Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

A POTUS Band nerd update!

Some of you may remember in january when i was telling about my almost venture into the texas all-state band (i was only 7 chairs out of 250 away!!) this is yet another band update...

in order to understand anything I am about to type, a few band terms need to be taught:

-horn: the music talk, which is short for the insturment the French Horn

-sight reading: looking at a piece of music for 10 minutes, and playing it for the first time in front of a panal of judges

-the I, II, III, IV, V rating system: the way bands are ranked... I is superior, II is excellent.. everything after that means you suck

OK.. now that that is cleared up.. I'd like to tell you all about my intense band day.

So it was contest day, and we had to do two things: perform 3 prepared songs in the 'concert' part of the contest, then 'sightread' a piece for a rating.. combine the two ratings to get your overall rating.
    For the concert, our three pieces oncluded a march (called Inglesina), an amazing pice called the Hounds of Spring (an amazing song for good horn players), and a famous pice by shostakovich called festive overture.... well to say the least, its the hardest show for contest we've ever attempted.. there were doubts of what our rating would be all year.. (anything but a I really sucks.. caus you dont get a cool trophy)

anyways.. long story short.. the march went good.. the Hounds of Spring went amazing!! (i think it was the horn players.. <cough cough me> that made it amazing).. and the scary pice was festive overture.. would the trumpets crack the notes or not!?!?!?!?!?! it went beautifully....

so what i'm trying to say here..is that i had a good day...

we got a I overall.. which means we're good until next year..
    but now that this whole band competition is over.. only two more things on my hobby list to do:
    -prepare for the next contest (state solo and ensemble contest.. in may)
    -post on the forum
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: A POTUS Band nerd update!

SKOL!

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: A POTUS Band nerd update!

thanks webby..

i know it seems like i'm on my little soap box.. but the band knows all about the forum (most of them are cowboys fans though), so i figure i should tell the forum a little bit abot the bad
    i m better than you, so just give up...