Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Product Replacement Plans?!

So I bought a nice MP3 player a couple months ago and bought a "product replacement plan". I brought it in today to get a replacement because the screen was all messed up. They told me is was not covered under the plan because it was not normal wear and tear. I am not very happy. It was $250 and now I am fucked. These plans are a joke and I will never buy one again.

Re: Product Replacement Plans?!

With those plans, almost everything is covered but the screen. Doesn't matter the cost, brand, store. Imagine buying a flat screen worth thousands, and it isn't covered, or a laptop. With laptops, sometimes batteries are covered,and screens aren't. It's crazy. There are plenty of places that will replace screens, besides potentially finding the same item for parts. Takes a little research, but it can be done. Obviously it sucks even more, being that you bought it only a few weeks ago.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    With those plans, almost everything is covered but the screen. Doesn't matter the cost, brand, store. Imagine buying a flat screen worth thousands, and it isn't covered, or a laptop. With laptops, sometimes batteries are covered,and screens aren't. It's crazy. There are plenty of places that will replace screens, besides potentially finding the same item for parts. Takes a little research, but it can be done. Obviously it sucks even more, being that you bought it only a few weeks ago.
    My Apple Ipod Touch's screen just died and it was replaced by apple I don't buy an MP3 Player that isn't an Apple because i have been screwed by other MP3 Player companies.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I buy a replacement plan for all expensive electronic toys.

I had an MP3 player, not ipod, that broke. I sent it in and Best Buy sent me store credit for the price I paid. So with the store credit I bought a new model. Furthermore, the newer model was less expensive than the credit I received. So I basically upgraded for free and got free additional store credit.

But those plans are supposed to cover nearly everything. What was the damage to your MP3 player?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy" wrote:

I had an MP3 player, not ipod, that broke. I sent it in and Best Buy sent me store credit for the price I paid. So with the store credit I bought a new model. Furthermore, the newer model was less expensive than the credit I received. So I basically upgraded for free and got free additional store credit.

But those plans are supposed to cover nearly everything. What was the damage to your MP3 player?
    The screen is all messed up. Like when you press on a LCD screen and it gets all discolored.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

The screen is all messed up. Like when you press on a LCD screen and it gets all discolored.
    Did you drop it? or fall on it or anything... it really depends on if it died by itself or if you did something like drop it etc...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Did you call the customer service line?

That is definitely the avenue I would take next if taking it to the store did not work.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Never get the plan. If it breaks, it is usually not covered.
    We're bringing purple back.

"erik5032" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Did you drop it? or fall on it or anything... it really depends on if it died by itself or if you did something like drop it etc...
    I use it for working out so it is possible.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Did you contact the manufacturer? All products should be covered by a warranty of up to 2 years. They will charge you a service fee (usually call it a processing fee, maybe $25), but it's much cheaper than trashing it. They will look it over and send you a replacement (possibly used, but in good condition). I have done this with
    all of my mp3 players at least once. Not sure if they cover broken LCD screens, but it's worth a try to call them and tell them how much you like their products, etc. Good luck.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast