Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: PS3 Slim or XBOX 360 Elite?

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I was a X-Box guy and I think the only person I know that didn't get the RROD, how I don't know since my Brother in law has went through 4
    of them. I now have a PS3 and could not be happier. With te exception of Halo( I never really go into any of them) and GOW, alot of my favorite games also came out for PS3, or will come out. Plus I love the Blu-Ray feature. All I know is that Batman Arkham looks absolutely SWEET on the PS3
    DUDE, we NEED to get together and play each other in Madden 10!!!
    I hope you can play him better then you played me. HA HA HA

No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Hardy Har har...

;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

The slim PS3 looks pretty nice. That was the one thing I didn't like about my ps3, it's fricken huge. I did have to send my PS3 in after the blu ray player stopped working.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I have both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Depends what you like. If you like online first person shooter type stuff, definitely go with 360. Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty. If exclusive titles are important to you, research exclusive titles from each console and weigh your lists against each other. 360 has more, but if you're a big MGS guy then it changes everything. Do you need blu ray? PS3 has it. The 360's fan only bothered me when I lived with my parents and had to keep the game volume down at night. Now on my own, I can't even hear the fan.

Personally, I use 360 for most of my gaming and all of my online gaming. I use my PS3 for mostly blu ray, although there are a few titled I want to check out soon.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:
    I have both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Depends what you like. If you like online first person shooter type stuff, definitely go with 360. Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty. If exclusive titles are important to you, research exclusive titles from each console and weigh your lists against each other. 360 has more, but if you're a big MGS guy then it changes everything. Do you need blu ray? PS3 has it. The 360's fan only bothered me when I lived with my parents and had to keep the game volume down at night. Now on my own, I can't even hear the fan.

Personally, I use 360 for most of my gaming and all of my online gaming. I use my PS3 for mostly blu ray, although there are a few titled I want to check out soon.
    Game Glutton.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Why? Because I have two systems?

Or is it because I made a post without mindless praise for one system and mindless hate for another? I guarantee there are people on here that own one system and play 10X or 20X more than I do.

I use one for gaming and the other mostly for blu ray. I have barely played since I started school, which was 3 weeks ago...

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"happy" wrote:

Or is it because I made a post without mindless praise for one system and mindless hate for another? I guarantee there are people on here that own one system and play 10X or 20X more than I do.

I use one for gaming and the other mostly for blu ray. I have barely played since I started school, which was 3 weeks ago...

I don't think he was criticizing you - I think he was being facetious...you know, kidding?

;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"happy" wrote:

Your probably right on. I only have ps3, but I've probably played 100 hours in the last month of just Tiger Woods 10.
    I do have an original xbox(not 360) that I had a 250gb hard drive put into along with about 40 bootlegged movies and games, since I currently don't have cable(or a converter box) I have been using it every night to watch movies in my room.

I bought the 360 for my son and he absolutley loves it. Me on the other hand am sick of the crappy equipment, mics, controllers cords. The games I play are nice quality but as a system, it is pretty crappy. Only 2 months after I got it, it completely stopped reading games. I had to unplug it and restart it anytime I wanted to play a different game. The price i pay for my live and my sons is 40 every 3 months so ive added 120 dollars into it already. We decided we are going to get the ps3 and if we like it we figure we will stick with it and sell off the 360.

40 bucks for 3 months of live???

You can go to wal mart and get a card that is 50 bucks for 12 months + 1 month free = 13 months. That is less than 4 bucks a month to essentially extend the life of the games you already bought your son. If you look online hard enough, my buddy got the exact same card for 30 bucks (buy.com I think he said).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast