"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Bonds is a RACIST!

Pujols is NOT!

Bonds is an A$$HOLE!

Pujols is NOT!

Bonds is a CHEATER!

Pujols is NOT!
    LOL nuff said..ever notice the (lack of teamates) who come out to congratulate him ? that in itself says something
    Even his teammates in college hated him!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pujols vs Bonds - Why Pujols

Pujols has NOT EVER been attached to ANYONE who is tainted...unlike Bonds! Each is reaping what he has sown...I have great respect for Pujols. Pujols's name might sound like POO HOLES...but we ALL know who the REAL poohole is!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I am not going to hate on bonds just because people assume he is on the roids. Until he fails a drug test I will give him the respect he deserves.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Why isn't anyone saying Pujols is juiced?

People say, he has a disciplined swing.

The guy is hitting like Bonds did when he got the HR record in a season.

Pujols is a good guy!

Bonds is "the" bad guy!

Bonds may be linked to steroids through someone that was charged with distribution, but he was never caught using steriods.

Why all the hype and hate?

Please feel free to comment on why Pujols gets a pass. There is already a thread to talk about Bonds.

I don't dislike either player.
    Bonds, as you said, is directly connected to a known distributor of steroids and the distributor has even admitted to giving Bonds steroids. There's also the obvious size increase by Bonds...
    Before:

After:

Amazing, huh?

Now to Pujols. The nice guy that everyone seems to like, the opposite of Bonds. Pujols came into the league rocking. Since his entry, he's been known as one of the great players in the game. No people known to be linked into steroids have ever said they supplied him, he's still bashing homeruns like crazy with them using this very thorough testing system, and he's never had a noticable size increase like that of Bonds.
    nice wrist bands with pictures of himself..what a douche..with a head that BIG, lucky it all fit on there !

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    Bonds, as you said, is directly connected to a known distributor of steroids and the distributor has even admitted to giving Bonds steroids. There's also the obvious size increase by Bonds...

Now to Pujols. The nice guy that everyone seems to like, the opposite of Bonds. Pujols came into the league rocking. Since his entry, he's been known as one of the great players in the game. No people known to be linked into steroids have ever said they supplied him, he's still bashing homeruns like crazy with them using this very thorough testing system, and he's never had a noticable size increase like that of Bonds.
    I think inmates get huge from lifting weights, are they on steroids or do they just have a lot os dedication to getting big to scare people off.

Maybe Bonds didn't need steroids to get big, maybe he didn't need them to hit 65 hr instead of 73 hr.

He started hitting 30 plus HR in 1990. When he was "small."

1990 - 33
    1991 - 25
    1992 - 34
    1993 - 46
    1994 - 37
    1995 - 33
    1996 - 42
    1997 - 40
    1998 - 37
    1999 - 34
    2000 - 49
    2001 - 73
    2002 - 46
    2003 - 45
    2004 - 45

Except for one spike, it all looks similar, is the rest of it dedication or steroids.

1. Hank Aaron+ 755 R
    2. Babe Ruth+* 714 L
    3. Barry Bonds* (40) 708 L
    4. Willie Mays+ 660 R
    5. Sammy Sosa (36) 588 R
    6. Frank Robinson+ 586 R
    7. Mark McGwire 583 R
    8. Harmon Killebrew+ 573 R
    9. Rafael Palmeiro* (40) 569 L
    10. Reggie Jackson+* 563 L
    11. Mike Schmidt+ 548 R
    12. Ken Griffey* (35) 536 L
    Mickey Mantle+# 536 B

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    How do we know Pujols juices??? Has he ever been linked to any steroids, any failed tests or anything?
    I don't think he is.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I really don't know if Pujols juices, so until he is linked to steroids or shows some effects of steroids I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Bonds admitted in his grand jury testimony that he used the "cream and the clear" that he got from his trainer, but did it unknowingly. Also, look at the picture from the last page. That should say something too. The evidence is also in his head. There are two ways your head can grow as a grown man: 1) you have acromegaly (which Andre the Giant died of) or 2) you're taking human growth hormone.

Bonds is also directly linked to the Balco investigation AND an entire book was written by two reputable journalists about his steroid use and offered proof of it.

So to me the difference is in the evidence. There is a whole boat load of evidence stacked up against Bonds, whereas there's none against Pujols.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    Pujols weighs in on steroids

excerpt from article:

...Last week, in an interview with reporters in St. Louis, Pujols said, "They can test me every day if they want."

He said then that his friends had heard people say he was on steroids and that he had proved that his success was due to talent and hard work. "I don't need any type of things like that to help my game," Pujols said.

When asked Monday if testers contacted him with the results, Pujols said: "They don't get back to me. Why are they going to get back to me if I pass it?" Pujols also spoke with admiration for Bonds and told a group of reporters that the media was being too harsh on him.

"You guys are already wiping the floor with his (Bonds) name, which is real sad," Pujols said. "That's why I get so angry. The guy works hard. He helps his team win."

Without naming any player in particular, Pujols asked: "Are steroids going to make you better? Who knows? Who knows? You still need to see the ball and hit it."...
    Bingo. Pujols is a class act. The fact that he's not judging anybody just proves that he's not trying to make a huge smokescreen to hide behind. It's not the players' job to judge other players. That's the job of the public - and the HOF committee.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12