Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

a question for adults

"josdin00" wrote:
    [quote]"cajunvike" wrote:
    Better yet, allow the punitive damages to be assigned by the judges based on the severity of the case and then placed in a public fund to support better health care for those who have a hard time getting it...doctors who screw up should not be able to walk away with a slap on the wrist...at some point it should be OK for bad doctors to have to close up shop...trust me, there will be more to take their place.
    I believe that there are review boards that can revoke your right to practice medicine within their state. A doctor with multiple valid malpractice suits against them, or a doctor who has shown an utter lack of moral judgement even in one case*, should have to go to these boards for review. I don't want bad doctors to get off with only a slap on the wrist. I want the cap on punitive damages in place for the cases where a patient goes to the doctor for the flu, and the doctor doesn't run the test to discover that the patient has cancer, therefore the patient sues for malpractice. I've heard of cases like this being won by the patient, who then gets millions from the doctor who didn't do anything wrong.

I know about the boards, but they are way more lax in revoking licences to practice than any state bar. Courts are not awarding millions for the scenario that you just described...that is way too far fetched and the judge has the power to overrule overzealous punitive awards by juries.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

poult is offline Asst. Coach

a question for adults

well, so its pretty much across board then. guess i cant really be pissed about it then, if thats the way its pretty much going for everyone. last year it went up only 10 dollars, so it just seemed like a big increase to me.

thanks for replying.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

a question for adults

its still gotta be cheaper than that cobra insurance
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

a question for adults

I'm glad im only 15
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

a question for adults

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I know about the boards, but they are way more lax in revoking licences to practice than any state bar. Courts are not awarding millions for the scenario that you just described...that is way too far fetched and the judge has the power to overrule overzealous punitive awards by juries.
    Okay, so I might have exagerated the amount to make the point. However, I have heard of cases like the one I described being won by the patient, and the damages have not been trivial.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

a question for adults

"SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    I'm glad im only 15
    I'm glad I'm only 25! I don't understand any of that crap!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

chubchub is offline Rookie

Re: a question for adults

"poult" wrote:
    my work is telling me that health insurance is going to go up by 38%, have any of you seen an increase like that lately? i may just drop it at work and go to a plan outside of work. that seems like a drastic increase to me.

just wondering if anyone else has been hit up like that.
    Even at a 38% increase you're still better off than going with a plan outside of work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12