Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool Cue???

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pool Cue???

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I saw some at Wal-mart... Pretty solid sticks.. Better then the ones at the bar.. 14 bucks too.. They had a Pam Anderson one.. And a Budweiser one
    I hear that the Pam Anderson cue is a pretty BIG ONE! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"RK." wrote:
    A serious stick will set you back at least $200. However it sounds like you are just looking for a used stick that you can take to a bar. You should be able to get something like that for $35 to $50. I would suggest that you check with a local pool hall. There are usually guys upgrading their cue and selling their starter cues there. For a bar cue you want to get one with a 13 millimeter size tip. Its better for the punch game you have to play on bar tables with the larger cue ball. You could also check at Kmart, Target, or Walmart in their sporting goods dept. They usually have a range of inexpensive sticks. Do not get a stick that has a screw on ferrule (tip) Do not get a stick that has more than one joint and make sure that the joint has a screw that is at least 1" or more in length. The joint should also be high impact plastic or metal. The plastic are generally more preferred but has to be the right kind of plastic. Also get a hard case rather than a soft one to carry and store it in. Only clean the shaft with scotch bright, never sand paper and shape the curve of the tip to match the curve of a nickle. Just hold a nickle up to the tip to check the curve. They make curved sand paper shapers for this purpose, get one they are cheap. :smile:
    Unless you have a wood cue. My cue is a Meucci made of wood and I have to get it regularly sanded to keep it straight :lol:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    A serious stick will set you back at least $200. However it sounds like you are just looking for a used stick that you can take to a bar. You should be able to get something like that for $35 to $50. I would suggest that you check with a local pool hall. There are usually guys upgrading their cue and selling their starter cues there. For a bar cue you want to get one with a 13 millimeter size tip. Its better for the punch game you have to play on bar tables with the larger cue ball. You could also check at Kmart, Target, or Walmart in their sporting goods dept. They usually have a range of inexpensive sticks. Do not get a stick that has a screw on ferrule (tip) Do not get a stick that has more than one joint and make sure that the joint has a screw that is at least 1" or more in length. The joint should also be high impact plastic or metal. The plastic are generally more preferred but has to be the right kind of plastic. Also get a hard case rather than a soft one to carry and store it in. Only clean the shaft with scotch bright, never sand paper and shape the curve of the tip to match the curve of a nickle. Just hold a nickle up to the tip to check the curve. They make curved sand paper shapers for this purpose, get one they are cheap. :smile:
    Unless you have a wood cue. My cue is a Meucci made of wood and I have to get it regularly sanded to keep it straight :lol:
    Me too! :lol:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I saw some at Wal-mart... Pretty solid sticks.. Better then the ones at the bar.. 14 bucks too.. They had a Pam Anderson one.. And a Budweiser one
    I hear that the Pam Anderson cue is a pretty BIG ONE! :lol:
    Yah it was pretty much just her rack :lol:

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Im pretty good for 15 years old. I was looking to get a Viking cue a little while ago. (brand, has nothing to do with the minnesota vikings)

They are around 1-300 for a decent one.

For now though, Im using my trusty $20 wal-mart playboy cue. lol

Retired 12/21/08

Prophet Guest

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    I have used the sneaky pete cues before. They are a decent bar cue. :smile:

DC Sanding will not make the shaft straight. :razz: You only sand a shaft if you have managed to dent it some how. Repeated sanding will reduce the diameter of the shaft and eventually weaken the ferrule. I have a Huebler cue and the shaft is as straight and strong as the day I got it. :wink:

Cajun I did manage to defray the costs of my education by spending a couple of hours or more a day in the student union working the tables at Texas Tech. :smile: These days I just play the USPPA tournaments.

WWBGD

Prophet Guest

I have a few Huebler cues too. Nice cues. I did the same as you RK., paid a chunk of my tuition on the tables. Fun days.

"RK." wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

DC Sanding will not make the shaft straight. :razz: You only sand a shaft if you have managed to dent it some how. Repeated sanding will reduce the diameter of the shaft and eventually weaken the ferrule. I have a Huebler cue and the shaft is as straight and strong as the day I got it. :wink:

Cajun I did manage to defray the costs of my education by spending a couple of hours or more a day in the student union working the tables at Texas Tech. :smile: These days I just play the USPPA tournaments.
    I didn't know that you had Texas roots...must've been back in the old SWC days :lol:

I went to U of Houston for law school and had a few Red Raider alums in my classes...I always root for your guys against Texas and A&M as well.

"RK." wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:
    I have a few Huebler cues too. Nice cues. I did the same as you RK., paid a chunk of my tuition on the tables. Fun days.
    Maybe we should start a PurplePride Pool squad with you two and Pologirl as our ringers! :grin:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast