Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: PS3 or Xbox 360?

PS3 will be better.

The most powerful character in Final Fantasy history

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Actually, SOCOM 2-3, beat Halo, and they're both on PS2.

PS3 for me! :grin:
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Everyone comments on the price but everything on the 599 PS3 that makes it so much more is worth it.

1) HDMI Interface- In four years analog signals are going to be shut down as mandated by congress and all signals will be in HD. HDMI will be the interface for all TV sets in the future. By incorporating this Sony is ensuring that the PS3 wont be outdated in that time.

2) Memory Stick card readers- PS3 isnt supposed to be just a game console, Sony said they actually want to compete with the computer as a home entertainment device. Surfing the web, DVD movie player, media hub. Card readers allow you to upload pictures, movies that you pull from your digital media and watch it on your TV instead of on a small computer screen. And with the PS3 serving as a hub you can access the PS3 data more safely from a remote location without having to possibly compromise private data that would be stored on a PC

3) Hard Drive- Someone said who would use a 60GB hard drive on a PS3? Since the PS3 is a media hub people will be transferring games, pictures, HD movies to and from the console. Seeing how big HD movies are 60GB might not be big enough.

Theres plenty more to say about the additional stuff added to the PS3 but you can see all of these additions dont make it just a game system. Its more of a home entertainment system. And Sonys head honcho made a great quote about the price which I will paraphrase. 'Everyone one wants to compare a meal price from the factory cafeteria to a meal from a fine restaurant.' Meaning PS3 is expensive but its the quality of the product you are getting. Where are the people who compain that a KIA is so much more expensive than a Ferarri?

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

360 all the way support AMERICA AND ITS A BETTER SYSTEM TO

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"Williamson8211" wrote:
    I never really commented on this, but I think 360 will be better because of these reasons.

1. Much cheaper
    2. Sony has some pointless upgrades that make it so much
    3. Who is gonna use 60 GB for PS3
    4. Halo 3
    5. Xbox 360 is gonna have a update the day after PS3 comes out that will give you a lot of the features PS3 has.
    6. Name one AMAZING GAME that PS3 has had unlike the Xbox, with Halo
    playstations selection is unmatched in the gaming world. (well, besides PC games)

PS3 all the way!!!!

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Actually, SOCOM 2-3, beat Halo, and they're both on PS2.
    Halo 2 online is better than any game hands down.

Another reason is Xbox Live. The best gaming network. Even though you have to pay $50 to use it, it is still bettter than PS2 online

Thank you Josdin for the sig

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    I would say the Xbox 360, but while I worked at Amazon I was surprised to see that there were hardly any games out for the console. Less than 70 after a year out on the stands? That's not many really.
    The 360 has only been out for 7 months, not a year. I would probably go with the 360, but mostly because the originall Xbox is so much better than PS2 in my opinion. I would go with the Xbox game selection, unless you prefer the more asian-styled games, which I don't. I'll take an Oblivion-style RPG over some anime type RPG any day. I basically like to play RPGs and sports games and with Mass Effect as well coming out, I think that I'll end up getting a 360.

All that talk about how the PS3 is superior in hardware is really pointless. From a game developers point of view having to design games that incorporate 7 processors is a pain in the a$$. I mean in reality, both systems are designed to work on HDTV and I doubt that there will be a noticeable difference in graphics. I mean, I'm a student, so it's unlikely I will be able to afford a HDTV+service anytime soon anyway.

I predict that Blu-ray technology will never really catch on anyway.

For the record Halo 2 is probably the best online shooter ever made.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I went with PS3 just because I have both the first and second versions of the playstations.. I will most likely get the new PS3..

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I gave Sony a chance with the PS2 and they absolutely disappointed me. Unless Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid are the two best games ever made, there will be no reason to get a PS3. Here are my reasons.

1. Xbox Live is a perfect system for online play.
    2. You have to buy a game system for the games, and Xbox 360 has better games only coming out for microsoft's system.
    3. Money. I am going to buy a 360 AND and Wii for the price of the PS3

When it all comes down to it, I think the Wii will be the best system out there anyways.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast