ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The Pride of North Dakota

All you North Dakotans (and Minnesotans) we have an athlete to really be proud of! I am sure you have heard of him, but this week his is tearing the cover of the ball! It is none other than Jamestown ND native Travis Hafner...aka: Pronk!

He has had a Home Run is 6 consecutive games; 7 total! The Tribe is making a huge push and may be considered the hottest team in baseball now! The White Sox were so far ahead; now their lead has dwindled to 1 1/2 games coming into tonight! I guarantee he is the AL Player of the week! Not including tonight (where he went yard again), he is 9 for 19, 6 HR's, 16 RBI's, and 8 runs. Impressive!

I have seen quite a few games of the Indians and Hafner is the real deal! I love seeing athletes come from small town America and do really well! He is a great guy too! Makes me proud to be one of the few...a North Dakotan!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6980

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2168811

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Pride of North Dakota

Hafner is on a tear and ultra did you know him back in your NoDak days?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Hafner is on a tear and ultra did you know him back in your NoDak days?
    Nope, did not know him. He is 3 year younger than I.

But, I was friends with 2 NHL players; we went to High School together and hung out.

Jason Blake
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1895

Matt Cullen
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1657

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

lol....I knew a kid named Matt Cullen! He's a wuss and not an NHL player, but thats purdy cool that they got the exact same name...lol. Kinda like John Madden the announcer and John Madden the hockey player....weird how that works...wonder if there's someone out there with my exact name (first and last anyways)

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

vikesfan353 is offline Starter

Matt Cullen originaly hails from my town, Virginia, MN, where his father (Terry) was the best high school hockey coach the town had ever seen! However, the politicians ousted him, because he was too good! The family then moved to Moorhead where his dad took over their hockey team! Anybody who follows hs hockey knows that Moorhead is one of the states elite with at least a few state titles! Fricken politicians!!!!!! Anyway, I do believe that Matt went to St Cloud State on a hockey scholarship then was drafted by the Mighty Ducks!
    For every question an answer! For every answer a why?

"vikesfan353" wrote:
    Matt Cullen originaly hails from my town, Virginia, MN, where his father (Terry) was the best high school hockey coach the town had ever seen! However, the politicians ousted him, because he was too good! The family then moved to Moorhead where his dad took over their hockey team! Anybody who follows hs hockey knows that Moorhead is one of the states elite with at least a few state titles! Fricken politicians!!!!!! Anyway, I do believe that Matt went to St Cloud State on a hockey scholarship then was drafted by the Mighty Ducks!
    You are correct sir!

I graduated from Moorhead in 1993. The Spuds were awesome my junior year. I believe we were 2nd in State and in the top 5 in the nation. Matt was a year younger than I.

And yes...my High School was the Moorhead Spuds! :lol:

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

A friend of mine from high school taught Hafner in class and coached him in baseball