Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Q. Carter To the CFL???

I was just surfing around and I read that the Edmonton Eskimos are intrested in picking Carter up. Here is the part of the story that discusses him.

Arms race

Could we see a marquee quarterback from the NFL land in Edmonton?

He was a surprise cut in the National Football League recently, and now Quincy Carter could be a surprise addition to the Canadian Football League.

CFL sources tell me the Edmonton Eskimos are making a serious pitch for the free-agent quarterback. Carter was released last week by the Dallas Cowboys and the Esks were sharp enough to quickly protect his CFL rights by placing him on their confidential negotiation list. The Esks are hoping Carter is unable to find new work in the NFL because he failed a drug test recently and is in danger of being suspended by the league.

There is unquestionably some NFL interest in Carter, but clubs may be reluctant to offer him a contract for this season since he could be suspended for as much as a quarter of the schedule.

Yet he could come up to the CFL, no problem, and the Eskimos, I'm told, have launched discussions with his agent.

Marty York
    Source http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/columnist.jsp?content=20040810_160346_756
    ---------

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Q. Carter To the CFL???

Eskimos suck 66. Granted so do the Stamps this year, but c'mon, Maas isn't injured that much. I would expect Carter to get picked up by someone.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Q. Carter To the CFL???

How's the Coke crop in Canada?
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Q. Carter To the CFL???

Would Carter's suspension still stand if he went to NFL Europe?

Q. Carter To the CFL???

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Eskimos suck 66. Granted so do the Stamps this year, but c'mon, Maas isn't injured that much. I would expect Carter to get picked up by someone.
    Are you kidding me??? The Esks suck??? sure there not as good as they were last year but they are still a top 3 team in CFL. Your just saying that because your Calgary fan.

It makes complete sense that the Esks pick him up he is facing a 4 game suspension in the NFL so many teams would not be willing to have a guy miss a quarter of the season thats a lot of games. If he comes to the CFL he will get to play immediatley.

All he has to do is sign a 1 year contract. Play in the CFL for that year than go back to the NFL his intrest will be a lot higher at that point being suspension free. Sure he has limited intrest now but his intrest will be a lot higher if he goes this route.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Q. Carter To the CFL???

Can we really consider the CFL real football! C'mon you Canadians, we want some American football talk!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Q. Carter To the CFL???

Give them a break. At least they are talking American style football, and not the other kind(soccer).

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Q. Carter To the CFL???

Yeah good point!! But c'mon how deep are the endzones? How many plays to go 10 yards? It's just not my style of football!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Q. Carter To the CFL???

I hear ya. Don't worry though, we only have a month till the regs start. Then it's on.

SKOL Vikings.

Q. Carter To the CFL???

Hey CFL is damn good ball. You get 3 plays to get 10 yards. Whats wrong with that just encourages more of a passing leauge.

You would be suprised the level of football here. It may not be NFL caliber. But its still really good.

Good NFL development leauge. You guys should be more thankful for us. The NFL loves the CFL they have a working agreement on players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast