Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PP.O Advice

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: PP.O Advice

"Del" wrote:
    A while back someone on here perhaps Mnjamie.....not sure though managed to abuse a bill collector who was wrongfully harrassing him I would like to attempt to do the same any advice is appreciated.

Here is the situation:

For about 6 months we have been getting these calls from some law firm mostly recordings telling us to call them back regarding our financial obligations. Every once and a while it is a real person.

The problem is they are calling for someone else. I tell them I am not the person they are trying to reach and that they do not reside at my house, but they keep calling. They will call at night, the morning, afternoon...doesn't matter.

Someone must have purposely given out the wrong number when filling out something because apparently they are in serious debt and do not want to be contacted. I have had this # for 7 years and do not want to change it. The company is in Utah so I could drive there if needed.

I read a complaint page about the company and this one lady tried all sorts of legal action but she didnt want to give her real name to anyone so it fizzled out and she ended up changing her phone number. There are about 25 stories all the same, people being harassed mistakenly and ending up changing their number.

I give them hell until they hang up on me now just hoping I made someone cry. I want to get it to stop though so someone figure it out and hook me up lol.
    Del, pm me a phone # where I can contact you at.
    I have this Thur. and Friday off, so we could have it corrected by the weekend, trust me....
    ;D

You can report them to the Atty General of your state and the next time they call you can direct them to call there and give them your case #, you can tell them they are in violation of the federal "Do Not Call" list, you can ask them for the address where they receive service processing ... which the person always says, "Ummm, what's that?" and you say "Papers to sue your a$$!", that one always works.
    But mostly, when they skip traced and got your ph#, they should have removed it by law after the second time you told them they had the wrong ph#.
    Also, by law, they can only call between 8am and 10pm in the time zone in which you live.

There are a million ways, but these are the most effective when you get a live decision maker on the phone (ie: manager, VP, etc.) ... then use the above referenced "tools" ... it will end after that.
    If your dealing w\ a peon dialing the phone all day whose bonus check is directly related to collecting the debt, they are gonna push it as far as they can.

Another way, inform them in writing and SIGNED on the bottom that you only want to be contacted by written correspondance .... no more phone calls.
    They call one more time after they have received the letter, tape it and you have millions in a law suit.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    A while back someone on here perhaps Mnjamie.....not sure though managed to abuse a bill collector who was wrongfully harrassing him I would like to attempt to do the same any advice is appreciated.

Here is the situation:

For about 6 months we have been getting these calls from some law firm mostly recordings telling us to call them back regarding our financial obligations. Every once and a while it is a real person.

The problem is they are calling for someone else. I tell them I am not the person they are trying to reach and that they do not reside at my house, but they keep calling. They will call at night, the morning, afternoon...doesn't matter.

Someone must have purposely given out the wrong number when filling out something because apparently they are in serious debt and do not want to be contacted. I have had this # for 7 years and do not want to change it. The company is in Utah so I could drive there if needed.

I read a complaint page about the company and this one lady tried all sorts of legal action but she didnt want to give her real name to anyone so it fizzled out and she ended up changing her phone number. There are about 25 stories all the same, people being harassed mistakenly and ending up changing their number.

I give them hell until they hang up on me now just hoping I made someone cry. I want to get it to stop though so someone figure it out and hook me up lol.
    I have this Thur. and Friday off, so we could have it corrected by the weekend, trust me....
    ;D

You can report them to the Atty General of your state and the next time they call you can direct them to call there and give them your case #, you can tell them they are in violation of the federal "Do Not Call" list, you can ask them for the address where they receive service processing ... which the person always says, "Ummm, what's that?" and you say "Papers to sue your a$$!", that one always works.
    But mostly, when they skip traced and got your ph#, they should have removed it by law after the second time you told them they had the wrong ph#.
    Also, by law, they can only call between 8am and 10pm in the time zone in which you live.

There are a million ways, but these are the most effective when you get a live decision maker on the phone (ie: manager, VP, etc.) ... then use the above referenced "tools" ... it will end after that.
    If your dealing w\ a peon dialing the phone all day whose bonus check is directly related to collecting the debt, they are gonna push it as far as they can.

Another way, inform them in writing and SIGNED on the bottom that you only want to be contacted by written correspondance .... no more phone calls.
    They call one more time after they have received the letter, tape it and you have millions in a law suit.

hey del when you sue these bastards and become a millionare dont forget your old pal WOO
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Here is the situation:

;D

Sic 'em, jamie!!!

Yeah...that isn't legal advice either!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Bro...you like 6'5" 270 or so.

Settle it the old fashion way.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I take it getting rid of your phone and getting carrier pigeons isn't an option .

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Looks like I get some fruit, this was from his main minion.

Dear sir,

Mr. Bennett has asked me to follow up with you regarding the unwanted phone calls to your residence.
    Would you please provide me with the phone number that we are calling so that I can get that put on our do not call list promptly. We would also like to send you a fruit basket, or if you rather you could come and pick it up.

I apologize for your inconvenience and hope to resolve this issue for you quickly!

Regards,

Tony Black

Collections Department Head

Bennett DeLoney & Noyes, P.C.

LOL!
    Fruit, that makes it all better.

Hopefully it is over at that.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

C'mon guys, is physical harm really the answer??!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567