Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

now that's just !#$%!#% up..

what could reallly be wrong?
    the media?
    people not liking his BS ways?

or the fact he won't be broke for his kids lifetime?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

BirdHunter is offline Starter

Here is the copy of the police narrative:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html?link=rssfeed
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

This goes to show that even if you have it all, you are not immune to depression. It's a bloodthirsty demon, and that's why you need real friends...

I have a feeling that T.O. didn't really have anyone around that actually cared enough to notice he was having a tough time.

That is alot of pressure for anyone to handle.

I wish him the best.
    -Sno

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Stop feeling sorry for him.

A witness, says that he didn't attempt suicice.

Wait for the full story to come out.

Also, during the PC about TOs surgery, the Big Tuna said that TO has had problems (adverse) with pain medication. This was the PC after the surgery.

This report is according to Mort, the same guy that said Leinert would be starting??

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I absolutely despised TO.

Now I feel bad for him.
    Speaking from someone who has been there all I can say is I now undertsand TO a LOT better and many of the things he has done suddenly make more sense.

I wish you the betst TO and hope you can overcome this...depression is not easy.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That is a very high road to take SnoBum.
    I, like a lot of people, was questioning the motives... after all, he is rich, successful, famous.
    But you make a good point in that depression can affect anyone, and even TO is human.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

holy cow. this guy is got issues. i hope he feel better soon. even though I hate him, i dont wanna see him dead.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Stop feeling sorry for him.

A witness, says that he didn't attempt suicice.

Wait for the full story to come out.

Also, during the PC about TOs surgery, the Big Tuna said that TO has had problems (adverse) with pain medication. This was the PC after the surgery.

This report is according to Mort, the same guy that said Leinert would be starting??
    Let me ammend my statements a bit.

That woman that is the witness is actually the publicist??

Once I know the full story, I will start dishing out the comments of how I feel about it.

IMHO.....
    As far as how he doesn't have any true friend and depression, I think he is actually gay in an environment that is not condusive to his true being.
    I have thought that for years now, just had to put that out there.
    The likelihood of ever knowing if this statement is true, slim to none.

Prophet Guest

POSTED 10:49 a.m. EDT, September 27, 2006

BEST WISHES TO T.O.
    pft.com

We'd never thought we'd say this, but we feel bad for Terrell Owens.

Though there are some out there who believe that T.O.'s reported suicide attempt was a warped, twisted strategy for engendering sympathy from a society that almost unanimously has written him off as a jerk or worse, we believe that if he really did try to end his life there are deeper questions that need to be answered before he ever puts on a football helmet -- or before he even leaves the hospital.

The first order of business should be a complete and thorough psychiatric evaluation, performed by a leading expert in the field.
    The goal should be to find out exactly what he did and why he did it, and to determine whether he has any mental illness or mood disorder that requires medication and/or treatment.

Clinical depression is still regarded by many as a stigmatizing condition.
    Thousands suffer with it silently, for fear that they'll be labeled as "crazy" or "lazy" by friends, coworkers, and family members.
    But maybe some of the bizarre behaviors we've seen from Owens over the past few years were the manifestation of an actual defect in his mind that, like a broken finger or a torn ligament, needs proper care in order to heal.

We're not saying that Owens is or isn't suffering from any form of mental or emotional illness.
    We're saying that he needs to be checked out thoroughly -- and that those close to him need to fully support him in this regard, including his family, his head coach, his teammates, and his agent.

If his suicide attempt (and some, most, or all of his other conduct over the past year or so) was the result of a condition that can be treated and cured, then he'll be a better man for it moving forward.

Also, if he does suffer from clinical depression or some other mental illness (and again we're not saying that he does), he has an excellent opportunity to help strip away the stigma, and to persuade others who have not received treatment to explore the possibility that some of the challenges in their lives might be the result of issues beyond their control.

Of course, there always will be cynics and skeptics.
    And we usually are carrying the flag.
    In this case, however, we're going to give Owens a clean slate.

But we're also going to pay close attention to how the situation is handled moving forward.
    In the end, we might conclude that he doesn't deserve our sympathy.
    For now, though, we think he does.

Finally, AOL's Jamie Mottram raised a great question during a brief chat we had with him on a special edition of Sports Blogger Live not long after the story broke.
    If Owens has a deeper problem, should the fans or the media feel guilty for compounding the situation by scrutinizing and criticizing him?

The answer, in our view, is a resounding no.
    Pro athletes voluntarily assume a very visible and public position in our culture.
    Many of them say and do stupid, selfish, and/or irresponsible things.
    There is no obligation on the part of the media or the fans to attempt to distinguish players who are simply jerks from those whose actions are the result of health problems.

It is, we believe, the responsibility of the persons who are making a dollar (or, as the case may be, thousands and/or millions of them) from the pro athlete's skills and performance to monitor whether the situation is more serious than the guy simply being a buffoon.
    Coaches, owners, agents, general managers, etc. are in the best position to spot a potential issue, and to deal with it.
    For the same reason that medical care is sought and received when a possible physical problem arises, these persons should be ready and willing to encourage the player to seek and receive medical care when a mental or emotional problem arises.

Until that happens, the media and the fans are entitled to presume that the player is merely a jerk.
    After it happens, we all have an obligation to consider the situation very carefully before making any further judgments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

WOW i'm at a lost.
    I hope he gets the help he needs.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast