Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PP.O Advice

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PP.O Advice

"Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I give them hell until they hang up on me now just hoping I made someone cry. I want to get it to stop though so someone figure it out and hook me up lol.
    Here's some things I would try:

Call them first.
    Every day at the same time, call the office.
    Demand to speak with a partner.
    When you get ahold of a partner, ask that person, politely, to stop calling you, since they do not have the correct phone number on file.
    When they fail to respond in a manner which satisfies you (because they won't) scream obscenities into the phone and hang up.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

Gather the names of all the partners at the firm.
    Post them here.
    We will gather the personal information for each of them and post that here.
    Set up a phone tree where, every hour starting at 10pm local time, each partner gets a phone call from a PPO member, demanding to know why they are harassing you.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

If that fails, post that information to every internet forum you can find, along with your story, and encourage people to contact those partners to find out why they haven't resolved your issue.

Call the press and get them involved.
    At least one of the local media outlets will be all over this story of every day people being harassed by lawyers.

=Z=
    My only concern is this is a law office. So could they sue me for harrassment? LOL, they have access to lawyers that I do not.
    The first three were really not true options - other than maybe the first one.
    #4, OTOH, is a great one, IMHO.

You should also contact the state BAR association and file a complaint, as well as contacting the state attorney general's office and doing the same.
    You aren't powerless in this, which is what they want you to believe.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    start with the letter telling them to S/Desist..

then move on with the lawyer part..

while layer's take their time.. use random pay phones in other areas to call them and leave nasty recording about knowning where they live and
    rump beating they will get for messing with you.

if all that fails..

toss bags of packer poo in the back seats of their cars..

DiGiTaL
    Sounds like a letter is the way to go, I better get that going. Will it still work if I am an obnoxious donkey butt that is rude beyond belief or does it need to be official.
    The letter route is the most civil way to go...but you also need to document EVERYTHING (notes, phone recordings, copies of your letter requests for them to stop calling) that has and will transpire.
    That way, IF they try to do something to you via the courts (which won't happen), you can have your evidence ready to tell your side of the story.

Disclaimer: Of course, since I am not licensed to practice law in Utah, this is not officially legal advice, so don't consider it as such!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I give them hell until they hang up on me now just hoping I made someone cry. I want to get it to stop though so someone figure it out and hook me up lol.

Call them first.
    When you get ahold of a partner, ask that person, politely, to stop calling you, since they do not have the correct phone number on file.
    When they fail to respond in a manner which satisfies you (because they won't) scream obscenities into the phone and hang up.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

Post them here.
    Set up a phone tree where, every hour starting at 10pm local time, each partner gets a phone call from a PPO member, demanding to know why they are harassing you.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

If that fails, post that information to every internet forum you can find, along with your story, and encourage people to contact those partners to find out why they haven't resolved your issue.

At least one of the local media outlets will be all over this story of every day people being harassed by lawyers.

=Z=
    My only concern is this is a law office. So could they sue me for harrassment? LOL, they have access to lawyers that I do not.

You should also contact the state BAR association and file a complaint, as well as contacting the state attorney general's office and doing the same.

=Z=
    This is definitely true...threatening someone's livelihood always works well.

AGAIN...

Disclaimer: Of course, since I am not licensed to practice law in Utah, this is not officially legal advice, so don't consider it as such!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Call them first.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

Post them here.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

=Z=

=Z=
    See the review I read from the lady said she contacted the state bar and they wanted her to file an official complaint but for some reason she didnt want to give them her name and ssn, so she never did it.

I was wondering if someone followed through if it would help.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Call them first.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

Post them here.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

=Z=

=Z=
    This is definitely true...threatening someone's livelihood always works well.

AGAIN...

That disclaimer is saving your ass I was about to consider your advice legal council from a guy I have never met who says he is a lawyer.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    See the review I read from the lady said she contacted the state bar and they wanted her to file an official complaint but for some reason she didnt want to give them her name and ssn, so she never did it.

Do you have a link to that review?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Do we all need disclaimers or is it just understood?
    Just in case....

Disclaimer: I am an asshole that gives advice that I want others to follow through with so I can laugh at them.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Do you have a link to that review?

=Z=
    Yeah let me get track it down and post it here.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If you send a letter have a lawyer send it for you on stationary with a legal letter head.
    When you send it send documentation that shows that the phone number is your number not the person they are looking for.

WWBGD

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

They can't contact you more than once a day.
    If they do, document it. If you can hang up and get them to call you back a second time, that is it.

They can't call you names or verbally abuse you.

Send Certified Mail a Cease Contact Letter to President or Owner of Company or the Agent of Record.
    This is proof that they have rcvd your complaint.

If they don't stop, right another letter and tell them you will sue them.

Harassment calls are worth $1,000.00

If you just want it to stop, the certified mail should do the trick. I got this info from my friend who was the winner of two of these $1,000 checks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast