Berry. She's half white, number 1, and number 2 her features are delicate and sharp enough that she has an almost european bone facial structure. Beyonce? Pale skinned enough that she doesn't look too black. Case in point with Beyonce: People said she didn't look good in Austin Powers Goldmember. Why? Because she had an afro. Believe it or not, Afro is the natural state of black persons' hair - male or female. When she went back to that, she was ridiculed. When is Alicia Keys considered most beautiful? When her hair is long, permmed, and straight. When it's in cornrows, she is considered less beautiful.

    I know this may seem as if I'm trying reverse racism or something here, but if you think about it, you'll find me to be right.

    Edit: This is true of black men as well

    [I am NOT bragging here] I was considered one of the better looking individuals at my high school - but I kept my hair very, very short (think Randy when he first came into the league.) Then I let my hair grow through the summer of my junior year into my senior year, and let my hair alternate between a fro and cornrows (not as big as Randy's :lol: ). People looked at me differently - much differently. I kept my fro very clean, always well shaped and my face stayed tidily shaven, but perspectives still changed. It's just true - think about Will Smith, Denzel Washington etc. vs Randy Moss, Allen Iverson, etc. Both Moss and Iverson are good looking black men - but they both wear their hair very ethnically.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  6. #16
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    This question was raised in a college course I took a couple years ago. We talked about it for over two days and came to a concensus. It is a scientific fact that blacks are built better for running sports. There lower leg muscles have just been designed that way to adapt to their environment. Just like their noses. Europeans (nordic-alpine people) have narrow noses...while Africans have wider noses. This evolution is because where it is hot, you need to breathe more air. This is probably the reason all of your best long distance runners are from Kenya, Ghana, etc. Africans were busy hunting (running down antelope) while Europeans were shoveling snow for the most part. Eurpoeans are structured better in the upper back and chest area. Just due to evolution. This is the reason all of your best swimmers, weightlifters, world stongest man competitors are white.
    Now you will always have the occasional white guy who can jump and dance or the black guy who is a great swimmer but for the most what we are seeing in sports is due from evolution of different people adapting to their environments. This is the conclusion we came to.

    Now do not ask me why Hispanics are so good in soccer or why Asians can play ping pong so well cuz we didn't get that far.
    Americans would be good in soccer as well if we didn't have football to suck up all of the best-suited athletes for soccer...but if that happened then we wouldn't be here...so the rest of the world can have soccer...we will keep American football...the GREATEST sport in the world...the sport of KINGS...VIKINGS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #17
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    I agree the standard for beauty is White women. That makes sense. The hair thing cracks me up. But you live it, hey think of it this way for all those people you lost when you started thuging your hair, maybe you gained even more who though you were a hard ass.

  8. #18
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    The football player question I would say was answered correctly.

    The cheerleader one is a bit more gritty, but as a black male I'll bite.

    The honest reason is that in America, white women are still the standard of beauty. This standard of beauty is very rigid, and has not changed for quite some time. Exotic women (brazilian, etc) are valued, but for the most part, there is definately still a bias especially surrounding black women.

    Why do I say this? Not because I'm a bitter black man (believe me, my ex girlfriend was polish,) but because it's true. Think of the black women considered most beautiful in America. Halle Berry. She's half white, number 1, and number 2 her features are delicate and sharp enough that she has an almost european bone facial structure. Beyonce? Pale skinned enough that she doesn't look too black. Case in point with Beyonce: People said she didn't look good in Austin Powers Goldmember. Why? Because she had an afro. Believe it or not, Afro is the natural state of black persons' hair - male or female. When she went back to that, she was ridiculed. When is Alicia Keys considered most beautiful? When her hair is long, permmed, and straight. When it's in cornrows, she is considered less beautiful.

    I know this may seem as if I'm trying reverse racism or something here, but if you think about it, you'll find me to be right.

    Edit: This is true of black men as well

    [I am NOT bragging here] I was considered one of the better looking individuals at my high school - but I kept my hair very, very short (think Randy when he first came into the league.) Then I let my hair grow through the summer of my junior year into my senior year, and let my hair alternate between a fro and cornrows (not as big as Randy's :lol: ). People looked at me differently - much differently. I kept my fro very clean, always well shaped and my face stayed tidily shaven, but perspectives still changed. It's just true - think about Will Smith, Denzel Washington etc. vs Randy Moss, Allen Iverson, etc. Both Moss and Iverson are good looking black men - but they both wear their hair very ethnically.
    What if it was reversed?
    Note: This is strictly a hypothetical question

    BTW, very good analysis!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #19
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: racist question? please advise.

    i definitely agree with the ugly vikings cheerleaders part lol
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  10. #20
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: racist question? please advise.



    BET is reverse racism.

    Actually I don't believe it exsists. Racism is racism.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Was Lincoln a Racist?
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
  2. Girl advise.
    By mnvikes61 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 09:30 PM
  3. My Friend is Racist.
    By WisconsinSucks in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 05:54 AM
  4. Defense advise
    By PAvikesfan in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
  5. This is not meant to be racist in anyway, but
    By SixKings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 05:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •