Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    As a recent new member, and never been active in any chat-type discussions on the web, I find this site to be interestingly addicting.

    You scan the topics, give your input, laugh, cry, yell, or sigh, and then sign off.

    But you're not really gone because . . . you'll be back.

    Kind of reminds me of the HOTEL CALIFORNIA as performed by the EAGLES where you can checkout . . . but you can never leave!

    :adore:

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  2. #2
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    In a dark home office, cool wind in my hair
    Warm smell of some coffee, rising up through the air
    Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering site
    My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night
    There she stood in the shout block;
    I heard the mouse's click
    And I was thinking to myself,
    'Is this a Vikes fan, or is it some hick?'
    Then she wrote up a new post, and she showed me the way
    There were members in the clubhouse,
    I thought I saw them say...

    Welcome to the Hotel Minnesota
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely place (background)
    Such a lovely face
    Plenty of room at the Hotel Minnesota
    Any time of year
    Any time of year (background)
    You can find it here
    You can find it here

    Her mind is Tiffany twisted
    She's got the Mercedes bends
    She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
    That she calls friends
    How they post in the forums
    Sweet summer sweat
    Some post to remember
    Some post to forget

    So I called up the Cajun
    'Please bring me my wine'
    He said
    'I haven't had that spirit here since 1969'
    And still those members are calling from far away,
    Wake you up in the middle of the night
    Just to hear them say...

    Welcome to the Hotel Minnesota
    Such a lovely Place
    Such a lovely Place (background)
    Such a lovely face
    They're livin' it up at the Hotel Minnesota
    What a nice surprise
    What a nice surprise (background)
    Bring your alibies

    Free Beer on the ceiling,
    New posts still on Tice
    And she said
    'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
    And in Webmaster's chambers,
    They gathered for a snack
    They stab it with their steely knives,
    as they work to trash the Pack.

    Last thing I remember,
    I was running for the door
    I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
    'Relax' said the nightman,
    We are programed to recieve.
    You can logout any time you like,
    But you can never leave!

  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    Not only does Josdin steal my shtick, but he makes me the butler to boot!!!

    Beware of the steely knives, Josdin!!! :twisted:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    Cajun, you know how many time you just beat me to posting song lyrics? I've been try to get in on this shtick for a while now. (And "Cajun" fit so nicely in place of "captain" that I just had to do it.)

  5. #5
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    Here it is, right here at PP.O

    Hotel Dome

  6. #6
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    "josdin00" wrote:
    In a dark home office, cool wind in my hair
    Warm smell of some coffee, rising up through the air
    Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering site
    My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night
    There she stood in the shout block;
    I heard the mouse's click
    And I was thinking to myself,
    'Is this a Vikes fan, or is it some hick?'
    Then she wrote up a new post, and she showed me the way
    There were members in the clubhouse,
    I thought I saw them say...

    Welcome to the Hotel Minnesota
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely place (background)
    Such a lovely face
    Plenty of room at the Hotel Minnesota
    Any time of year
    Any time of year (background)
    You can find it here
    You can find it here

    Her mind is Tiffany twisted
    She's got the Mercedes bends
    She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
    That she calls friends
    How they post in the forums
    Sweet summer sweat
    Some post to remember
    Some post to forget

    So I called up the Cajun
    'Please bring me my wine'
    He said
    'I haven't had that spirit here since 1969'
    And still those members are calling from far away,
    Wake you up in the middle of the night
    Just to hear them say...

    Welcome to the Hotel Minnesota
    Such a lovely Place
    Such a lovely Place (background)
    Such a lovely face
    They're livin' it up at the Hotel Minnesota
    What a nice surprise
    What a nice surprise (background)
    Bring your alibies

    Free Beer on the ceiling,
    New posts still on Tice
    And she said
    'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
    And in Webmaster's chambers,
    They gathered for a snack
    They stab it with their steely knives,
    as they work to trash the Pack.

    Last thing I remember,
    I was running for the door
    I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
    'Relax' said the nightman,
    We are programed to recieve.
    You can logout any time you like,
    But you can never leave!
    :wav:

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  7. #7
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    Welcome to the dome in Minnesota....

    Prior to this forum I had never done much posting, with the exception of 150 or 200 posts over at the Star Wars forum (lol), but this site has had me addicted for over a year now. It's awesome how much of a community this place is.

  8. #8
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Welcome to the dome in Minnesota....

    Prior to this forum I had never done much posting, with the exception of 150 or 200 posts over at the Star Wars forum (lol), but this site has had me addicted for over a year now. It's awesome how much of a community this place is.
    I had joined in Oct., but had never posted. Then I met Cajun and a couple others at the Baltimore game. No more needs to be said, just look at my posts since Christmas! Very nice community.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    "josdin00" wrote:
    Cajun, you know how many time you just beat me to posting song lyrics? I've been try to get in on this shtick for a while now. (And "Cajun" fit so nicely in place of "captain" that I just had to do it.)
    Just joshin' with you, Josdin...:lol:

    Joshin' Josdin (tweet tweet tweet)
    Joshin' Josdin (tweet tweet tweet)
    I'm joshin' Josdin and I'm really gonna josh him tonight!

    :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: PP.O is the "Hotel California"

    didn't know PPO was a lame song.....j/k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Not happy about hotel situation!
    By Mark_The_Viking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 05:40 AM
  2. Looking to split the cost of a hotel room
    By singersp in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 11:41 AM
  3. Arizona game hotel rooms
    By canfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 06:01 PM
  4. Steelers hotel demands leaked
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 06:23 PM
  5. Viking Hotel Info
    By toddh23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 11:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •