Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Porter's Pit bulls kill a horse.

POSTED 8:32 p.m. EDT, September 20, 2006

PORTER'S PIT BULLS KILL MINI-BARBARO
    pft.com

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter had something to deal with on Tuesday other than his team's piss-poor performance on Monday night in Jacksonville.

Two of Porter's pit bulls escaped from his property, ran to a nearby farm, and killed a horse.

Okay, it was a miniature horse.
    But it was still a horse.

Authorities plan to file charges against Porter for harboring unsafe dogs and failing to confine his dogs.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Porter's Pit bulls kill a horse.

Specifically, these dogs accompanied farmers into the fields to assist with bringing bulls in for breeding, castration, or slaughter. The dogs, known generally as bulldogs, protected the farmer by subduing the bull if it attempted to gore him. Typically a dog would do this by biting the bull on the nose and holding on until the bull submitted. Because of the nature of their job, bulldogs were bred to have powerful, muscular bodies, and the resolve to hold onto a violently-struggling bull, even when injured

First off he's probably lucky these dogs didn'g kill someone.
    Second off these dogs were bred to take down large animals like bulls. If he can't spend enough time with his dogs to keep them from taking down a HORSE then he shouldn't have the damn things. In some communities it is illegal to own one because they are dangerous.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I agree. Don't own the dog if you can't keep it under control.
    IMO it should be illegal to even breed these mutts.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

He should get jailtime.
    I hate that mothertrucker.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

That reminds me, I should get some bulldogs that I can unleash on some chickens, cats and solicitors (and the people who machete'd my car tires twice). Or a shotgun.

Json is offline GM

I am an owner of two pitbulls.
    I have a very biased opinion about the breed and think it's just stupid for people to state that these dogs should not be bred, and should be banned.
    I laugh at stupidity.

Hears an example I always use for people that are against the breed of pitbulls, rotweillers, etc.
    Lets say a year ago you had a black person steal your car stereo out of your car or you where beat up by a black person for really no reason. Now would you think it is fair to put all black people in jail?
    Would it be fair to kill all black people and ban them from your community?
    This can work for white, yellow, brown, orange, grey, and or any other colored person but you get the point.

I have read many articles about pitbulls, I have other friends with some pitbulls, and I promise that these dogs are not bad because of breed.
    These dogs are bad because of the deed of the owner.
    Pitubulls are one of the most loyal dogs you'll ever meet.
    They do anything they can to please there owner.
    Thats all there life is about, is to make sure there owner is happy.
    This can work against the breed in a drastic way because thugs, young inmature punks, and irresponsible people that get there hands on these dogs and use them for all the wrong reasons.
    I have met people that I know that do stupid things with these dogs and it makes me sick.
    I call them on it at all times.
    I as an owner of this breed have a responsiblity to change the opinions of the uneducated haters that just hate on things that they do not understand.
    I will not pull up stats of dog bites etc and I will not say that pitbulls do not hurt others at times, but I will say that it's the deed not the breed and nobody will ever change my opinion for the sole purpose that I have been around pitbulls for over 10 years.

Please open your eyes when it comes to the breeds.
    The way to fix these issues is by enforcing the laws and/or making the laws very harsh for the owners of these pets that cause problems.
    They need to be punished in every sense of the word.
    As I stated above it makes me sick to think that people get these dogs and neglect them because the consequences can be horrific.
    Joey Porter is a prime example of this happening.
    It's a sad day for the pitbull family because it's one more negative story about the breed which makes the naysayers come out the woodworks to cry foul.
    it's a shame.

I have never owned a pit bull, but I believe as whole all dogs are as good as their trainers.
    Some dogs have tendencies, such as aggression, like the pit bull, but when raised correctly any dog can be a good dog.
    We can solve poverty today.

Del Rio Guest

"Json" wrote:
    I am an owner of two pitbulls.
    I have a very biased opinion about the breed and think it's just stupid for people to state that these dogs should not be bred, and should be banned.
    I laugh at stupidity.

Hears an example I always use for people that are against the breed of pitbulls, rotweillers, etc.
    Lets say a year ago you had a black person steal your car stereo out of your car or you where beat up by a black person for really no reason. Now would you think it is fair to put all black people in jail?
    Would it be fair to kill all black people and ban them from your community?
    This can work for white, yellow, brown, orange, grey, and or any other colored person but you get the point.

I have read many articles about pitbulls, I have other friends with some pitbulls, and I promise that these dogs are not bad because of breed.
    These dogs are bad because of the deed of the owner.
    Pitubulls are one of the most loyal dogs you'll ever meet.
    They do anything they can to please there owner.
    Thats all there life is about, is to make sure there owner is happy.
    This can work against the breed in a drastic way because thugs, young inmature punks, and irresponsible people that get there hands on these dogs and use them for all the wrong reasons.
    I have met people that I know that do stupid things with these dogs and it makes me sick.
    I call them on it at all times.
    I as an owner of this breed have a responsiblity to change the opinions of the uneducated haters that just hate on things that they do not understand.
    I will not pull up stats of dog bites etc and I will not say that pitbulls do not hurt others at times, but I will say that it's the deed not the breed and nobody will ever change my opinion for the sole purpose that I have been around pitbulls for over 10 years.

Please open your eyes when it comes to the breeds.
    The way to fix these issues is by enforcing the laws and/or making the laws very harsh for the owners of these pets that cause problems.
    They need to be punished in every sense of the word.
    As I stated above it makes me sick to think that people get these dogs and neglect them because the consequences can be horrific.
    Joey Porter is a prime example of this happening.
    It's a sad day for the pitbull family because it's one more negative story about the breed which makes the naysayers come out the woodworks to cry foul.
    it's a shame.
    LMFAO,

I love the black person comparison except for the fact that black people were not "bred" to be aggressive.

I have no problem with the banning of the breed. There are mouintains of information to support the banning. If it saves a life so be it. I personally am not worried about pitbulls because I own a gun, and I wouldn't hesitate one second in blowing a hole through it's insides if I felt it was going to harm my child, my wife, a neighbore or even my own dog.

I'll attest that a Rot on a leash almost killed my dog because my sister let her out. It wouldn't let go, even with his master punching it in the face. I finally broke it's jaw with a crowbar and it let go. Lockjaw is breed. That dog was a nice neighborhood dog until then.

Del Rio Guest

Pitbulls are not naturally aggressive to humans, but they are bred to be aggressive to other animals. There is actually a story here in Utah this morning about a couple pits they finally caught that had killed a horse a dog and two cats while running free this weekend.

They must like horse meat.

What I love about the Pitbull is how it has become a symbol of success to own one. You have rappers with them football players. I have my rims, my grill, my bling, and my pitbull.

You know gol 'darnit well Joey Porter is not spending adequate time with his dogs. The law can't FORCE you to spend time with your dog, so it does what it can do and keeps them from being allowed. Denver just did this a while ago too.

It sucks for the pitbull owners that are responsible, but when the choice is risk the death of another human being so someone can have a family pet, or banning everyone from having them. I would ban everyone of them, sorry you cant have a doggy bred to grab a bull by the face and incapacitate it, buy a bird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast