Frostbite is offline Coach

Practical Joker/s In your Circle of Family/Friends

So....I'd like a story or two from you all about the funny guy/gal of the family, or a close friend...you know...The Joker that plays tricks on you at the Holidays, etc. I have been told every family has one, or as the old saying states, "There's a Joker in every crowd".

My uncle Ray (Super Guy) was the one in my family. He was also pulling practical jokes, especially on me and my siblings all the time. One year when I was about 6 years old we were at his house for Thanksgiving Dinner. There were about 14 family members gathered that year...6 children ranging from 4-8 years old.

Ray had the biggest Turkey I had ever seen. He made it a point to have it out on top of the stove where all of us could get a good look at it before he put it into the oven. He put it in and told us "Ok everybody...it's going to be about 3 hours now until dinner will be ready.

Some of the adults were watching Football on TV....some were playing scrabble, and all of us kids were outside playing in the yard. Time flys when you are a kid at play and before I knew it Uncle Ray was calling us all in for Thanksgiving dinner.

Once inside he called us all into the kitchen where he was about to take the Enormous Turkey out of the Oven. He put on his oven mits, opened tha oven door and pulled out the Bird of Honor. We couldn't believe our eyes...where the Gigantic Turkey was supposed to be was now a very tiny Turkey. With our mouths and eyes wide open in amazment uncle Ray looked at all of us kids there and said..."Oh No... Looks like I cooked it to long and had the heat up to high".
    The adults played along and you never saw a more disappointed bunch of kids anywhere. I kept thinking to myself.."How are we all going to be able to get enough to eat with that small of a Turkey. Stupid Oven!... ruined our Thanksgiving dinner". Of course Uncle Ray had replaced the Turkey with a Rock Cornish Game Hen...with all the timmings. After a good laugh about our reaction to the staged disaster he confessed to the crime, and brought out the real (Cooked) Turkey and Trimmings we had seen earlier in the day.

He continued to do these type of stunts/practical jokes his entire life.

I never will forget that. Thinking back it was one of the funniest moments in my life.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Practical Joker/s In your Circle of Family/Friends

Does "pull my finger" count?
    I have an uncle infamous for that one... cleared the room with every pull too... my God...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Yep....That counts and yes...that would clear most rooms I bet.

Cheers!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Too many to count.

My favorite was when an asshat got drunk in college and we put him on a plane to Seattle with no wallet, no money, nothing....one-way ticket.
    He woke up from being passed out and didn't know where the hell he was.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

That's priceless Prophet......Nice. ;D

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    Too many to count.

My favorite was when an asshat got drunk in college and we put him on a plane to Seattle with no wallet, no money, nothing....one-way ticket.
    That is absolutely hilarious.... wow, the good ol' days when you could do that stuff.

So Prophet, what ever ended up happening to the guy.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Too many to count.

That is absolutely hilarious.... wow, the good ol' days when you could do that stuff.

So Prophet, what ever ended up happening to the guy.
    I was high on the list of suspects, so he called me and asked what happened.
    I said I think you can figure that out by yourself.
    He had plenty of time to think, because he hitchhiked back to MN and missed a week of classes.
    He ended up, not because of this incident, but, because he's an idiot, flunking out of school.
    He took a little time off and went back and is now a lawyer in the Twin Cities.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

HAHAHAHA...Man alive...that's a great story Prophet.

Thanks

Cheers!