Thread: Question?

Question?

People call pro athletes spoiled/greedy for not taking paycuts to help out the team. But the scum union members at northwest who refuse to do the same are getting positive coverage from media and citizens in the twin cities. Why is that? Mechanics make alot of money, i'm sure cutting 20% will still allow them to stay off the streets. NHL players took a paycut for the best intrest of company/game knowing they can't make money if the company is not, maybe these unions should start to think a little and do the same.
    I was a part of a union before, all unions do is breed lazy people and give them a high wage.
    You republican whore!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Question?

Hold on. The NHL players didn't take a cut for the good of the game. If they had, we would've had hockey this last year. They took a pay cut cuz they had no choice and if they didn't take the deal they would've had to lose another year (and more importantly another year's pay checks) and they knew that the longer they held out before signing a deal, the worse the deal was gonna get.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm part of a union and I don't consider myself a lazy person. I don't really take offense to what you said purpleride because to each their own, but I have no problems with unions (except for the d@mn union dues!!).

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Minnesota, and specifically Minneapolis-St. Paul are historically pro-labor towns. Unions there have been an important political bloc in local and state-wide elections. In the past, unions have had a lot of leverage on a company's ability to operate. Like them or not, unions often offer (non executives) the only way for the common person to get a pay raise above inflation, get better working conditions, or secure some sort of pension plan. Historically, they were very important in improving the working conditions and getting overtime pay, etc. Nowadays, they certainly might be abused as union officials often benefit from the union dues more than the union members. But that's a gross generalization. In the end, I believe most union members feel that their membership does provide them with some type of job security.

the greedy "scum union members" are really no different than the executives of the company. The union looks out for its members best interest same as the execs do. Clearly, no one else is going to look out for you, so you have to take the initiative. I'm curious why you're not hollaring for the execs to take a pay cut too. They're just as culpable. And a 5% pay cut means much less to them, financially, than it does to a mechanic.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Very well said coloradovike!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!