Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

PS3 Slim or XBOX 360 Elite?

Hey all with the new PS3 slim making its debut soon I am thinking of buying it. Since it is only 299$ compared to 399$ of the 360. The drawback i see is the limited amount of games for the PS3 compared to the XBOX. I've played the 360 and really like it... those of you with a PS3 would you recommend it or should i pass?

-E-

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: PS3 Slim or XBOX 360 Elite?

"erik5032" wrote:
    Hey all with the new PS3 slim making its debut soon I am thinking of buying it. Since it is only 299$ compared to 399$ of the 360. The drawback i see is the limited amount of games for the PS3 compared to the XBOX. I've played the 360 and really like it... those of you with a PS3 would you recommend it or should i pass?

-E-
    I'd go with the PS3 slim. But thats just me I have always stuck with PS.
    xbox really never grew on me
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

PS3 hands down... video and audio features are considerably better, not to mention the xbox360 doesn't have natural 1080i or 1080p capabilities and is forced to scale upwards... depending on what game genre's you like the PS3 has some awsome titles coming up, one of which being DC Universe Online

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I went xbox for the price, but if I had the choice, I'd go ps3.

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    PS3 hands down... video and audio features are considerably better, not to mention the xbox360 doesn't have natural 1080i or 1080p capabilities and is forced to scale upwards... depending on what game genre's you like the PS3 has some awsome titles coming up, one of which being DC Universe Online
    I've never owned a xbox, it doesnt come with built in HDMI?

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Blog Entries

"vegasvike" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    no, it comes with HD cables, but no HD audio, and it doesn't support natural 1080p.
    Not to mention, for the price of an xbox 360 elite, you can get a ps3 with an essentially free blu-ray player.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    no, it comes with HD cables, but no HD audio, and it doesn't support natural 1080p.
    Not to mention, for the price of an xbox 360 elite, you can get a ps3 with an essentially free blu-ray player.
    ok got it now.
    yeah the blu ray is a good plus

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

MGS4, God of War 3, Gran Turismo, Blu Ray, superior AV capabilities, and free online makes me regret my 360 decision of a few years back.

I think I'm gonna hold off on purchasing madden for 360, buy the slim when it comes out, then buy madden and MGS4.

Only problem is, if I buy mgs4 I'm going to be absorbed for about a week, school starts the 1st, oh well, first week of classes are BS anyway.

Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    MGS4, God of War 3, Gran Turismo, Blu Ray, superior AV capabilities, and free online makes me regret my 360 decision of a few years back.

I think I'm gonna hold off on purchasing madden for 360, buy the slim when it comes out, then buy madden and MGS4.

Only problem is, if I buy mgs4 I'm going to be absorbed for about a week, school starts the 1st, oh well, first week of classes are BS anyway.
    Yeah, I'm somewhat regretting the 360 choice, after paying for Live, I'm nearly at the price of a ps3.
    Add the constant threat of a redring, and 360 isn't really a good choice

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Wow the hate on the 360 is thick in this topic. I have a 360 and I love it. yes I have been red-ringed, but the game variety is way more than the PS3 and also has more users, meaning more changes for games online.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast