Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: PP.O Sets Traffic Records

Yes, I think its time to go to a two server configuration for the first time ever.
    The season will just get busier.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    It was a struggle at times this weekend to post my useless drivel but all in all the server wasn't totally unusable.

Congrats on the hits Webby.
    You do a great job.
    Are you trying to sniff your way to a new vest?
    Naw, I just live Webby side of life every day with site issues and the whiners assocaited with issues on those sites.

Suffice it to say I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for all owners/operaters/maintainers of web sites.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    It was a struggle at times this weekend to post my useless drivel but all in all the server wasn't totally unusable.

You do a great job.
    Naw, I just live Webby side of life every day with site issues and the whiners assocaited with issues on those sites.

Suffice it to say I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for all owners/operaters/maintainers of web sites.

;D
    Well, and the site has been specifically under attack for 3 days by some groups trying to bring it down...not publicizing it much as we didn't want to alert anybody about what we were doing until we had the case built to move forward on my special brew of justice.
    Its been interesting.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You do a great job.

;D
    Well, and the site has been specifically under attack for 3 days by some groups trying to bring it down...not publicizing it much as we didn't want to alert anybody about what we were doing until we had the case built to move forward on my special brew of justice.
    Its been interesting.
    Wankers !!

hope when the time is right you'll update us on the who, whys and what happened when they got their ass kicked.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You do a great job.

;D

Its been interesting.
    I was watching the numbers yesterday and thinking to myself, "Self, I think we have a problem."

Very smart move my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You do a great job.

;D

Its been interesting.
    I was watching the numbers yesterday and thinking to myself, "Self, I think we have a problem."

The way they were hitting it wouldn't even move those online numbers specifically....we were slightly above average for online users, but the actual load of demand on the server was much higher due to their hijinks.
    But of course again, the site survived just like I trained it at Vest Camp for Young Websites and she has remembered her lessons.

Of course, to rile the pot, I will say I am casting suspicious glances over at that godawful ugly packer place...since they got interested in spewing their brand of insanity (comes the constant clash of puke green and yellow vomit colors...can't say I blame them) some script kiddies started hitting the site, incorrectly thinking they were anonymous....hmmmmmmmm?

;D

just kidding, ya Favre-stick tilting crackpots.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44484.msg770803#msg770803 date=1209388660]

You do a great job.

;D

Its been interesting.

The way they were hitting it wouldn't even move those online numbers specifically....we were slightly above average for online users, but the actual load of demand on the server was much higher due to their hijinks.

But of course again, the site survived just like I trained it at Vest Camp for Young Websites and she has remembered her lessons.

Of course, to rile the pot, I will say I am casting suspicious glances over at that godawful ugly packer place...since they got interested in spewing their brand of insanity (comes the constant clash of puke green and yellow vomit colors...can't say I blame them) some script kiddies started hitting the site, incorrectly thinking they were anonymous....hmmmmmmmm?

;D

[/quote]

I love it when you get Evil.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44484.msg770803#msg770803 date=1209388660]

You do a great job.

;D

Its been interesting.

;D

[/quote]
    Thats what I was thinking.
    Way to many flood problems without the numbers.
    Always the first indicator.

No one is anonymous if you have the right tools and techniques in place my friend.
    I am sure you are aware of what I speak.
    ;D

We see it a bunch were I work (obviously).

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Webby" wrote:
    Way to go folks!

Love to see so much Viking pride and team faith even in the offseason.

We have topped over 8,000,000 hits so far in April, and over 3,000,000 this week alone.

SKOL!
    Thank you to everyone for continuing to call PPO home on the net as we work tirelessly to improve it based upon your requests.

See you at Training Camp!
    That would be worth some serious money to advertisers.
    You need to cash in.
    I don't think anyone here would complain to see an advertisement or two on here.
    We all know how much you've spent over the years to keep this going.
    Besides, diapers are expensive.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

KevinK is offline Starter

I have been on the site for about a year now and feel like its my new home. Thank you Webby for all of your hard work. KevinK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast